1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Altered Melee] Medieval Strategy Overhaul

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by UmbraUnda, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you tell me where I can find it in the Game Interface?

2. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  3. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you using any kind of special editor?
    I can't find it in my Game Interface.
    Note: I don't have "F)" either
    This is how it looks for me:
    upload_2017-4-23_17-28-22.png

4. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hm, looks like it's a feature of JNGP. I have it with WEU enabled.

5. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is that in combat stats or game constants?

6. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Probably. I also use JNGP, but have WEU usually disabled.

@UmbraUnda It's in Advanced -> Game Interface, but you need WEU enabled for it. It is included in JNGP, so you should already have it. You only need to enable it.

7. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The missile part is in combat stats.

8. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh sorry.:oops: I though you were talking about that Game Interface stuff.

Yeah missile stuff is in combat.

9. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Name changed to Medieval Realms.

New Beta version in the works with updated assets & new systems. Implemented walkable buildable walls (YAY!), rotatable structures, all buildings sizes are standardized for preliminary building site construction, new construction system requires multiple workers, & garrison system for all structures (+attack for some).

Still need to configure more custom resources, farming system, and other systems such as alliances, trading, etc.

Here are some new revised, resized, and updated buildings - note the standardized sizes.

[​IMG]

10. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just made huge progress with the new triggers. Figured out nearly everything that I was having trouble with after many trial and error attempts. So glad I got it working!

Expect a working BETA version soon (a month or two) with the following new features: Alliance System (ally/unally); BUILD-ABLE, WALK-ABLE walls, ladders, stairs and towers with door system; Construction System (requires multiple workers and worker types) - based off of Building Site System which can rotate, duplicate, and be deleted for easy city planning and customization ( +standardized building sizes to fit well with each building site template - 8 sizes); and if I can also figure out and get working - trading system with carts & ships + custom resources; In addition to Stone and Lumber: Food, Gold, Ore, and Clay will be added + re-purposed.

Stone- Used in advanced building construction and advanced building upgrades. Can be processed into Ore.
    Stone is mined from Rocks and Deposits.
    Lumber- Used in all building construction and some upgrades. Also used for light armor unit production and armor upgrades.
    Lumber is cut from Trees.
    Food - Used exclusively for all organic unit production and possible troop rationing.
    Food is harvested from farms, berry bushes and hunted animals.
    Ore - Used in medium-heavy armor unit production and advanced building construction.
    Ore is mined from Deposits and processed from Stone and Clay.
    Gold - Used by trade-carts and trade-ships as a merchant currency and is trade-able for other resources at the market.
    Gold is mined from Deposits and traded.
    Clay- Used in all building construction and building upgrades. Can be processed into Ore.
    Clay is mined from Deposits.

11. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heya! Sorry for not being here for so damned long, I had a lot going on and kinda forgot about the Hive.
    I see you've made a helluva lot of progress! Good job man, and keep up the amazing work!