1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

MedievalStrategyOverhaul_v0.23a

Submitted by UmbraUnda
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
-Medieval Strategy Overhaul-
This project is an overhaul of Warcraft III for the best experience in Medieval Real Time Strategy.

Inspired by WCIII, Stronghold and Age of Empires II

Medieval Strategy Overhaul is a grand and complex RTS. I've yet to play an RTS I've been truly satisfied with because each one has it's own unique systems and gameplay - so I decided I would combine the best aspects of them to provide a unique and thorough medieval RTS experience.

New combat mechanics, camera zoom system, upgrade system for all units and buildings, custom pathing for custom buildings, castle system with build-able walk-able walls & rotatable buildings, realistic environments that affect unit stats depending on the terrain + more rivers & bigger maps with miles between players and plenty of room for building cities and castles, updated hero system, custom resources, farming system, and a crafting system for food and gear. Not everything is implemented yet - still a work in progress...

4 Player Map - Custom Melee / Strategy - Terrain inspired by Germany's beautiful landscapes.
Terrain is in a rough state; laid out the basics but it needs smoothing, doodads, decor etc.

• Techtree coming soon...
  • 0.2a - Implemented

Added Quests - Tutorial, Camera & Credits
    Fixed missing icons
    Building size reduced by 10-20%
    Custom Pathing for Buildings
    Additional tech requirements
    Shortened file name (Now appears in game list)
    Added descriptions to Attack and Armor types (% vs armor types, % vs attack types)\
    Locked Player Settings (Always Human)
    Added more stone throughout map
    Walls slightly more expensive
    Hawk & Falcon sight range increased
    Updated Cavalry Icons
    Implemented Markmanship Upgrade (train at Archery Target)
    Implemented Canine Training and Animal Husbandry (Train at Barn)
    Implemented unused abilities that had required upgrades (Smoke Bomb, Piercing Ballista, Burning Oil - Explosive Barrel)
    Fixed Market and Cathedrals shop abilities - Items now buyable (Item Abilities still need work)
    Paths can now be built upon
    Updated Stone Gathering Trigger - Some loopholes fixed + Return Resources ability for stone.
    Updated Item Abilities + Added New Items

0.21a - Implemented
    Fixed missing icons in Quests
    Wall (4) no longer upgrades into Path (2)
    FIXED Stone Gathering glitches
    Player Starting Positions no longer fixed
    Assassin now upgrades at the Great Hall
    Fixed Pickaxe (3) Icon
    Gate no longer gives 10 population
    Paths buildable once again however can no longer be built on

0.22a - Implemented
    New JASS gathering system - Fixed memory leaks and all resource gathering bugs
    Assassin now has requirements of Tier 2 Infantry
    Heroes now have requirements similar to Infantry or relevant upgrades
    All Tier 2 Buildings now require the upgrade: Building Framework (from Lumber Mill)
    Well's Replenish ability heals x5 as much
    Fixed Sword (2) upgrade's DISBTN icon
    Ranged Foot Soldiers and Support Soldiers given Sprint ability
    Pathfinder given Ensnare ability
    Squire given Block ability
    Units with Berserk no longer have Charge! & Berserk now increases movement speed
    Scout, Fire Pit, Light Post (1) & (2) have extended LOS during night time

0.23a - Implemented

Gate (2) & (3) no longer have spirit tower attack
    Stones now have 2500 hp, up from 1000 for additional stone
    Creeps levels revised for proper experience gain
    Hero XP rate doubled
    Abilities that cost too much mana revised
    Some new implemented abilities, more will come in later versions
    Long Hall (4) no longer resurrects heroes
    Workshop disabled icons fixed
    Additional tech requirements for some buildings

Coming Soon...

Finish and detail terrain
    New building construction system
    New walls and towers for castle construction
    Fix custom pathing maps and implement walkable walls + stairs
    Fix and reworked abilities for all units, especially casters
    3 new units - Spy, Physician, & Naturalist
    New icons for all units (to match unique building icons)
  • Coming soon...
  • Created by UmbraUnda, check map Quests for complete Credits
  • NEED HELP WITH TRIGGERS AND JASS !!!

Check the forum @
    Medieval Strategy Overhaul

Please give feedback and critique.
Contents

MedievalStrategyOverhaul (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
An overly complicated techtree with only two resource types. Still needs lots of work. The map file name's too long to be seen in the game. There are no credits in the Quest Log as the loading screen description mentions. Terrain is flat and has...
Xeryxoz
Another set of feedback 1. You made the roads require a goldmine to be placed - now you can't build them at all 2. I found that final upgrade of a wall (don't know if it's vertical or horizontal) can be upgraded into a road.... (All that money spent...
  1. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    reserved

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Unkn0wN_Merchant

Unkn0wN_Merchant

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the game! But are the trees really regrowable? Also, workers can't return stone resources manually.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    An overly complicated techtree with only two resource types.
    Still needs lots of work.

Well now

The map file name's too long to be seen in the game.
    There are no credits in the Quest Log as the loading screen description mentions.
    Terrain is flat and has little to not tile variation in many parts (especially the starting zones).
    Why are all animals grouped and facing south?
    Some buildings' description are not explicit.
    Without the Stone Storage, the workers just keep harvesting on and on. With the storage, they just get to it and nothing happens. Stone is not given to the building, hence no stone resource added.
    Pressing Builder (2) on Builder (1), nothing happens. He can't use the Thunder Clap because the has 11 mana and the spell costs 90.
    Why not mention how much attack the drummer gives (ability) like for the banner?
    Not sure why would upgrading the Lumber Mill be useful since all upgrades can be researched without upgrading the building. Upgrading it only takes resources and gives nothing except for increased HP.
    Does Regrow Trees actually work?
    Sweep on the Dummy mentions Gryphon Rider in the description.
    Offensive Stance-> not yet working (description). Spear and Stone Wall as well.
    Units get through buildings (after they are upgraded and become bigger).
    In the House, Sleep and Rest are the same thing...
    Why upgrade houses if they don't give extra food or anything else?
    What are the unit on a unit (upgrades?) supposed to do? They cost resources but nothing happens when clicking them. OK, they work after upgrading some buildings but it's weird that the "ability" on them looks active before said research(es) is/are complete. What about using the ability/upgrade the Troll Headhunters have, Berserker? This way, all units will automatically be upgraded instead of having to spend resources and time on each.
    What's the purpose of having a Falcon and a Hawk as two different units instead of one being the upgrade of the other or something? What's the difference between them?
    Duke and Archduke as two different units one having an extra ability, gods...
    King's Aura buff says: this unit has Bloodlust.
    Because the units are so small it's hard to know which is a worker, which is which, most of the time unless they are set to a group.
    Bishop and Counselor both have Cleanse.
    Priest and Sage both have Healing.
    How does the Boatman fish?

Worker (the second unit on the first row/the woman) has no DISBTN (icon looks like a green square on F10/pause). Use this program to create a disabled icon for it: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same goes for Long Hall and Sentry.
    What's the difference between the workers, gender? Why not just make the gender spawn randomly like in AoE? So, then why not make a proper description for them instead of leaving the same description for both?
    The woman worker has a green icon on her (Long Hall; I mean Worker (2)). The Repair ability switches places with the Long Hall as opposed to the other worker.
    Scout's Light needs to look like a PASBTN (passive ability). Use that program to make it into one.
    Stop, Hold Position and Attack have no DISBTNs. Sprint too.
    Drummers and Bannermen have the same icon.
    Blacksmith, Dummy, Pier, Path, Shrine, Fire Pit, Well, Tent don't have DISBTN.
    All icons on the male Worker have no DISBTN.
    Banner ability doesn't look like it's passive and it is placed differently than the drummer's.
    All icons in the Training Ground except the one that has the Defend one have no DISBTN.
    Most units in the Barracks have the same icon. It's frustrating.
    Block icon doesn't look like a passive ability's. Same: Sentry, Evasion, Command Tactics.
    Falcon's portrait is that of Medivh.
    Inspire has no DISBTN. Neither do King, Nobility and Great Hall.
    King's Aura's icon looks like a active ability's.
    Inspire's buff is Inner Fire.
    War Drummer's upgrade is placed instead of the Attack command while on units with Attack, the unit upgrade is placed near the Patrol command.
    All icons under the units in the Archery Range have no DIBTN.
    Archers look alike (icons).
    Tooltip missing on the Ranger.
    Multishot has no DISBTN. Same: Poison and Flame Arrows.
    The icon upgrades for the archers don't look like their original icons like for the other units.
    Tooltips missing on Fortified and Round towers. Also, no DISBTN.
    Lots of green square icons in the Docks.

Overall a too complex techtree with things hard to remember; many similar units (look, icons, abilities, purpose). Hard to see units (small size). Everything is cluttered.
    Huge buildings that take most part of the screen and units can get through them not being seen. Buildings can be constructed very near to each other.

Set to Awaiting Update.

====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Basically what deepstrasz wrote.
    And the mapsize is really extreme for 4 players.

I mean basic wc3 maxsize of epic (256*256) is already quite large and can easily comfort 12 players, whereas the new limit of 480*480 almost quadruples that, yet the maximum amount of players allowed stays the same.
    So 12 players could work, still that's pretty large.

Waiting for update/response.

5. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad you like it! Trees don't regrow - idk why, I followed some tutorial on how to get the ability to work but it won't work. If you know how to fix the trigger, let me know - btw the map isnt protected so feel free to open in the editor and edit the trigger yourself. Yeah I need to link the return resources ability to the stone gathering trigger but idk how. Like I said it's still a work in progress.

Wow you went above and beyond - great review mate. Thanks a bunch for identifying all those fixes that need to be made.

Two resources for now - more will eventually be implemented, ex. food, gold, ore etc.
    I was wondering why the green squares appeared - alright I'll get those DISBTN's uploaded asap.
    I couldn't figure out where I could edit quests - gotta look up a tutorial, I'll get to it soon.
    Animals are like that because that's how standard wc3 was. I would like to add spawn points and have them wander but it needs triggers that idk how to do.
    Argh, oops. I forgot to mention that to upgrade unit tiers you have to be near a specific building. For the builder its the Long Hall (2) to upgrade to tier 2.
    Yeah, some descriptions still need work.
    True - I need to add additional tech requirements to make upgrading buildings more useful.
    I still need to add custom pathing maps for 90% of the buildings.
    Really? Upgrading houses don't give extra population? Weird I thought I did, but not by much. I'll double check that later.
    Unit upgrades give better stats and new gear (attachments).
    I know - the casters need more abilities... a lot more abilities.
    You can zoom in and out with -zoom #
    Yeah, just gender - for now its purpose it to build different buildings so that everything can be built. Until I redo the construction system.
    I'll make more custom icons for each unit soon - for now it's just a portrait that upgrades per tier.
    Awesome links, I'll use them to help advance the project.
    Buildings are supposed to be big - size of a door is about the size of a unit. I'm considering a slight 10% reduction to building size though.
    Right, I'll get those custom pathing maps implemented.

Thanks again, excellent feedback!

I agree, its extremely complex but I want it to be + I need to put a tutorial in quests. I will get most of your concerns worked out soon.

Size is huge on purpose for more realistic sense of how big the world really is. Also plenty of room for city building.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also:
    BLP Lab v0.5.0
    Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
    How to Make an Icon
    Open up a normal WcIII campaign map and inspire yourself from there.
    Basically you need to go to Triggers->Action->Quests->Create Quest->Set Variable: OptionalQuest1=Last Created Quest; then Action->Quests->Create Quest Requirement for OptionalQuest1 (and write there what needs to be written).
    You can use the numbers under Num Lock (activate it) to turn the units to a desired angle.
    About wandering, there's an ability called Wander that WcIII neutral passive critters have but that makes them go absolutely random which means they can get to your base too. If you want them to wander in a specific zone, then you need to create regions and use triggers to make them move from one region to another by either using the Move or Patrol command (Action->Unit->Issue order to a point). You can either preset the regions or just make them wander to a random region from a region group. To do that you need to create variables for each region. It's a bit more complicated and takes more time. You'd have to make a chance based trigger like: Set RegionChance1=random number between 1 and max number of regions for said zone. Then have the unit move to the region corresponding to the RegionChance1 number.
    Another thing you could do is just leave the Wander ability on and surround the animal zones with regions. If they enter one of those regions they will be ordered to go out of it.
    Oh man, that's kind of bizarre.
    Well, you could just have three levels per upgrade. I don't think it's necessary to upgrade stone harvesting 5 times. Every upgrade level requires the building being upgraded or something.
    Aw.

7. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome, much appreciated.

Yeah, I saw a custom wander system in the resources but my lack of experience in Triggers keeps me from using it. Once I get somebody who knows triggers well to help me with this project I'll be implementing many more systems or until somebody sends me easy to use tutorials.

About the upgrading units near buildings - its done that way so that you don't rush with a small army, then upgrade outside of an enemy city - now that's bizarre. So it's more realistic if Spearman 1 upgrades to Spearman 2 at the barracks - where the new equipment would be located.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    True. However, there's no notification of the range or something.

9. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Because triggers... - It'll get done eventually. Range Notification + Building name & Requirements to upgrade.

Maybe I can put requirements in unit description for now until it gets triggered.

10. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Idk how I missed this - hmm it seems to be a rare range glitch. Try to move the worker closer or farther from the stone mill - that should fix it.
    Sorry the stone gathering trigger isn't perfect and has a couple bugs.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, this trigger is very important. You should really find a way to fix/change it.

12. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aye, I know how - I'll try tweaking the range, otherwise I'll post for help in the forums then.

EDIT: After additional testing, I had no problems harvesting stone. Works fine harvesting close to stone mill and far away. If it isn't range, it must be another rare glitch.

I'll still post on the forums about linking gather & return resources abilities to stone harvesting.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  13. Xeryxoz

Xeryxoz

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just a few bugs and suggestions. . .

Bugs :
    1. When upgrading a hero, It lowers it's damage value (as well as stat I think)
    2. When peasants are mining stone, the problem of not building a building to set the stone in makes the peasants stuck and unable to mine any more, even if you build the storage for stone, they are stuck at a value too high from the limited, and their drop-off no longer works (needs fixing)
    3. When the stone drop-off is not built, the peasants shall keep on hitting the stone quarry only lowering it's health needlessly along with the 2nd listed bug.

Tips/Suggestions :
    1. You can build anything on roads!
    2. Roads flatten the terrain and connect to the other road's height - that way dirty bulks are not visible sticking out from the ground!
    3. Buildings you can rotate (Some people like to make beautiful cities)
    4. Stairs, bridges, moats (choke points and defenses!)
    6. More resources ( I know you will put them in)
    7. Roads can be upgraded to crop fields - which would generate a food resource (for 6th suggestion)
    8. I suggest that houses give less food capacity, 10 is too much, start it off at 2, then each upgrade gives 1-2 more
    9. Battle experience for units - the more they fight and survive battles, the more battle ready they will be, sure a fancy set of strong armor can be good, but if you meet a master swordsman, even if all he has is a sword in his hands, he can beat a heavily armored man, even in his underwear - also, training grounds gives the units battle experience to a certain extent, and fighting among play units as well, but anything more would be from enemy units, that way even this has a purpose.

I like the overall system and idea - make several separate maps when you finish this, and you've got yourself an amazing strategy game to play...
    Needs a lot more work, ambience and detail.... But the overall thought on this from me is that it has amazing potential, and that when it's finished, It will be worth more than the maximum rating value, but for now....

Edit : Please fix the gates which are stronger than the walls themselves + can shoot 45 damage arrows...

Well Done 4/5

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  14. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm - I'll double check hero stats.

Yeah, the stone mining trigger is far from perfect - I have a forum in triggers asking for help however not many people reply or can even help. If you know somebody good with triggers, send them my way.

Good tips! I agree with most of them - just implemented ability to build on paths.
    I want to implement most of them however they require triggering (Some is found in other maps/projects however idk what to change to make it work after copying)

Not sure about paths upgrading into crop fields - maybe path (1) since its dirt. Still I'd prefer a separate build-able farm or farming system that works with terrain.

Yeah maybe 10 is a bit much. I'll consider lowering it.

Veterancy/Battle Experience system for normal foot soldiers would be awesome - I need to look for some tutorials on how to make one.

I'm about to release version 0.2a so I'm not going to do much more for now.
    However in the next version I'll fix the heroes stats and more + start implementing more systems if I can find somebody to help with triggers.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, I don't remember if I wrote this or not. What do you think about changing the hue of the unit icons for each upgrade? Say the last one would be golden or reddish or something and the first ones green, blue or whatever.

16. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm, idk about that... feels repetitive and corny. However for the version after 0.2a (going to release in a few hours) I'm going to screen shot every single unit and make custom icons for them so that each unit has unique and depicting icons. I'm also going to attempt to fix building animations which are currently broken or non existent for ~50% of buildings.

Also I posted for help on the forums about the stone trigger however I've gotten 0 help... just one reply that didn't follow through.
    However its an old thread so maybe if I start a new thread more people would reply.
    Hopefully people read the tutorial - I mentioned the bugs and how to harvest correctly so that should at least avoid the bugs for now.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Player starting units are created for each even if player slots are not filled.
    Why not use some plants/crops something on the wide plain grass parts (or some other grass tiles)? Would make it look like fields and not desolate land.
    Unless the Stone Mill is built, the workers just consume the stone pile health without taking the gathered resources to the main building. It's a neat patch since those resources aren't lost, they're being add up.

Long Hall 3's icon switches places with Set Rally Point's. It's all because of the Builder that pushes the Rally Point icon there.
    I suggest placing each building upgrade icon (eg: from Long Hall 1 to Long Hall 2) on the same spot so that it won't look confusing like in the Great Hall, the icon being somewhere between the unit icons and whatnot.
    Fine Meal text is yellow; a |cffff0000|r text error. What's the difference between this spell and Sleep again? They both have the same description. Plus only one of them is activated when one is used on a unit.
    Some buildings like the Water Mill and Stone Mill have no displayed (yellowed) hotkey in their names/titles. Neither do: Long Hall, Great Hall, House, Manor, Forge, Tavern, Market and Warehouse. Now you can either make one different letter for each like the original game does or use: W, E, R, T etc. depending on the position of the icons in the build menu.
    In the Tavern, Water Purification's icon looks like that of a passive ability.
    Tavern Brew and Brewing icons look the same. Differentiate them somehow. Changing the hue is one idea.
    Why would you have all 3 Tavern Brews at the same time in the Tavern to choose from? Plus, they all have the same description but require different mana values.
    Same with the food in the Marketplace. The icons don't have DISBTNs there.
    Assassin's Poisoned Strike's hotkey is green not yellow (ability text/title).
    Many unit icons are the same even though they're supposed to represent different unit types (eg: Assassin and Ranger).

And so on and so forth, however, the map is playable with the critical issue being fixed.

Set to Approved.

18. Xeryxoz

Xeryxoz

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Another set of feedback

1. You made the roads require a goldmine to be placed - now you can't build them at all
    2. I found that final upgrade of a wall (don't know if it's vertical or horizontal) can be upgraded into a road.... (All that money spent on a wall, and someone upgrades it to a road ^^)
    3. Assassins from tavern can't be upgraded (I ain't sure if it's fixed in 0.2) - Edit : It ain't....
    4. Another idea - unit damages that are not siege deal 1% of damage on structures - I've noticed how fast units kill structures, and it just isn't all that realistic, what's the point of siege if a metal sword can cut down a stone wall

-A compliment - Finally someone who made a system where archers as a large scale army isn't able to kill 2 armies at once - It's actually a large scale problem by many people, however, I also feel that archers might be a little bit too weak in the battles, I suggest a system of RNG battle for them, bonus damage based on hitting a critical point (like a lung or a head shot) but it may be over powered in the long run - as it is now, it's some-what on the balanced zone, well done!

5. It would be fun to add in a bandit element after a 10 minute grace period that happens every so often, just to keep people concerned about safety and to make defenses early on along with some soldiers, as well as wildlife re-population (and the regrow doesn't quite work.....)
    6. Shrine's "Ceremony" does not work, at all.... does it need a priest next to it? - Edit : It doesn't....
    7. For those siege units that offer cover from archers, I have an idea for a system if there isn't one... - AoE damage transfer/ Linked damage - if an unit within the AoE gets hit / The linked units are hit, the damage is transfered to the defending unit, that's the basic idea I have for that - I think such a thing is possible because it has been done years back in metastasis, where there was a shield generator protecting you from getting hurt for as long as the generator has mana, and each shot would remove a portion of it's mana in terms of how much damage was done, so it' might be the only way, however I do also suggest giving a fail % chance, so that an arrow may stray past in the right point and hurt the units behind - nothing is perfect after all
    8. Packing and unpacking trebuchets is way too fast - The process should be at least twice as long as it is now....
    9. Automatic use of healing from houses on those which are hurt - it would help a lot more than having to nitpick healing everyone which would last a heavy amount of time more?
    10. Inn serves the highest mana costing beverage (wine) all the time, even if you try taking the lower costing ones (Also.... make the HP regeneration different for each, even if for just 10 points) - and rework cooking and resting a bit, rest should be a AoE 0.2 hp per sec add-on regeneration while cooking should give 20 HP on 10 seconds - or else the tavern brews would be obsolete and irrelevant (plus, suggest you add mana to those buildings that give home made cooking and rest)
    11. Houses that can transport, so that you can hide those pesky peasants in time of war.... and hide an army that can suddenly attack as a strategy
    12. Walls should, like the siege units that defend you from arrows, defend from attacks, that way there ain't killing behind walls that cover half the city until they are down...
    13. Since the system of resources is a little buggy, and hard to understand for new people, perhaps sending off the rocks to the longhuse is also a good thing?
    14. Description for what does damage more to what and takes damage more from what in colors, dark green - great against, red - bad against, yellow - in between, orange - not good against, light shade of green - good against etc - easier for people to see how to counter and to learn

That's all for now - I will keep on nitpicking to help out with the development - just hope you don't find me bothersome after several long messages like this

Also - I do know an expert in Jass coding - try WselfWulf on battle.net - he goes on U.S. East and Europe, I ain't sure what times but he knows his stuff...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  19. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    YESSSS APPROVED tyvm sir. Would be nice to get 1 more star after all the work done though :D

As per your feedback- Terrain is far from done. Doodads have yet to be added + some mountains need smoothing and variation.
    That glitch for stone gathering is mentions in the tutorial so hopefully people avoid it. For the next version, Jampion came up with a way to fix that.
    Hmm, could be the button #s which are mostly 0. I agree, I'll revisit that to make sure everything has its own slot.
    O0o0o ok I'll double check the text for fine meal. Well, fine meal is supposed to be rejuvination, while sleep puts unit to sleep + regeneration.
    Yeah, hotkeys are not 100% implemented, nor text (text hotkey color) and some descriptions.
    Hmm you're right - water purification lost its border somehow, I'll rework that.
    Brew and Brewing? That could be my mistake of having both - it should just be Brewing + Tavern Drink Abilities.
    Err, oops forgot tech requirements for the Drink abilities. Maybe I should change up the Tavern's inventory as it upgrades, like I did for the Market.
    Really? I thought I did DISBTN's for those - I'll double check filepaths and names.
    Yup, I thought green was a more suitable color for a poison ability. Some fire abilities are orange-y-red. Would just having all gold be better?
    Yup, icons for footsoldiers still need work for unique depictions just how Eagle XI and I did for buildings and horses.

Awesome, I agree the core mechanics are in place - definitely should be playable.

1. What? Goldmine? I only required Path(2) & (3) to require stone building and stone masonry upgrades. Stone mill researches those btw.
    2. Oops, that's my bad - Wall (4) should not upgrade into anything except a gate. I'll upload a new map tonight with some hotfixes.
    3. Sorry mate, I had Assassin's upgrade at the Long Hall - I'm gonna change that to the Great Hall since thats its tech requirement.
    4. Hmm, maybe buildings just need more hit points. I disagree about only dealing 1% of damage though. The mechanics system I put in place does well for realistic damage types vs buildings. Smash damage does double damage - so macemen take out buildings faster than swordsmen (seems plausible to me).
    - Haha, Thanks. Didn't want ranged too op. Archers are fine as they are in terms of damage amount. Haha, idk how I'd implement critical hits based on areas of the body hit by the arrow. However, notice the damage dice are more on Ranged units than Melee ( I did that based on the chance it hits a vital point ). GOOD! tyvm
    5. I want to add that soon! Bandit and Beast spawn points and custom wander ability... needs a lot of triggering though.
    Yeah, about regrow - idk why it won't work, I followed two different tutorials exactly and still didn't work. Hopefully somebody can check out the trigger and fix it.
    6. Hmm could be a range issue - I'll double check that.
    7. Oo0o idk if that's even working yet - might need a custom missile system for that.
    Hmm, maybe however shouldn't the siege unit take most of the damage? I foresee a Manlet absorbing almost 100% while Ram (1) would be 80%, Ram (2) 90%
    Great suggestions - I'll try to get a siege cover ability going for the next version.
    8. Yeah it is. Maybe four times as long...
    9. Autocast healing would be nice, good idea. Also was thinking about adding 2 new caster units that act as Physicians/Doctors that know bandaging and herbalism.
    10. Hmm, could be the buff or I forgot to give each Drink its own healing ability (they all have the same healing ability right now probably)
    Yeah, food and rest #s could be tweaked.
    11. Yeah, I actually want to have all buildings have a garrison ability for all types of units.
    12. Another great suggestion! Hmm, idk how to implement it though.
    13. Only stone has a few glitches - mainly if you harvest without a stonemill which I mentioned in the Quests - Tutorial.
    Nope, makes 0 sense to bring it to the Long Hall. Mined stone needs additional processing at the stone mill before it can used just like lumber and the lumber mill.
    The Long Hall is simply a Town Center for civilians.
    14. Colors could help make it easier to read through all the numbers.

o0o0o0o REALLY!? Hope he's helpful! I'll look for him later.

GREAT FEEDBACK MATE! THANKS!