• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Of The Ring - Strategy Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Halo? I've done alot of work on my Halo map, it's got working controls(including Jump) but I still need to add some more crap. :]

I'm updating WOTR as I type.
Here is what's new:
Custom Map Preview
Custom Loading Screen
Kick-ass Trebuchets and Eagles
A whole bunch of upgrades and abilities

Here is what is left out to do:
Heroes
More upgrades
Custom music
The other races

I can come up with an Isengard race, but the buildings will be too similar to Mordor(the units and heroes not so bad).
Here is what I've thought of:
Inf-Uruk-hai Fighter-there's a model on the Hive(not the Lurtz one by DemigoD)
Arch-Uruk-hai Crossbowman-I can reskin the Fel Orc Crossbowman by General Frank
Cav-Warg Rider-I can edit the Raider model
Siege-Ballista-One on the Hive
Beast-Dark Huorn-Perhaps a corrupted Ancient will do
Ult-Berserker-I can edit the Blademaster and use Red Shift's texture

EDIT: Updated the map. Please check it out!

Last edited:
Level 3
Alright I was trying the map out and everything looked good likes most of the upgrades.

Only problem I saw was I couldn't find anything to get me into Tech Level 2.

That's the only thing I found that's bad.

Last edited:
Level 3
oh ya reactors lol.

But maybe you should add a ability that upgrades it giving 2 tech levels like the reactors upgrade (eg. costs more then the ordinary armory.). just a suggestion.

Level 6
Arg while I was playing by myself in single player I trained 1 catapult but got like 200 catapults at the same time o_O
This is quite a bug bug because if that happened online I could just kill everyone with my 200 catapults XD
The gameplay looks really nice with the squads and all and I cant wait to see all 3 races.
How did you make suck a good squad system :S

Thank you all for your support, I hope you have all loved this project!!! However, I'm sad to announce that I can't continue this project, not because of anything to do with me, but because my goddamn computer broke down, erased the map, and I can't be fucked reterraining. I know, fuck. Next time, I will NEVER protect my maps without uploading another unprotected one for backup.
I'm sorry. *sob*

@Goosebearslug:
You downloaded the 'unnew' map. That bug has been fixed in v0.5 Alpha.
Squad system is made by Amigurimi, downloaded from THW's tool section. Full GUI and easy to use.

I think I will upload the map onto the forums, even though it will get rejected for being an Alpha.

Level 6
Thank you all for your support, I hope you have all loved this project!!! However, I'm sad to announce that I can't continue this project, not because of anything to do with me, but because my goddamn computer broke down, erased the map, and I can't be fucked reterraining. I know, fuck. Next time, I will NEVER protect my maps without uploading another unprotected one for backup.
I'm sorry. *sob*

@Goosebearslug:
You downloaded the 'unnew' map. That bug has been fixed in v0.5 Alpha.
Squad system is made by Amigurimi, downloaded from THW's tool section. Full GUI and easy to use.

I think I will upload the map onto the forums, even though it will get rejected for being an Alpha.

This is what happens when you don't finish the project you started first and jump into another project. You should at least make a playable beta of Dragon Throne before bouncing into this. Anyway good luck with restarting everything. :thumbs_up:

Level 19
are u trying to make bfme i used to play that game actually. And i think i have some troll modells for you or sumthing if ur intrested or what ever i now have. I also have a lotro online map if u wana have ideas to check for a open project.

Status
Not open for further replies.