• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Eternal Warfare, the unique Strategy map

Status
Not open for further replies.
176529-albums3878-picture36149.png

-Your strategies are infinite-

Introduction:
Infinite Warfare is an altered melee map designed to be as unique as possible. I decided to make this after another crappy altered melee map called Battle For Outland. I will be hoping to make a chain of melee maps, and if things go successful, even a campaign. At the mean time, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Races:
Like in normal Warcraft 3, there are 4 races. However, mine are drastically changed. These races are:
The Crusade - a once might human kingdom, but now are fighting for survival against the onset of horrors. The Crusade is the most 'orthodox' faction. They use supportive tactics instead of all out war. Use their defensive abilities wisely.
The Wolfclans - a mystery to the Crusade, these semi-humans have the traits of wolves. They are a primitive race, but are very durable. The Wolfclans have one definitive strategy: chop til they drop. Their faction focuses on offense mainly.
The Ancients - the humans believe that the Ancients rose from deep, dark magic, but there is more hidden lore beneath their bark hides. The Ancients are the survivors. The termites. They represent a sledgehammer on the battlefield; hard to kill, even harder to stop their killing spree.
The Vanguard - these fierce dragonkin have recently appeared. Their agenda is unknown, but it is something that will change the world. The Vanguard are very versatile, but their most prominent trait is their mobility. Use them to take the fight to the enemy.

Gameplay:
The main purpose is to destroy all your enemy's units, like in melee maps, however I may add different modes. You build your kingdom normally, however the units are very different from normal WC3 and other units, and your strategies are infinite. Every single unit in the game will have at least one custom spell, and all spells are triggered. You may choose one hero out of three possible choices(one for each stat) for each race, and he will be your general on the battlefield. Terrain will be alot more realistic, I won't use any Blizzard cliffs, and there shall be custom UIs.
Each race will have its own unique strategy, which you can alter to your liking. Because I wanted to make the factions more unique, I had to reduce the amount of units in the techtree dramatically.
Some ideas of different gameplay(I'm not saying I will add them to my maps) include: modes like Take and Hold or King Defense, special items that benefit your techtree, and a unit-rank system.

Progress:
I will do the following in order:
Concept - 50%
Terrain - 0%
Object Data - 10%
Triggers - 0%
With some art inbetween.
2D/3D Art/Sound - 25%
I will not be hiring a team. Please don't ask me.

Other Information:
When completed, I will add background and map information(including Credits) into the Quest dialog. I expect my first map, Winterfrost, to be done in at maximum 2 and a half months. And as said, I may make a whole string of different maps(with the same races and everything, but different terrain) and even a campaign, if this project is liked enough.
After I finish Winterfrost, the other maps should be done quickly, as I will then just have to create the terrain and import triggers and object data.

Maps:
The first map, Winterfrost, will definitely be released. Some map ideas follow:
Winterfrost - a snowy plain
Noblewood - a forest
The Abandoned - a desert tomb
Dragonholm - an abandoned fortress

Please take your time reading, and do comment and give feedback and ideas. Thank you.

-GhostThruster

Last edited:
Level 6
Ello ghost, I like it and all but the map size of this is gonna be.... huge. The cool thing i like is that there are more interestinng races rather than orcs humans undead and night elves. Good luck to this =D

I may need a modeller in the near future actually. And I may need a skinner as well.

Right now, I haven't started on the terrain yet, but I've got some basic concepts ready.
Resources will not be gold, lumber and food.
Instead they will be:
Stone - harvested the orthodox way of getting workers to mine. Methods vary for each race.
Magiks - an essence of magic that is majorly differently harvested for each race.
Population - the food cap. Food cap increase buildings will be different for each race as well.

~bump~

Some more information:
The Vanguard should not be used by even a pro player. Only the very best master player should choose this race.
Here are the basic mechanics of this race:
The Vanguard uses a unique Breeding system, in which every trained unit has one embryo, and when it breeds, it uses up the embryo. However, Vanguard units can only mate with their own Queen Dragon. Once the breeding has finished, an egg will appear at the position. This egg trains every unit of the Vanguard techtree, but it does not supply research. Individual Units will have their own upgrades that affect only themselves. However, the egg takes damage every time a unit is trained, though it does heal by itself.
The Vanguard also must always be on the move. Their Queen Dragon, which is a mobile Town Hall for them, is susceptible to attacks from the enemy, and should it die, you cannot replace them and you will automatically lose. But the Vanguard's most powerful unit, the Dragonlord, has an active permanent teleport ability to arrive in the Queen's defence.
The Vanguard also has a very unique way of harvesting resources, in that, they don't "harvest" resources, but they build buildings that automatically periodically generate resources. Their buildings can only generate either Minerals, Magik or Population at the one time. Population does not periodically increase.
The Vanguard's main strategy is to strike the enemy hard and swift, using a variety of strategies to quickly assault them. Their mobility is unmatched, as their ability to train units on the spot and build a base anywhere is a unique asset. But that is also their fatal weakness.

Next time, I will provide more information on the Wolfclans.

Level 6
Vangaurd really confused me, i think for the creeps it would be cool to give them thier own techtree and have them grow in power as others do, just at a slower rate.

~bump~
I have decided that I won't be including heroes except in campaigns.

But now, to the Wolfclans information:
The Wolfclans are for the more aggressive players, who like to just smash their way in instead of using strategy.
Here are the basic mechanics of this race:
The Wolfclans are an all-out offensive race. Use them to easily besiege enemies with a barrage of deadly assault units. However, be warned, for they lack the careful, precise tactics of the Vanguard and the defensive power of the Crusade.
The Wolfclans are another 'orthodox' race next to the Crusade. They are based on the orcs, and use the same building methods. Their resource gathering method is the only 'normal' method out of the other races, in that they use workers that directly go inside Mineral mines and return out of them and store it in a resource building.
The Wolfclans' defenses, are however, drastically...crap. They have no towers, but they do have special War Huts that function like Orc Burrows, and also a unique upgradeable trap system. This system features one-time invisible traps that activate when enemies step on them. When used properly, you can counter-assault enemies without any units!
The Wolfclans' units are especially adept at assaults, however those that shine out the most are the Barbarians and Wolf Bats. The Barbarians serve as anti-footmen, using awesome path-clearing, knockback effects, and the Wolf bats, well, they are the enemy's hell. Wolf Bats, though incredibly weak, can cause mayhem across enemy aerial unit ranks, and once I release the map, you'll see why.
The Wolfclans can be played by anyone, novice to pro gamer, however, the faction must rely on its iron fist assault manuevres.

Next time, I will post info about the awesome Ancients. Thanks for reading and please keep posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.