• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nomadic Invasion: strategy based warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This map is designed to make the user invent a strategy around which to base their unit selections, and to use terrain and items in a similarly strategic manner.

Units are designed to have specific porpoises (ha), strengths to be used and weaknesses to be exploited. The four terrain types are designed to benefit different strategies and promote deception. Items are often used as information gathering tools.

There are two teams, one starts with 3 cities and the other starts with no cities and 6 supply wagons. In this game, manna is treated as energy, and units lose energy through battle and over time. A unit with no manna is severely weakened in attack power, and is rather ineffective in battle. A team without supply wagons or farms can buy new units, but cannot re-supply them and the units become slowly weaker. The nomadic team wins by destroying the cities, and the defenders win by eliminating the nomad's supply wagons.

Ok, that was a pretty dry speech, so, to the point; I want people to test my map and not only find glitches, but tell me about the strategies you used and anything interesting about how you played the game. feedback in balance issues is appreciated, and although drastic changes are unlikely to be implemented, tweaks are welcome!

Attachments

• BurningPlains3.w3x
    840.1 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.