• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Tower Defense] Warcraft Maul v2.51 overhaul...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
So~
Recently, I decided to introduce my maul to a bro of mine.
Some of you may have played it a few months or years back.
It's this one: Warcraft Maul NextGen 2.50v2

maps_15145_preview.jpg

Old Overview Thread

After we played the map a few times, I noticed there still are tons of bugs to fix and so I booted up good ol' World Editor again.

The following changes were applied to the map until now:
*Reactivated the ultimate towers and put their total damage cap to 1.000.000. Still, be careful about using them
*some bugs fixed (inventory, food use etc.)
*Diffcap set to 150% for Easy, 250% for Normal and 400% for Pro
*Buffed the auras on the field - they weren't doing shit before
*Added another tower to the Animal Race
*Added another secret
*You can now buy lives for 500 gold each.

Now, my process of overhauling isn't done yet and I'd love to have a kinda final version released with everything working fine.
I'm well aware that this will take me a long time and nobody may even care if I do and on top of that, I would have to redo 20+ spells into vjass.
Nonetheless, I'll be using this thread for the time being to ask you guys if there's anything you would want to see in that kinda final version (probably v3, then).

I'm open to pretty much anything but please ensure your suggestion improves the map's quality - be it either visually or concerning gameplay.
What I will definitely be doing is to add more towers to the Naga and the Spiders, the Tavern will get another upgrade and I'll change the terrain (again)along with other visual changes.

The stage is yours~

Level 28
Bump + New Overview (image-heavy)

2ylFG.png

Dive into a completely new generation of WarCraft Maul.
Over 230 Towers await your bidding to defeat the Forces of Darkness.
Unique towers included which spawn special attacks.
21 Races (10 Good and 10 Evil + 1 Hidden) can be chosen... which is yours?

Gameplay
  • 25 or 50 Levels:
    At the start, the host chooses the amount of stages to be played which is either one or two.
    3nFXM.jpg

• 3 Gamemodes:
    The host is able to choose from three Game modes. This sets the difficulty for the whole game. Available difficulties are Easy, Normal and PRO.
    fXbS1.jpg

• 230+ Towers:
    Combining the best and innovative towers of the existing Mauls plus adding new, unique races, such as the Elements and the GreenTD Race, WarCraftMaul spans a wide variety of towers.
    q32XV.jpg
    PXZVm.jpg
    1FnRw.jpg

• 21 Races:
    The whole diversity of WarCraft Maul NextGen is wrapped in 21 different races, each one holding it's own weaknesses/advantages.
    Even picking a random race is possible, and by chance, you may be lucky enough to play with the hidden race - 'Squiggy's Playground'.
    P3VdO.jpg
    BvVbv.jpg

• Interest System:
    The interest system is a simple addition to give you extra gold every 30 seconds - the amount depends on the chosen difficulty.
    aWNAt.jpg

• Secrets:
    This map offers various secrets to discover - find them, use them and have fun.

• Aura Fields:
    There are different auras around each new level (randomly spawned over the map) influencing the creeps and/or your towers' behaviour.
    As each aura has a certain effect, prepare to encounter challenging moments..
    VdX7w.jpg
    ibtn6.jpg

• Flexible CPP:
    CPP means Creeps-per-player. If a player leaves, his spot will be automatically deactivated to balance the ongoing of the game.

• Balancingsystem:
    The latest addition is the balancingsystem, bringing in new levels of dynamics to WarCraft Maul NextGen. The hitpoints of creeps will vary from less to greatly depending on the current lives and the skill of players and the chosen difficulty.

• Small size:
    Not relying too much on imported models, WCM/NG eats up less than 400kb space on your hard disk (lol) and can be downloaded/spread even faster than most maps out there.

The Informations

WarCraft Maul NextGen has a clearly designed menu for you to check the following:
  • Changelog - view the latest changes made to this map
  • Credits - check out who helped me bringing this map up
  • Commands - take a look at all available commands
  • Upcoming - Get the newest plans made for WCMNG
  • FAQ Part 1 and 2
  • Story

Just press F9 ingame or click on the 'Informations' Button

oHaOn.jpg

The Ingame

The map's HUD is clearly structured for maximum convenience.
Important events are shown in both a leaderboard and a multiboard, as well as timers giving away further information.

• Leaderboard
    The Leaderboard shows the amount of kills each player posesses.

• Multiboard
    The Multiboard is made to give a brief overview of the current state of the game. It displays:
    • The remaining gold
    • The time left to your next gain of interest
    • The amount of stages the host has chosen
    • The mode which was chosen plus right to it, the current difficulty

• Timers

• The three timers show the time left to the next event(s) which are:
    • Next Level
    • Doom's arrival
    • Repick

• Awesome spells
    Instead of being able to choose a second race at Level 15, you get to build one race-specific ultimate tower. Totally exaggerated special effects and huge damage make up for the lack of a secondary race.

Alternatively, each player may choose the (in-)famous Eye of the dead which buffs your towers with an insane Critical Strike Aura.

• Innovative Tooltips
    The clearly designed tooltip for each tower and each ability brings up a nice overview for each of the respective values, such as damage/second and abilities (if any).

The Progress
Warcraft Maul Next Gen has evolved from the original Wintermaul, created by DukeWintermaul.
By the time, it has changed into a completely different experience; making use of extensive triggering, benefiting from newly developed systems (such as an interest system) and diversity (like Minibosses), as well as now providing over 230 towers.
I always strive for improvements on the map and am open to suggestions, such as the (already embedded) SP mode.
This project is my first warcraft map.
I've spend countless hours on making it better in order to set a milestone stating 'The best maul ever made' - which will be released as Warcraft Maul NextGen v3.
The process of improving this map is exhausting, lengthy and complicated but I'm giving it (almost) my all.

~Squiggy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.