• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Tower Defense] Warcraft Maul 2.53? Or possible v3, even?

Would you like me to continue on my map?

• Please do

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Oh pls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
So... some people may or may not remember that one map I worked on a few years ago, called Warcraft Maul NextGen

It's currently stalled at v2.52 with possibly optimizations ready to be executed on it.

On a short note;
the map is a so-called mazing maul tower defense. You get to play from 1 to 9 players and have to defend the gold mine at the bottom of the map.
In order to do that, your main objective is to build towers which are able to attack the spawned creeps (one spawn per player) either in a labyrinth that may or may not make use of waypoints scattered over the map or a straight defense line.
The map offers 21 races (20 to choose from, one hidden, bonus random race) where each race has a certain playing style to it, requiring different approaches of slying creeps.
Warcraft Maul NextGen is playable in three difficulties with a somewhat okay balancing system which adds or decreases enemy hitpoints as you lose or do not lose lives.
If you're short on lives, you may buy them from your main base for 500 gold each.
As the map offers over 230 towers and includes famous races from formerly known maul maps (The Undead, Naga), it also introduces new races such as the Elements and towers from the famed Green TD.
If you're feeling lucky, try out the Animals and control your units, level your hero or dish out huge damage to enemies using one of the map's unique Ultimate Towers.
To get money from not only killing enemy units, WcMaul NG features an income system giving you bonus gold depending on the amount stored on your account.
In order to keep the map a little more challenging, it
a) has mini bosses appearing every ten minutes with increased HP and bonus gold
b) can be played in PRO Mode which requires at least two players to work together in order to get to level 50 and may take over two hours.
c) has a lot of effects lol
d) is equipped with varying aura key points spread over the map which buffs enemy units or may debuff your towers.
e) can be fine-tuned by setting the starting amount of gold left in the mine.
f) has a few secrets to it which you may be curious to explore

Can you believe the initial version release (v1.30) was six years ago?
The primary reason I registered here was the ability of a crit aura I wanted to add to the map - I finished embedding said aura correctly almost two years later.

2ylFG.png

The main question I'm opening this thread is:
Would you like to see a continued version, say a v2.53 including new twists and optionally available special effects on the enemy units (like a testosterone boost on random units, making them stronger or something) or maybe even a v3 including major bugfixes and improvements concerning the available ultimate towers (seeing how they still suck when it comes to stage 30 on VH)?
Or are you one of those who isn't interested?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.