• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Warcraft Maul NG in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Wassup people o/
You guys want me to work a few things on WCMNG or is my map dead by now?

lols9rjb6.png

I lost track whether mauls are still a thing, so just tell me if it's redundant effort.
However, if it turns out there's a (small) demand for it, I may add the remaining features I had in mind, do some bugfixing (I remember Animal race can block) and add a little more variance.
In that case I might require some help but eeeh the map is all GUI which is just clicking stuff and lame, basic maths so I should be fine for a while.

If you want to know how this map came to be, see the Complete Changelog.

Last edited:
Level 7
Mauls are certainly still played quite a bit, although ive only played WCMNG a few times so i cant really comment on the map itself.

As one of the developers of Warcraft Maul Reimagined id love to see someone elses version be in active development again as i do enjoy playing different varients of maps ive made or worked on.

Althought if you decide to not work on your own version of WC Maul our version is publicly open to contributions via Github, although most things arnt currently developed within WorldEdit itself, if you still feel like working on something Maul related.

Level 28
Can I just publish it with v1.26.0? It doesn't require a newer version, however bnet might..?
What I've been meaning to implement is:
-Remove the town hall in blue's spot lol
-Remove the campfire secret audio clip and if approached by "w00t w00t Penguin", make his skills actually useful
-Buff up the "Orb of Elements" by 5%
-Make the "Book of Secrets" give 50 Gold instead of 10 and have it display hints to the other secrets.
-Give the "useless elemental orbs" abilites that are not toally unuseful
Generally the secrets aren't very thoughtfully implemented and don't add much to the game (unless you can teach the w00t w00t Penguin the ability "Daaaaaaaaaamn!" which is way too OP), so I guess I'll refine them a bit more. The Grenade is also a joke right now.​
-Align aura bonusses to the game balancing system
-Make the Squiggy's Playground race available to everyone, thus splitting the race worker into three forms - before you had an 18% chance for it to be chosen when playing random, or a Dialog to choose it if your name is Squiggy
-Add a new miniboss that can spawn randomly between 8 and 24 minutes without warning which has better stats than Doom and Resurrection
-Convert the leaderboard into a multiboard for the kill stats
-I also kind of want to make moving units to be able of turning towards enemy units (like in TribeTD) but I need to see if that works with very high attack speeds that some towers have
-Redo all Ultimate Towers... maybe? Maybe not?
The triggering is a total (but 95% leakfree) mess; let alone "Rising Hell" has three triggers and 15 variables of which 6 are arrays... and I don't like putting arrays into arrays
yodawguzj6c.png

These "ultimate spells" trainwrecks were being created progressively, means I created variables whenever needed but I've read that putting literally everything (reals, integers etc) into variables at the beginning of a spell is somehow better for editing purposes but I don't really plan on doing that?
I've probably run a hundred tests on each of them before they actually worked in a multiplayer game.
The remaining problem is the excessive usage of Wait Timers which can cause them to interfere with each other if e.g. within a loop because I only have Integers A, B and C - and lead to visual bugs and (small) memory leaks.
I tried myself with a rewrite that aimed to reduce these interferences using Player Number of Triggering Player and Indexes but it was tedious as hell and didn't work at all.​
-Add another race, Nature, that will feature a set of towers that all behave like heroes and can level up
-And I want to add cutscenes at certain events featuring a very sarcastic, angry Lich King.

Edit: I got a small fix called v2.62 out. Removes the High Elf Barracks from blue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.