• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Lol please rephrase it in a way i can understand.

Edit: Okay. For Kanadaj, take either the Azure Dragon,

Primary Attribute: Strength
Map Theme: Warcraft
Map Kind: AoS
Number of Spells: 4
Number of Normal Spells 3
Number of Ultimates: 1
Restrictions: Frost and shatter style. Uses the blue dragon model. Very durable in teamfights and works best as a semi-carry or an anti-carry hero.

or Gambit / Bounty Hunter / Rogue Assassin / whatever you can think of.

Primary Attribute: Agility
Restrictions: Very lethal. Uses the bandit model (spear throwing one). Plays as a ganker who specializes in a hit, insta-kill, run, and repeat. Obviously a single target hero.

For DJ and Paillan, i'll let you know later. DJ's should be a pandaren brewmaster since he's drunken.

Last edited:
Level 8
Hero Model: Blackpyro Tyrant
Restrictions: His primary role is being a disabler during team fights. Having an AoE ultimate. An excessive talent in isolating and keeping enemies from escaping. His abilities should also be fire-related. He should also have a passive skill.

Level 19
Well since Phasing DJ is phasing, I will take the last request. Why the last? I am not the best for mele stuff. Also it's only one hero.

Chemash, the burning golem - STR
Abilities:

icons_5938_pas.jpg

Moltan fury - No Target
Passive. After casting a spell and sucessfully hitting the target of that spell before X sec pass, Chemash will deal bonus damage and throw target towards isolation's minimal range. Target will be stuned.
Range: -
Cooldown: - seconds
Notes: As every STR hero and mele, this forces you to be close of your targets. Don't set isolation range to a to great distance or else this may mean an escape for the target. Scales bonus damage

icons_598_btn.jpg

Words in fire - Unit Target
Disables all casts of target unit for X sec. If unit is isolated, it get's slowed by X% for Y sec and can't cast spell for double duration.
Range: 700
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Notes: This spell may need more cooldown, and less range, you decice. Scales silences duration and slow effect.

icons_1906_btn.jpg

Burning equipment - Unit Target
Deals X damage to a unit, damage depends on the number of items that unit has, disables all active items for X sec. If target is isolated I will get Y DoT for Z sec and be slowed by X% for Y sec, also it will loose X% of the bonuses of each item.
Cooldown: 50 seconds
Notes: VERY strong. This is made to remove the great problem that feed enemies mean to your team. Scales main damage and duration

icons_15872_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Fire line - No Target
Hero makes fire descend from sky, and make it move towards hero's facing. The fire will move limitless until it hits a unit or a border. If it hit's a unit, it will deal X AoE damage around it and to it, in an Y area. Units in that area will be slowed if they are isolated, and will Stun them to. Slow is limitless (until caster dies) and stun lasts X sec. The fire also leaves the trail where it traveled in fire, any unit that enters it will get dealed X damage per sec.
Cooldown: 400 seconds
Notes: Deadly and with far to many uses. Let me explain. Summons a fire force that will move towards hero's facing, meaning that changing facing changes direction. Trail where it travels will be left in fire, so not to much people will try walking over it. It has limitless distance to, so you can make it spin the whole map if you can. Scales damage and mana cost because still OP
Uses: (I add this for fun) making a wall of fire, a huge area covered in so much fire that enemies will be forced to take another way. Perma slow is the most op thing too, so use it wisely, best remove it from spell xD

Level 8
Well since Phasing DJ is phasing, I will take the last request. Why the last? I am not the best for mele stuff. Also it's only one hero.

Chemash, the burning golem - STR
Abilities:

icons_5938_pas.jpg

Moltan fury - No Target
Passive. After casting a spell and sucessfully hitting the target of that spell before X sec pass, Chemash will deal bonus damage and throw target towards isolation's minimal range. Target will be stuned.
Notes: As every STR hero and mele, this forces you to be close of your targets. Don't set isolation range to a to great distance or else this may mean an escape for the target. Scales bonus damage

icons_598_btn.jpg

Words in fire - Unit Target
Disables all casts of target unit for X sec. If unit is isolated, it get's slowed by X% for Y sec and can't cast spell for double duration.
Notes: This spell may need more cooldown, and less range, you decice. Scales silences duration and slow effect.

icons_1906_btn.jpg

Burning equipment - Unit Target
Deals X damage to a unit, damage depends on the number of items that unit has, disables all active items for X sec. If target is isolated I will get Y DoT for Z sec and be slowed by X% for Y sec, also it will loose X% of the bonuses of each item.
Cooldown: 50 seconds
Notes: VERY strong. This is made to remove the great problem that feed enemies mean to your team. Scales main damage and duration

icons_15872_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Fire line - No Target
Hero makes fire descend from sky, and make it move towards hero's facing. The fire will move limitless until it hits a unit or a border. If it hit's a unit, it will deal X AoE damage around it and to it, in an Y area. Units in that area will be slowed if they are isolated, and will Stun them to. Slow is limitless (until caster dies) and stun lasts X sec. The fire also leaves the trail where it traveled in fire, any unit that enters it will get dealed X damage per sec.
Notes: Deadly and with far to many uses. Let me explain. Summons a fire force that will move towards hero's facing, meaning that changing facing changes direction. Trail where it travels will be left in fire, so not to much people will try walking over it. It has limitless distance to, so you can make it spin the whole map if you can. Scales damage and mana cost because still OP
Uses: (I add this for fun) making a wall of fire, a huge area covered in so much fire that enemies will be forced to take another way. Perma slow is the most op thing too, so use it wisely, best remove it from spell xD

It looks better than I expected. But I think you put the isolation thing way too high. Anyway thanks for this great hero idea.

Level 10
Nope haha

Restrictions: Uses this model(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...760/?prev=search=nerubian%20queen&d=list&r=20). A solo mid and ganker. Her spells must use her custom animations she have but not too advanced / hard to code. She is also a mom, therefore her spells must include eggs hatching and stuff.

Last edited:
Level 19
Course you two...

Niwish, the spider breeder - AGI
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Lay Egg - No Target
Lays an egg at hero's position. Egg will count as a spell effect, and therefore applying any effect any item may add to spells to unit's in the place where egg is laid.
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: No it has no duration and no limit. First effect means that if and item adds slow to spells, egg will slow unit's when casted. Scales eggs life points.

icons_512_btn.jpg

Spider leap - Unit Target
Can target enemy or egg. Hero leaps and falls over target. If it leaps over an egg, egg hatches into a fast spider, and resets cooldown of this spell. Hero will leap with all her hatchlings.
Range: 800
Cooldown: 55 seconds
Notes: Scales range and mana cost

icons_2434_btn.jpg

Web - Area Target
Shoots a web to target area. Enemies there will be stunned for 1.5 sec and eggs will hatch into poisonus spider, which deal poison damage and slows, it will reset this spell's cooldown. If hero is inside target area it will get a shield that absorbs X damage.
Range: 600
Cooldown: 55 seconds
Notes: Scales stun and mana cost

icons_6172_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Electro parasite - Unit Target
Hero channels her electric-kinetic powers on target unit. It deals X main damage and Y damage per second after for Z sec. If target dies an electric spider will hatch of his body, electric spider attacks with chain lightning.
Notes: Uses Spell animation. Scales main damage and secondary damage
She is more of a... INT hero... I guess... so make her fast...
You can go as mother and hatch just eggs, and get a small army, so spiderlings must have ridiculous damage and life point. The ways to play are ganking alone or with spiders. If you gank alone you will use your eggs to block the enemy from escaping as a path blocker (eggs have more life than spiderling LOL) and them hatch them into new spiderlings. Also always remember that you reset cooldowns when you cast your stun and eggs are in the area, so you can get double stun there.

Last edited:
Level 10
Owh very nice Paillan i like it. Btw, you won't mind taking one more request right?

This time it's a different map.

Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Map Kind: Altered Melee & Dungeons & Bossfight
Restrictions: Remember those bosses you made before? I need a hero who is going to participate in 3 types of scenario. An altered melee where armies fight armies, a dungeon style where 5 heroes enter the dungeons alone and boss fights where you created them before. So please make it fit into these 3 scenarios well. Uses the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/engineer-192387/?prev=search=engineer&d=list&r=20model. Representing the dwarves race (More info on them here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?id=btqj7e) Their playstyle is much like humans (Their sturdy constructs and enhanced defences allow their units to win any war of attrition). Go crazy with this but make sure he is possible to code. Oh don't do it now if you can't. I won't be making this in the next fortnight. Btw i think i rep ya already.

Level 19
O god... (who ever that is) I felt bad for bunny and decided to make this one request after all... but dude rly 3 map theme's? isn't that... sadistic?

Durintar, dwarf engineer - INT
Abilities:

icons_13002_btn.jpg

Electric disarge - Unit Target
Hero discharges his repearing tool, shocking a light electric wave towards target. Deals X damage and casts a small lightning nova around target in an X area, units receive Y damage. While discharged (this spell cooldown) Hero can't repair turrets.
Range: 1500
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: The turret thing is to compensate ridiculous huge range.

icons_2230_btn.jpg

Turret - No Target
Hero creates a turret in front of him. It has X life, deals Y damage per second and lasts Z sec. While hero is near turret get's repaired for X% of it's maximal life per second.
Notes: This is the repearing that get's removed. Typical sentry

icons_8361_btn.jpg

Spear mastery - No Target
Passive. Deals X damage to target of attack equal to Y% of all damage done by turrets to that target before X seconds pass. While this passive is on cooldown, turret's deal double damage.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Notes: So much DAMAGE. Stacked turret damage apears as number over those units. Make this icon a passive.

icons_12556_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Calculation - Area Target
Hero creates a huge artillery turret, mixing all his current turrets. Then, player must calculate angle degre wind effect and other mathematical stuff. Artillery will throw a big missile and it will fall depending on calculation. Deals HUGE damage in a medium area.
Range: infinite
Notes: Now maths for the win. HARD CODING, KEEP AWAY. couldn't find better icon. Totally deadly against most stuff.

Level 5
Number of Heroes: 3
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Agility Primary Attribute: 1
Map Kind: Altered Melee
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 4
Number of Ultimates Per Hero: 1
Restrictions: They're All 100% Human, Not Dwarf or Elf, One Of Them is Fire Mage (Int) and the other is Knight (Strength), The Third One (Agliity) is undecided, so i just want him agility hero

Level 19
Right... sorry for delay... I was waiting for someone else to take this request, but since it seems like I am the only one alive... I'll take it.

Minithas, The fired - INT
Abilities:

icons_11611_pas.jpg

Dragon head - No Target
Passive. Each X attacks, next attack will throw a dragon like shaped missile, which will deal Y% of hero INT as damage and apply burn status over target, burn status lasts X sec. If target has burnt status, it will receive 3 times more damage.
Notes: I got this idea of a hero that uses only passives. enjoy

icons_595_disbtn.jpg

Ring of fire - No Target
Passive. Each X casted spells, hero will release a ring of fire from him, that travels X meters and deals X damage on area. Applies burnt status. Burned units get double damage.
Range: You choose
Notes: Yes, this checks for the amount of casted passive, I am in a bad mood and you where in the bad place

icons_13712_pas.jpg

Burning pain - No Target
Passive. Increases the damage from spells in a exponential scale, the scale goes from 1 to 10, and the scaling damage disappears if hero doesn't casts a spell in X sec. Increases attack speed logarithmic.
Notes: Explanations: an example of an exponential scale is the scale used in earthquakes, richter, in which 2 is much greater than 1 than it seems as a number. Logarithmic means that the attack speed is the logarithm of the current value of the exponential scale, so max 10, which means the attack speed scaling is almost none.

icons_16941_disbtn.jpg

Fire storm - No Target
Passive. Each attack has a X% chance to do Y% area damage and break the ground, releasing burnt stones that land on random places. Burnt stones deal X damage and units in initial area and places where stone land get slowed by Z% for X sec. Applies burn. Burt units damaged by first or second effect force the chance of this spell to be hundred on next attack.
Notes: This is crazy, I know.

icons_15692_pas.jpg

Ultimate:
Fire strike - No Target
Passive. When killing a burnt enemy, there is a X% chance that hero casts a huge pillar of fire from sky, dealing X damage per second. The spell moves towards units that are attacked by hero. Lasts X sec, burns enemies. Burt enemies killed will increase the duration of this spell.
Notes: Best... Ulti... ever...

Hero Name - Attribute
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Spell Name - Type of Target
Description
Range: #
Cooldown: # seconds
Notes: Notes come here about the ability if required, else remove it!

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Description

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Description

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Description

Hero Name - Attribute
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Description

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Description

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Description

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Description

I will leave this here for a while...
Why so much passives? because it's a mele and I never liked to have to click so much in mele's.

Level 5
well , i don't want a hero with all these passive moves , but since i'm making too many heroes in my map , i may use these spells in other heroes , thanks :)

EDIT : this thread is dead , anyways thanks for help Paillan , i really appreciate your help

EDIT 2 : okay i merged both , and i want 4 normal moves (2 at least 2 Active) and 1 ultimate active and no i'm not in rush, take your time anyways

Last edited:
Level 19
first, you don't double post.
Second, you didn't said anything apart from the "only human" restriction, so I could make everything
Third, if you are in rush I can end the other two (without so many passives I guess...) but you tell.
Fourth, yes it seems I am the only one alive D:

Level 10
Here's a little something to punish DJ for being dead...hehe..

Map Kind: Altered Melee + Dungeon {with bosses (very OP bosses)}
Restrictions: Remember those bosses Paillan made before? I need a hero who is going to participate in 2 of these scenarios. An altered melee where armies fight armies, a dungeon style where 5 heroes enter the dungeons alone to face waves of monsters and boss fights which you created before where they battle it all out with their lives to claim exalted treasures. So please make it fit into these scenarios well. He is the Elder One representing the Tauren race. Uses the default Tauren Chieften model. You can set the name and/or use a custom skin if you feel he needs toning up. I'm free with his role as im completely dead with ideas on this guy. One restriction though: He needs to fit well with his Tauren race which im not sure if Footman16 is gonna make. So if he don't, go ahead and assume the taurens are more on tanking and lacks mana, also more on resurrection magic and earthly magic. Each tauren can take care of themselves when wandering alone so they are hard to kill even alone (except the workers maybe).

Level 1
Map Kind: Campaign, RTS like Warcraft
Number of Normal Spells: 3
Restrictions: Spells should be as unique and original as possible please. The character's name is Baradin Lightbringer, and he is a Paladin, so any Paladin spells would be helpful. Magic in this world isn't freely used, so try to blend holy magic with melee attacks (he wields a large hammer). Baradin is not as devoted to the light as many other Paladins because his holy power was gained rather then earned.

Level 8
Updated

Map Theme: Warcraft Style
Map Kind: Aos
Restrictions: Its a Dragoon. (A high elf swordsman with fiery powers) It's made for players who wants to deal damage to their enemies at anytime that they can. He is a Carry.

I also want a lore

Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: Not a custom model: units\human\TheCaptain\TheCaptain
Atrribute: Agility
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Its a dragoon swordsman.
Little Lore: He killed a dragon and took its essence.
Map Theme: Warcraft Style (Ex.: Space, Warcraft, etc.)
Map Kind: Aos (Ex.: RPG, AoS)
Restrictions: Well, make it fit the hero I requested above.

Level 19
O god so MUCH request really?

First, Bunny, go to hell, you can wait there. You had your moment, but you have made way to much request to be responded immediately. Your request will be answered last, I am sorry but so it's how it is.

Second, deathknight2000, I need to know if you are going to want those other hero's or not. If you don't answer me this before Sunday, I will assume you don't.

Third, hiphop, don't spam the thread just because you are a child. When I joined the forums I was 13, pretty much a kid, and I know I wasn't such a spammer. Your request will be answered second if deathknight2000 wants his, if not you will be answered first, but you will have to wait until Sunday, maximal for your luck.

Level 14
When you click on the edit button of an post you have an option for deleting it so you can remove double posts(it is forbidden to do two adjacent posts at less than 48 hour of interval on the same thread(adjacent means there is no post from other users between))offtopic:(also look on your user page I posted you an beta generator also if you have unread posts on your user page at the top of your screen there will be something looking like that and for you there will probably also written that you have unread messages
Welcome, hiphop4eva.
You last visited: Tomorrow at 12:81 ZM
Private Messages: Unread -4, Total 0.)

Level 9
Hey guys, again, .........
Primary Atrribute: Strengh
Map theme: Warcraft
Map kind: Arena
Number of normal spells: 4 (3 normal and 1 passive)
Restrictions:
1) Ranged Hero.
2) Its a tank, a Siege Engine.
3) Something unique in the ulti.
P.S: I dont need it so soon so take as long as you could, no pressures!

Level 19
So I make hiphop (lol sounds funny)

Lithuar, Dragoon - AGI
Abilities:

icons_11611_btn.jpg
Dragon tongue - No Target Hero becomes a ranged attacker, his attacks deal damage in line, first targe receives 100% attack damage and the others behind it receive less. Last X sexRange: 1000 Cooldown: 40 seconds Notes: Since you said a carry, this is the best idea I had

icons_13916_btn.jpg
Aegis of fire - No Target Next basic attack deals 150% of attack damage and slows target by Y% for Z sec. Hero gets a shield tgat protects from 10% od damage dealt last X sec. Range: - Cooldown: 60 seconds Notes: Classy Finisher. Chaser or escape.

icons_10018_btn.jpg
Fire fly - Point Target Hero uses fire to jump. Jumps an X distance and gives Y% attack speed for Z sec when landing
Range: 1300 Cooldown: 130 seconds Notes: Chaser or escaper, usefull

icons_11339_btn.jpg
Ultimate: Dragon escense - No Target Hero releases all his power, turning on fire and therefore dealing X damage per second to near enemies. Hero gets extra X attack damage, Y armor and had magic resistance. Lasts Z seconds.Range: - Cooldown: 300 seconds Notes: with this the hero can be off-tank I guess

Icons when I am in a PC...

Last edited:
Level 19
So, Bunny, here ya go:

BTNHeroTaurenChieftain.png

The Elder One - STR
Abilities:

BTNReincarnation.png

Ancestral Roar - Unit Target
The spirit of an ancestral Tauren is summoned inside the target allied unit, making the spirit of the Tauren erupt and deal damage to all nearby units after a 1 second delay, as well as slowing them.
Cooldown: Very Low-Low
Notes: Scales damage and reduces cooldown per level. Can target self.

BTNDeathPact.png

Pact - No Target
The Elder One makes a pact the help of his fallen Tauren brothers for a spike of power, giving an increased attack damage and true damage for the next attack. The next attack would also stun the attacked unit for a second. Lasts for a short duration.
Range: 0
Cooldown: Low
Notes: Scales damage dealt at the next attack.

BTNSpiritLink.png

Life Link - Unit Target
A link between the Elder One and the target allied unit is made, making them have increase health regeneration for a short duration. When the distance between the two units is greater than 900, the link is broken.

After casting the ability, there is a 5 second gap to recast the spell and make a link with another unit.
Cooldown: Medium-Low
Notes: Scales increased health regeneration and reduces cooldown per level. If any of the linked unit dies or exceeds the distance, all link(s) are broken.

BTNAncestralSpirit.png

Ultimate:
Ancient Calling - No Target
The spirits of fallen Taurens are called to assist the allies of the Elder One. For every unit within a distance of the Elder One, a Tauren spirit assists them. The spirit attacks the same unit the affected unit attacks and follows them for a short duration.
Range: 0
Cooldown: High
Notes: Scales area of effect radius (which is quite small) and Tauren spirit strength. The spirit cannot be attacked or selected but only follows the unit it is "assigned" to and attacks any unit they attack. If the affected unit dies, its Tauren dies as well.

He performs a sort of offensive tank/support role, mainly offensive support with some damage dealing spells. The hero is best at dealing small focused groups rather than large ones.

The main strategy for this hero is to group him with capable units and attack as a group. Life Link to sustain, Pact to isolate targets, Ancestral Roar for an area damage, and Ancient Calling to place things in your favor.

I cannot believe that I only used Blizzard icons here.

Level 1
i have one req

Primary attribute:Str
Map theme;A custom campaign of mine that you guys eont know
Map kind;Campaign
number of normal spells;3 (2 normal 1passive)
Num of utl;1 only
restrictions;

1;Hes minotaur
2;Strong
3;lets se err' effective and--- ill temepred

I have a hero request:

Map Theme: Fantasy/Nordic
Map Kind: SPRPG
Number of Spells: 8
Number of Normal Spells: 7
Restrictions:
The hero's using this skin http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/runicsniper-blp-254881/ and is a marksman/archer.
The 8 abils must have 4 actives, 2 on-off/autocasts and 2 passives.
The ultimate should be an active abil.

Thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.