• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Not so New] Hive's Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is for an alternate melee where i add in a new race, the Ironforge dwarves.
For the mountain king, i would like one that specialize in tanking and supporting troops.
For flavor, he is a fearless leader who wades in battle among his fellow dwarves, inspiring them with his tenacity , but is not afraid to go against
strong foes.
Dunno what you can come out with this but i think this could serve as a base?
Also i would like it that his skills synergies with one another.
Like one skill would support the other.

A great example would be the goblin tinker.
His ultimate actually improves his other skills.
Well i dont wanna mine to be limited to just the ultimate but maybe the different skills could help each other?
Actually, the Goblin Tinker's Ultimate is Robo-Goblin. The ability your thinking of is his 3-lvl passive, Engineering Upgrade (gives better MS, and boosts all his other abilities).

Furthermore, while I personally love the Tinker generally & Engineering Upgrade specifically, I must point out that the sort of 'synergy' you describe (which I'd really label a "combo") is pretty rare in standard Wc3 heroes.

~

Personally (since I'm doing nearly the identical thing to you (Dwarven race -> Mountain King-esque custom hero)), I have taken the Mountain King concept & sort of diversified it away from "big meaty brawler//hero-assassin" into more of a real "Mountain King", a "Thane" if you will. So he's got lots of supportive, defensive stuff (similar to Paladin but more combat-oriented I believe).

Good luck, man!

Level 3
Nice! I wanna synergy as i feel most warcraft 3 melee heroes have no depth.

There isn't the fun factor there.
It isnt flavorful enough.

I wanna add character to the heroes.
I know melee isnt aos, but surely synergy could still be done in a balanced way.

Status
Not open for further replies.