• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for a my RPG map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am gonna make an RPG map but i need ideas

Ideas i need:

1. Item Name
  2. Item Description
  3. Item Stats
  4. Components (if the item got more than 1 type of stat its a recipe item)
  5. Item Type (chest, weapon, offhand, Misc (helms, masks, boots, amulets, belts etc)
  6. Item Cost

1. Quest Name
  2. Quest Description
  3. Quest Reward

And maybe some spells if you care for that but then i would need help with trigger or files

If i use the idea i will give credits

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

icons_9314_btn.jpg
Magical mushrooms
The alchemist have heard rumors about a magical mushroom in the <location here> bring him 3 to study.
-collect 3 magical mushrooms

icons_645_btn.jpg
Special pickaxe
the blacksmith have forged a special axe to mine <ore name here> but he is not brave enough to enter the dark mountains to test it himself.
-test the new pickaxe on 5 ores

icons_9584_btn.jpg
holy water
The taurens want you to fil a vial of water from their holy fountain wich is in the <north/west/south/east> region of their land
-fill the vial with holy water
-return to the camp

icons_13751_btn.jpg
'da voodoo
The trolls have got a new shaman in their tribe and have started to use voodoo in their battles again, this must be stoped.
-kill the new shaman

icons_14290_btn.jpg
Kaboom!
The kobolds have disturbed the goblins in their work in the dig sites, plant a box of "bombies" in the kobolds main cave.
-find the kobold cave
-plant the dynamite

icons_10733_btn.jpg
Odd footprints
One of the rangers have tracked a odd animal, it seems to be something with magic since the beasts footprints glow green. find and kill this mystic beast.
-kill the mystic beast

Level 3

icons_9314_btn.jpg
Magical mushrooms
The alchemist have heard rumors about a magical mushroom in the <location here> bring him 3 to study.
-collect 3 magical mushrooms

icons_645_btn.jpg
Special pickaxe
the blacksmith have forged a special axe to mine <ore name here> but he is not brave enough to enter the dark mountains to test it himself.
-test the new pickaxe on 5 ores

icons_9584_btn.jpg
holy water
The taurens want you to fil a vial of water from their holy fountain wich is in the <north/west/south/east> region of their land
-fill the vial with holy water
-return to the camp

icons_13751_btn.jpg
'da voodoo
The trolls have got a new shaman in their tribe and have started to use voodoo in their battles again, this must be stoped.
-kill the new shaman

icons_14290_btn.jpg
Kaboom!
The kobolds have disturbed the goblins in their work in the dig sites, plant a box of "bombies" in the kobolds main cave.
-find the kobold cave
-plant the dynamite

icons_10733_btn.jpg
Odd footprints
One of the rangers have tracked a odd animal, it seems to be something with magic since the beasts footprints glow green. find and kill this mystic beast.
-kill the mystic beast

Thanks for a piece or your mind :3

I have an qeust idea but it's not as fancy as Chaosy's.

Quest name: The heratige sword
Description: Arindar Lost his family heirloom a sword. It was his great, great granfather's sword and the family will be delighted to have it seen returned.
-You must find it and bring it back to Arindar

Thanks... you even made a name for the quest giver :3

Items:

Sylvan Staff
Description: Staffs of various sylvan mages.
Stats: +3 damage bonus, +4 inteligence, +4 agility
Type: Weapon
Cost: 550

Amulet of Life
Description: Magical amulet that gives life power to it's carrier.
Stats: +100 health bonus, +20% health regeneration bonus
Type: Misc
Cost: 475

Level 8

icons_15466_btn.jpg

Name(s):
  • Mourning Star (Pun intended)
  • Death Star (Pun intended (allusion))
  • Screaming Star
  • Gnoll Morning Star
  • Final Judgment
Description 1: Used by only the strongest of the Gnoll tribes as it is almost impossible to pick up.
Description 2: Blurs out the scream of its victims by the horrible shrieking the star makes with each swing.
Stats: Grants the user 15 damage, +2 str
Type: Weapon, Quest Item
Cost: 700

icons_15446_btn.jpg

Name(s): Staff of the Crescent Moon
Description: Used by only the high priestess of the Night Elf race to invoke the advise of the moon.
Stats: +15 int
Cost: 1200

icons_15548_btn.jpg

Name(s):
  • Dragon Scepter
  • Dragon's Breath
  • Aludan's Staff
Description 1: It is said that whoever holds this staff can communicate with the dragons and will be bound to it forever until the holder is possessed and transformed into a dragon himself.
Description 2: This is the great sorcerer Aludan's staff. You feel a warm glow go down your body as you hold it firmly.
Stats: 5 damage, +30 int
Cost: 2000

icons_15505_btn.jpg

Name(s):
  • Crystal Necklace of Vigor
  • Crystal Necklace of the Astute
  • Crystal Necklace of Wisdom
Description: These sort of necklaces are crafted from the finest crystals and touched by the greatest enchanters.
Stats: +5 str OR +5 agi OR +5 int
Type: Misc, Quest Item
Cost: 500

icons_15600_btn.jpg

Quest Name: Fired Staff
Quest Description: Luna is a priestess in training. The high priestess had trusted Luna to bring the Staff of the Crescent Moon for the upcoming ceremony, but she's lost it! She'll surely be fired if she can't find it back.
Quest Objective: Find the Staff of the Crescent Moon for Luna and bring it back to her.

icons_15491_btn.jpg

Quest Name: The Dragon Caves
Quest Description: Aludan has asked you to steal a staff from the Dragon Caves only known in myths as "The Dragon's Breath".
Quest Objectives: Find the Dragon Caves and explore the area. If you find the scepter, return with it to Aludan.

icons_15091_btn.jpg

Quest Name: Aludan's Wrath
Quest Description: After helping Aludan retrieving the staff from the Dragon Caves, you handed it to him. Leaving it with him might not have been the best of ideas, because Aludan has turned into a rampaging dragon!
Quest Objective: Slay Aludan.

icons_15009_btn.jpg

Quest Name: Crystal Clear
Quest Description: Enadir has asked you to collect some materials for him so he can make you one of three crystal necklaces:
Quest Objective: Collect some crystals and one of three (str/agi/int) enchanting books.

Level 3

icons_15466_btn.jpg

Name(s):
  • Mourning Star (Pun intended)
  • Death Star (Pun intended (allusion))
  • Screaming Star
  • Gnoll Morning Star
  • Final Judgment
Description 1: Used by only the strongest of the Gnoll tribes as it is almost impossible to pick up.
Description 2: Blurs out the scream of its victims by the horrible shrieking the star makes with each swing.
Stats: Grants the user 15 damage, +2 str
Cost: 700

icons_15446_btn.jpg

Name(s): Staff of the Crescent Moon
Description: Used by only the high priestess of the Night Elf race to invoke the advise of the moon.
Stats: +15 int
Cost: 1200

icons_15548_btn.jpg

Name(s):
  • Dragon Scepter
  • Dragon's Breath
  • Aludan's Staff
Description 1: It is said that whoever holds this staff can communicate with the dragons and will be bound to it forever until the holder is possessed and transformed into a dragon himself.
Description 2: This is the great sorcerer Aludan's staff. You feel a warm glow go down your body as you hold it firmly.
Stats: 5 damage, +30 int
Cost: 2000

icons_15505_btn.jpg

Name(s):
Description: These sort of necklaces are crafted from the finest crystals and touched by the greatest enchanters.
Stats: +5 str OR +5 agi OR +5 int
Type: Misc, Quest Item

icons_15600_btn.jpg

Quest Name: Fired Staff
Quest Description: Luna is a priestess in training. The high priestess had trusted Luna to bring the Staff of the Crescent Moon for the upcoming ceremony, but she's lost it! She'll surely be fired if she can't find it back.
Quest Objective: Find the Staff of the Crescent Moon for Luna and bring it back to her.

icons_15491_btn.jpg

Quest Name: The Dragon Caves
Quest Description: Aludan has asked you to steal a staff from the Dragon Caves only known in myths as "The Dragon's Breath".
Quest Objectives: Find the Dragon Caves and explore the area. If you find the scepter, return with it to Aludan.

icons_15091_btn.jpg

Quest Name: Aludan's Wrath
Quest Description: After helping Aludan retrieving the staff from the Dragon Caves, you handed it to him. Leaving it with him might not have been the best of ideas, because Aludan has turned into a rampaging dragon!
Quest Objective: Slay Aludan.

icons_15009_btn.jpg

Quest Name: Crystal Clear
Quest Description: Enadir has asked you to collect some materials for him so he can make you one of three crystal necklaces:
Quest Objective: Collect some crystals and one of three (str/agi/int) enchanting books.

Ty for your ideas.. ill add you in the credits when i begin with the credits :p

Items:

War Sling
Description: Resistent sling made from the best wood.
Stats: +15% chance to bash, hero able to attack air units
Cost: 325

Lunar Belt
Description: Magical belt with a moon symbol on it.
Stats: +3 armor bonus, +50% mp\hp regeneration when is night
Type: Belt
Cost: 600

Moon Scythe
Description: Moon-blessed scythe.
Stats: +10 damage, 20% chance to critical strike, +100 mana bonus
Cost: 1475

Dragon Staff
Description: Flamed, dangerous and powerful staff.
Stats: +8 damage bonus, 15% chance to burn enemies
Cost: 900

Hunter's Armor
Description: Fur-made armor for hunters.
Stats: +4 armor bonus, +3 agility
Type: Armor
Cost: 350

Blessed Cross
Description: Blessed cross with holy power.
Stats: increases hp regeneration by 35%, 20% chance to deal 150 more damage to undead\demon units
Type: Accesorry

Quests:

Quest Name: The Magic Hourglass
Quest Description: Deon, the Chronomancer needs the magic hourglass which he has lost it to travel in time. He asked you to find it, and he told you that he lost it in the ''Fiery Caverns''. Deon promised you a reward aswell, if you find the magic hourglass and bring it to him.
Quest Objective:
-Travel at the ''Fiery Caverns'' and find the magic hourglass
-Return to Deon, the Chronomancer

Quest Name: Bananas for Grunno
Quest Description: Grunno the Gorrila promised you that he'll don't eat you if you bring him 20 bananas in 5 minutes.
Quest Objective:
-Collect 20 bananas in 5 minutes
-Return to Grunno the Gorrilla

Last edited:
Level 3
to get it up :p want more ideas... i bumped my other threads too... oh btw.. Thanks for the ideas... im working a little on the map but i need more ppl

Items:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnbanana-120892/?prev=t=17&r=20&d=list&page=71

Surprise Box
Description: Contains a special secret item!
Stats: Gives a special item to hero when used
Cost: Non-purchasable

Silver Key
Description: This key opens the most of the doors\chests.
Stats: 35% chance to open doors\chests

Golden Key
Description: This key opens all the doors\chests.
Stats: 75% chance to open doors\chests

Level 6
Name: Old Cheese
Description: Stored in an ancient tomb for a thousand years. One of the most feared items, due to it's horrifying smell.
Stats: 1+ Strength, has a chance to paralyze enemies when taking damage, stunning them for a brief second.
Cost: None, just take it, please!

Level 3
Well, maybe this is not what you want, but all I want for a RPG map, is complex but not complicated gameplay, a nice terrain atmosphere and a catchy story.

we are working on that... we just need someone to terrain and probably a GUI triggerer :p.. but this is more fit for my main thread right here
well... it doesnt really fit there but thats where it is more fitted atm

I just watched your profile (just for fun xD) and i saw you have done some maps... care help us terraining?

Level 28
[TD]
220657-albums5755-picture60489.png
[/TD]

[TD]Description:[/TD]
[TD]
Lapsis Angelus

A Scythe of the fallen half angel half demon Elzemone, when he was young,
he just look like an ordinary angel but as he grow stronger he develop the
Horn of the Demon getting himself exiled from the Land of God, it is said that he
helped the humans as the demons conquer the earth, he died after he
confront the Demon Aion at the Tower of Eternity.

Stats:
Adds
13 Str
7 Agi
Rage Active

Rage:
When used, the user will be grant +6 attack damage 8% life steal, 7% attack speed 13% evasion

Level 12
What is your idea?
lol, didn't notice this :grin:
the idea is, there will be a "waygate" and a character that will handle those waygate. I can call this one Trials... the Trials may consist of several type of map which is somewhere in the map and can only be reached by the waygates, here are some examples of Trials; Strength: the hero will be teleported into an arena which he will take on endless/waves of creeps. another type of Trial is Courage; this is a dungeon type Trial where you have to set the goal, and once the hero finishes his/her trial he will be teleported to the starting area or the "Trial Guardian". The Trial Guardian is mostly the one who let you pick what type of Trial you want to enter and the one who check the level requirement
(You can also set what is the min. level of entering the Trials)
(looking forward to your RPG :grin::grin::grin:)

Level 3
lol, didn't notice this :grin:
the idea is, there will be a "waygate" and a character that will handle those waygate. I can call this one Trials... the Trials may consist of several type of map which is somewhere in the map and can only be reached by the waygates, here are some examples of Trials; Strength: the hero will be teleported into an arena which he will take on endless/waves of creeps. another type of Trial is Courage; this is a dungeon type Trial where you have to set the goal, and once the hero finishes his/her trial he will be teleported to the starting area or the "Trial Guardian". The Trial Guardian is mostly the one who let you pick what type of Trial you want to enter and the one who check the level requirement
(You can also set what is the min. level of entering the Trials)
(looking forward to your RPG :grin::grin::grin:)

Is there anyway you could make a simple test of that so that i get it more? xD i like to try stuff mostly practical... i get what ur saying but i cant really see it in my head..

Level 12
Here is a Sample Map, you can choose the type of Trial the waygate leads to like: Survival, Dungeon, Arena etc.. you can also set the level requirement for entering the Trials
(not much of a effort, forgive my laziness :)))

Attachments

• Sample Map.w3x
    22.9 KB · Views: 52
Level 28
Bloodthirst

Some speak of the Bloodthirsty Blade as containing the imprisoned soul of a great demon which howls for blood ever since. Others say it came into being of its own will, caring not whether it hits friend or foe. The last known wielder was a Fel Orc Blademaster, who slaughtered his entire clan with it before running into the wilds.

Passive effect: +20 damage, + 15% attack speed
Active effect: When used, surrounds the user in a destructive maelstrom dealing 20 damage per second to all non-mechanical units around the user, including allies and the user. Can't be cancelled before it ends (even by stunning or death), only drops on death.

Quest: Defeat the Fel Orc Blademaster to obtain the Bloodthirst. His last words were "At last, I am free..."

Level 6
There is a quest I have almost completely implemented in my campaign.

You get to find some secret item, but you have no idea where to look for it. However you know a few treasure hunters, but surely non of them is going to give you any clues they have because they hope to find this treasure as well.
The task is to speak with them all and to get some information from each of them, so in the end you will put it all together and find out where it is.
The quest uses Dragon Age like dialogue system, where you have to choose from a few responses every time. If you choose a really wrong response (say, you piss him off and he sends you to some uncensored place), the quest is failed.

But, I must admit, it was really hard to implement and took far more than one day to write the dialogues, to build up connections between them and so on. But personally, I think, it is better to have a few original quests than 1000 quests like "Find the boss - kill the boss" or "Bring me 10 flowers and 30 mushrooms and you will get something".

Level 3
Thnx for all the ideas :3 it really helps and i will credit the people i use the ideas from :3 i might not use all the ideas but that's life :/ srry...

keep giving ideas and you might get a highlighted place in the credits :p

Last edited:
Level 6

1. Magnifying Glass

Grants 100 additional visibility
and if you use it, you can see
nearby invisible units.
Cost: 600

2. General's Armor

Gives the wearer 6 armor,
8 strength, and 20% magic
resistance.
Cost: 950
Type: Armor

3. Holy Maul

Gives a bonus 12 strength, 30
damage, and the ability to heal
all nearby allied units for 150 hitpoints.
Cost: 1300

4. Demon Pendant

Grants 6 points to all attributes
and 15% magic resistance.
Cost: 750
Type: Necklace

5. Nature Axe

Provides 9 strength, and 15%
lifesteal.
Cost: 800

Level 6
A goblin wants you to follow him into a canyon in order to help him rescue his friend. It ends up being a trap where him and some other goblins ambush you and try to steal your stuff.
Reward: experience and goblin loot

Item idea(s):

Name: Vampire's Goblet
Description: A goblet that drains holder's life but gives paranormal hunger for blood.
Stats: Carrier loses x% hp per sec but drains x hp per sec of attacking enemies for x sec(when activated).
Components: Golden Goblet + 2x Vampire's Tooth + 5x Bottle of Blood
Cost: 3500g

Name: Pathfinder
Description: Used to help those who are lost to find their way back.
Stats: Teleports wearer to the nearest friendly village\camp\town when activated. Cannot used while wearer is in combat or in dungeon.
Components: Old Boots + 3x Teleport Stone
Type: Boots
Cost: Cannot be sold

Name: Staff of the Blood Seer
Description: It is said that this staff can drain energy from dead corpses.
Stats: +x damage bonus, +x inteligence, +x% mp regen
Carrier's hp regen is increased by x% per neabry corpse.
Components: Redwood Branch + Cyclops' Eye + 4x Hellhound Blood
Cost: Cannot be sold

Quest idea(s):

Name: Trouble in the Storage
Description: Farmer <name> told you that in the neabry storage, some strange creatures appeared and they're eating storage's food. He asked you to kill x of them, and promised to give you a small amount of gold when you're done.
Reward: x gold, +x experience

Level 28
Limited abilities bossfights/puzzles: the idea is to prevent the player from using one or more abilities via environmental conditions.

For example, say the room is filled with explosive gas. Using a spell that causes flames to appear or having a fireball attack detonates the gas, killing everyone (or dealing very heavy damage, depending on how sadistic you feel). Likewise, a room with lava cracks on the floor can only take so many ground attacking spells (Thunder Clap, Earthquake etc.) before the lava breaks through, killing everything.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Stats: Carrier loses x% hp per sec but drains x hp per sec of attacking enemies for x sec(when activated).
This item could potentially kill a player. This raises questions of kill credit. There is also the major usability problem of you needing to fight constantly or you will die just by wearing it. It could potentially be abused by micro freaks who only wear it during combat (so the HP loss effect is not as bad as intended yet the user gets the strong combat hp gain). Overall a very poorly balanced item effect. Rather cause it to lower innate life regeneration (natural healing) but a high amount but grant the user a decent life steal, turning it into an item that makes the player fully dependant on combat for regeneration.

Teleports wearer to the nearest friendly village\camp\town when activated. Cannot used while wearer is in combat or in dungeon.
For a boots slot that is not at all useful. The out of combat effect is too weak (saves time) to justify a loss in combat effectiveness that a pair of combat orientated boots would give. Most players would only carry it around, if they have item storage, to save time, but even then it could be made an infinite charged consumable instead of equipment for easier usability. If you want to give combat gear only non-combat effects then they need to be very strong (such as teleporting at any time, even in combat). If you do not, the item will be classed as trash or an inconvenient utility (if item system permits). In the case of these boots, throwing in a movement speed bonus or even a combat only movement speed bonus (allowing running from fights going bad) would greatly improve usability. Alternatively, throwing in armor, health or any other basic stat in some quantity would also work and is much easier to do.

Description: Farmer <name> told you that in the neabry storage, some strange creatures appeared and they're eating storage's food. He asked you to kill x of them, and promised to give you a small amount of gold when you're done.
How... Original... I have only seen such quests in many dozen maps, both WarCraft III and StarCraft II. In fact, it is the exact same quest I have seen, just with a different wording.

A good quest should involve the player more...

Example:

1.Farm of Death
2.Fowlness and corruption have mutated a farmer's harmless crop into a bloody thirstly monster plants that try to devour any person they come across. Kill the fowl pustules that spawn the monster plants to purge the field of the corruption. When only 1 pustule remains, it transforms into a mini-boss monster plant with improved spawning capability. New pustules will grow over time unless all are killed quickly and the mini-boss can de-evolve if left alone long enough. The quest fails if too many pustules exist at any given time.
3. Experience and improved town (the farmers food improves the town in some way). Failure could result in a penalty such as more monster spawns, tougher monsters or downgraded town. If players cannot lose then apply a temporary penalty to them.

Level 28
A variant on Dr. Super Good's quest: The farmer has asked you to put down some of his sheep, which have rabies/the plague before they infect the rest. The sheep don't attack you, but the other sheep, and are hard to kill.

Two possibilities:
* The infected sheep are visible (disease cloud/bloodlust SFX, etc.) and you need to kill them fast before they attack the other sheep (give them evade, high regen/speed/armor...).
* The infected sheep are indistinguishable from the normal sheep (in which case the farmer goes along with you, and has an ability that allows him to see whether the sheep is infected). Once again, the goal is to kill the sheep before they infect the rest, but are difficult to kill.

The final boss would be the person/creature responsible for the outbreak in the first place (necromancer, rabid predator, etc.)

The reward grows smaller as the number of infected sheep go up. If you fail to save any of the sheep, the farmer attacks you.

Status
Not open for further replies.