• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
No need to take my threat literally :D But still sorry for being too offensive myself, typed it in a hurry without much thinking (yea I'm really in need of some free time). ;)

Also, don't forget that as DJs right hand man (who is appearing and disappearing occasionally like a ghost -.-'), it's my duty to keep things in hand when he is too busy ^^

Level 19
Beep Beep. Request poppin.

Primary Attribute: Stength
Map Theme: Warcraft
Map Kind: AoS
Number of Spells: 4, as usual
Number of Normal Spells 3
Number of Ultimates: 1
Restrictions: He is the Salamander Lord, joining the Illidari. Must contain at least 1 passive and his role is an initiator in a teamfight. Please don't make it extremely hard to code. PS: He's using the draenai's salamander model (red one).

Here ya go:

BTNThunderLizardVizier.png

Saurus, the Salamander Lord - STR
Abilities:

Toss - Unit Target
Saurus the target unit behind him, dealing damage upon impact.
Range: 200
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and reduces cooldown.

Lightning Charge - Point Target
Saurus charges to the target point, stunning the first enemy hero he hits. Also, he releases a charge of lightning at his initial point, dealing damage to all units around him upon casting this ability.
Range: 900
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Notes: Scales stun and damage.

Zephyr Shield - No Target
Saurus places up a shield which reduces incoming damage for a short duration. Upon casting the ability, Saurus gains a small burst of movement speed.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: Scales damage reduction and shield duration.

Ultimate:
Thunders Wake - Area Target
Saurus fires a large and deadly thunder bolt at the target area, hitting a random enemy inside, dealing minimal damage but killing any hero whose health is less than twice of the damage amount. Prioritizes enemy heroes.
Cooldown: 90/75/60 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and reduces cooldown. If the damage is 150, then the execution requirement would be 300.

A great initiator/tank hero. I highly recommend to build him with a tanky focus since his aim is to initiate fights and get away with it. He usually starts his battles with Lightning Charge where he slams himself to the Glass Cannon of the enemy team and isolates it with Toss for a successful Thunders Wake. Then, to finish off enemy units, he uses Thunders Wake as an execution move. Zephyr Shield is great for scenarios which require you to dive in towers or just escape, as well as Lightning Charge.

Level 6
Ok Updated request.

Number of Heroes: 5
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 2
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 2
Number of Heroes with Agility Primary Attribute: 1
Map Theme: Value Mordern Warfare
Map Kind: Value Campaign
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 4 (This refers to the spells which are not ultimates. Ex.: Shockwave, War Stomp and Endurace Aura)
Number of Ultimates Per Hero: 1 (This refers to the number of ultimate spells. Ex.: Reincarnation)
Restrictions: It must be a Commando, Has Standard Equipment abilities (Such as grenades, molitovs etc. etc.) and the ultimate, well high powered weaponry (such as mechs)

Level 10
One more :goblin_good_job:.

Primary Attribute: Strength
Number of Spells: 4
Restrictions: He is the Tidal Fiend. Uses the Water Elemental model. Has at least one passive and a spell which requires no triggers. Focuses to be supporter who also has an escape mechanism. Cannot carry the game. Hates fire and the Legion XD.

Level 19
Err new one....
Number of items: 5
Preferred item types: 3 Legendaries and 2 Artefacts.
Map type: AoS
Map theme: Warcraft
Restrictions:
1) You know the map Sunken City? My items work just like the way in it. Legendaries are the most anwsome, but Artefacts are better.
2) One of them must have a summon, and it MUST BE PERMERNENT.
3)1 of them must be some kind of mechanical.
4) This request is for my friend.

How many of these items are done?

Also, Bunny, I am entirely against having a hero fulfill one fixed role but preferring flexibility, so I made the hero a very viable support one but still flexible enough to form other ones.

summonwaterelemental.gif

Gush, the Water Elemental - STR
Abilities:

Stomp - Unit Target
Gush extends his arm to the target unit and quickly warps to their location. If the target is an enemy unit, they are damaged.
Range: 750
Cooldown: 8-5 seconds
Notes: Reduces cooldown and scales damage. Can be used as a gap closer and as an escape mechanism.

Neptune's Mark - Unit Target
Gush places a mark on the target unit, adding a temporary shield to them which deals damage to all nearby enemy units for 5 seconds.
Range: 600
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: Scales damage per second. Based off Lightning Shield.

Wave Strike - Passive
Whenever a target allied unit is targeted by the spell of Gush, they gain bonus attack damage and their next attack slows the target enemy unit.
Cooldown: 0 seconds
Notes: Scales bonuses. If there are too much bonuses, consider adding a cooldown.

Ultimate:
Mesh - Unit Target
Gush quickly meshes with the target allied unit, disabling control of Gush but adding a portion of his current health and mana to the allied unit. The death of the allied unit results in the death of Gush. Lasts for a moderate duration.
Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds
Notes: Scales duration. Any kills done by the allied unit is added as an assist by Gush.

More of an offensive support/mage hybrid.

A great build here is to go semi-tanky and pick items with crowd control effects in order to land your spells successfully. Having at least an item which gives bonus movement speed is great. For spells, start with Extend to an enemy unit or your initiator after initiating then cast Neptune's Mark to the enemy unit with most units nearby them or to your tank. Casting on allied units is preferred over casting on enemy units. Then cast Mesh on your carry to get maximum team dominance.

Icons to be added later and there is a chance for me to change the ultimate skill.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok Updated request.

Number of Heroes: 5
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 2
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 2
Number of Heroes with Agility Primary Attribute: 1
Map Theme: Value Mordern Warfare
Map Kind: Value Campaign
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 4 (This refers to the spells which are not ultimates. Ex.: Shockwave, War Stomp and Endurace Aura)
Number of Ultimates Per Hero: 1 (This refers to the number of ultimate spells. Ex.: Reincarnation)
Restrictions: It must be a Commando, Has Standard Equipment abilities (Such as grenades, molitovs etc. etc.) and the ultimate, well high powered weaponry (such as mechs)

No one helped this? i need that for my campaign you know.

Level 19
You should really give Drunken Jackal the time to make your request. You keep rushing him like this and your request might be neglected of its quality or worse, rejected.

I try my best to never reject requests :)

Also, added icons and Stomp is basically Blink with damage which can target any unit, regardless of alliance (except towers).

I am unfamiliar with Empath from HoN, but it does work quite like that skill from N'aix. I checked Empath and it is only similar in the sense that you lose control of your hero and you buff up your ally. Mesh can also be used for mega pushing.

Also, WaerercraftKillers, here is your request:

Gunrunner - AGI
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Shock Charge - Area Target
The Gunrunner hurls a charge which releases a burst of force, dealing no damage but knocking all units inside the area back.
Cooldown: 18-12 seconds
Notes: Reduces cooldown and mana cost. An initiation spell, but the knock back is quite mediocre.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Guns Blazing - Unit Target
The Gunrunner locks his sight on the target unit then quickly propels himself forward to them, knocking both the target unit and the Gunrunner back and dealing damage to them upon impact.
Range: 750-900
Cooldown: 12-9 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and range.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Crazy Finger - No Target
The Gunrunner gains moderate attack speed and a slight attack damage increase but reduces his own accuracy by a moderate amount for a short duration.
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Notes: Scales bonuses, duration and reductions.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
360 - No Target
The Gunrunner quickly does a 360 movement while firing his own gun, dealing damage to all units in a circle nearby him. This ability may be fired upon casting again in quick succession to do another spin but stuns him for 2 seconds.
Range: #
Cooldown: 50-30 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and circle radius.

I did my best.

I thought of a really cocky hero for this one who tends to go all guns blazing (literally) into the fray. Fairly fragile and can deal massive amounts of damage. He takes a sort of divide and conquer approach, isolating key enemies and taking them down. Based on autoattacking and a fairly fun and easy hero to use.

The basic combo for this hero is to quickly use Shock Charge on a group of enemies then use Guns Blazing to enter inside the circle formed by the circle then quickly cast 360 only once then use Crazy Finger. It is only optimal to use the second effect of 360 when you know that you can survive the 2 seconds where you are stunned.

Here is another hero:

Mechtoid Scientist - INT
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Toy Soldier - Innate Active
The Mechtoid Scientist throws a toy soldier at the target point with maximum attack damage but low attack damage and attacks nearby enemy units within its range. Lasts for a short duration.
Range: 700
Cooldown: 0 seconds

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Hold Position - Area Target
The Mechtoid Scientist forces all units inside the area to hold their position, giving them armor and magic resistance bonus but may not move until the duration is over.
Range: 700
Notes: Scales armor and magic resistance bonus.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Focus Fire - Unit Target
The Mechtoid Scientist orders all nearby allied non-hero units to attack the target unit for a short duration and making that unit take increased damage. Casting Focus Fire makes all Toy Soldiers fire at the target unit.
Range: 500
Cooldown: 10-4 seconds
Notes: Scales duration. Damage bonus is constant, perhaps around 2% to 5% since they are going to be taking a lot of damage.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Shock Trap - Area Target
The Mechtoid Scientist sets up a shock trap that lasts for a short duration. any unit that passes through the shock trap is stunned for a short duration and takes minimal damage.
Notes: Scales stun and damage.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Mobile Turret - No Target
The Mechtoid Scientist sets up a mobile turret at his own back for 1.5 seconds, making him unable to attack but having the turret attack the nearby enemy units for a short duration. The turret has a high attack speed and moderate attack damage. The turret also slows down the Mechtoid Scientist also due to its weight.
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Notes: Scales attack damage of turret and reduces movement speed reduction.

Mechtoid was a name I used for the mechanical units in game. I was thinking of a comedic game for this request for some reason. This guy has a sort of smart guy who knows everything persona and tends to correct everyone yet he is constantly being in the butt of the joke due to people wondering why he carries a large turret at his back.

This guy has a low range (500) but a high projectile speed. He heavily relies on his Toy Soldier skill which scales as he levels up as his innate active spell. A great combo here is to set up traps with Shock Trap then land as many Toy Soldiers as possible then cast Focus Fire to the target enemy unit. You can then quickly cast Mobile Turret to decimate them.

Icons to be added later.

Level 10
Sorry bout the anger. His way of talking really sound rude.....and impatient.

Anyways, on topic: Thanks for the icons i'll begin working on those heroes.

Offtopic: The Blood Abstract hero is nearly completed along with the Dreameater. Still working on the ultimate >_< really hard.

Level 19
Sorry bout the anger. His way of talking really sound rude.....and impatient.

Anyways, on topic: Thanks for the icons i'll begin working on those heroes.

Offtopic: The Blood Abstract hero is nearly completed along with the Dreameater. Still working on the ultimate >_< really hard.

I do agree that the ultimate can be quite hard to implement, but I think you can easily replace that to something which just adds a camera shaking, screen fading and such then just change the alliance of the units to attack any unit regardless of alliance and make AI controlled units attack nearby random units.

Level 10
I do agree that the ultimate can be quite hard to implement, but I think you can easily replace that to something which just adds a camera shaking, screen fading and such then just change the alliance of the units to attack any unit regardless of alliance and make AI controlled units attack nearby random units.

Sure thing. It's about to be complete. Shouldn't be rushed for a good quality. I just love the screen shake and the darkness. Really scary.

Level 19
I think Paillain is working on them.

Here is 2 more of your requests:

Abilities:

Oil Bath - Area Target
The Pyromaniac drenches the target area, making all enemy units inside take bonus damage from the attacks and spells of the Pyromaniac and be slowed by 50% for 1.5 seconds.
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Notes: Scales damage amplification and duration.

Juggle - Point Target
The Pyromaniac hurls a burning cocktail at the target point, which deals a periodic damage per second effect to nearby units. Units with a Drenched buff can pick up the fire from this spell.
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Notes: Scales slow amount and damage amplified.

Playing With Fire - Passive
The Pyromaniac experiments with his own fire, making the next attack of the Pyromaniac after a three attacks or spells emit a cone of fire instead.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Notes: Scales damage. If the Pyromaniac casts a combination of three spells and/or attacks, the cone emits fire. The bonus damage is mediocre.

Ultimate:
Burning Presence - Point Target
The Pyromaniac leaps to the target location and deals damage to units around him by releasing a flame. This ability can be casted twice in succession with half damage the second time.
Range: 650
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and range.

A ranged unit with a really small range and low attack speed but really packs a punch. Has a psychotic personality and loves arson.

A good combo here is to start with Drench to Juggle in order to deal maximum damage output. Attack the strongest enemy unit once then the effect of Playing With Fire should be up by now. Attack the strongest enemy once more for a cone effect. If they still persist, use Burning Presence as a gap closer, escape mechanism or as a way to deal damage.

Abilities:

Rocket Jab - Point Target
The Goliath launches his fist at the target point which deals damage and slows the first unit it hits by 30% for 4 seconds.
Notes: Scales damage. Use this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/marauder-missile-196258/.

Scrap Uppercut - No Target
The next attack of the Goliath would launch the enemy unit upwards and deal bonus damage. Upon landing, the unit is dealt half of the total damage.
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Notes: Scales damage bonus. Damage dealt is not so great.

Rough Exterior - No Target
The Goliath passively gains bonus health. By activating this ability, the Goliath breaks free from all Crowd Controls and adds a shield which absorbs damage for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Notes: Scales shield and bonus health passive.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Orbit Leap - Area Target
The Goliath launches himself to the target area, stunning all units inside it for a second and deals damage to all units inside it. Has a 1.5 seconds channeling time.
Range: 1800
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and effect radius.

This hero is a guy who operates a mech. He is constantly insulted of being a weakling since he uses a mech unlike the others. Has slow movement speed and attack speed but the innate attack damage is above average and health is excellent.

Add a flamethrower attachment to the hero.

A combo for this is to initiate with Orbit Leap to allow other units to cast their other initiation spells on the stunned units then quickly use Rocket Jab on any unit which tries and escape or at the most dangerous enemy after the stun wears off. Close the gap with the unit and then use Scrap Uppercut. It is best to cast Rough Exterior right after the stun wears off to be able to tank damage.

Icons for the previous one to be added.

Level 19
*Pretend that I didn't edit my original post* That's what I did place!

Also, I won't add icons for the Modern Warfare request. I'd rather give nothing than give you something which absolutely doesn't match the skillset of the hero. This is why I hate Modern Warfare requests. They are severely limited by both the engine and the resources available.

Last edited:
Level 9
Err new one....
Number of items: 5
Preferred item types: 3 Legendaries and 2 Artefacts.
Map type: AoS
Map theme: Warcraft
Restrictions:
1) You know the map Sunken City? My items work just like the way in it. Legendaries are the most anwsome, but Artefacts are better.
2) One of them must have a summon, and it MUST BE PERMERNENT.
3)1 of them must be some kind of mechanical.
4) This request is for my friend.
that's my request.

Level 9
F**K IT! (breaking everything in range)
Fine, they are super powerful items that grants you crazy powers. got it?

Level 19
Fine.
legendaries are the most anwsome, but artefacts are better
confusing as fuck.

Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Mechanical monster
-
Permanent
Legendary

"An ancient crafter convined both the arts of summoning and the arts of mechanic to make this"

Summons a goblin shreddar but that is usefull for attacking. X sec cooldown
Item infoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Sword of omens
-
Permanent
Legendary

"A sword that sounds like the sacred om while cutting stuff"

Om mastery: when ever the carrier kills a unit, he may be stopped for 1 sec to regain 1% of his maximal health + 10% of his mana as health. while stopped hero cannot do anything and says OM.

Item InfoItem ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Double edged axe
-
Permanent
Legendary

"An axe that is made to both cut off your head and the opponents one without having to turn it"

Wielderer: deals extra 1% of maximal health as damage and gets extra 1% of maximum helth damage. Adds 10% life steal.

Item InfoItem ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ancient gem
_
Permanent
Artifact

"A gem that is said to contain the world"

Adds 100% spell vamp (you get the damage made by spells 100% as life). Adds 5000 mana and 10 mana regen as long as your life is 100%

Item InfoItem ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate edge
-
Chargable
Artifact

"the only edge ever crafted without metal. Go figure"

Adds extra 300 attack damage and damage dealt will have splash. Each 4 attacks, hero deals a killing blow that deals 1000% damage if target is not facing attacker. Each killing blow costs a charge

hate U men.

Level 10
Hey guys. Been a while. Here's something to pop up the boredom XD

Primary Attribute: Agility
Restrictions: He is Vebrendos the Crystalback. Uses this model (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...155797/?prev=search=snap%20dragon&d=list&r=20). All his powers are related to crystals and energy refraction from his crystals. Like Xacoutyl, he is also another experiment subject of Illidan's minions but is imbued with the energies of crystals. His main roles are carry (not a hard one), semi-tank (mid to end game thanks to his trusty crystals), and has jungling skills. Yet, he finds it difficult to land kills.

Level 19
A wild request apeared!
Paillan used answer, it's ultra mega hyper chocolatated effective!

Vebrendos, The Crystalback - AGI
Abilities:

Cristal form - NoTarget
Vebredos cristalizes himself, making him unable to move but taking X% less damage from attacks, this percentage is twice for units. After Y Vebredos cristal carparace will implode dealing damage equal to te amount of damage reduced by this spell in a small area.
Range: ?
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Notes: An Interesting jungler skill. Scales percentage of reduction and reduces cooldown

Melted cristals - Point/Line Target
Vebredos melts some cristals in his mouth, and after X sec he throws the melted cristals to the target point. Any unit that may be touched by this melted cristals will get X damage and a DoT fire buff which deals X damage every second for Y sec. If the attack doesn't damage anything, Verebros will melt all his cristals, reducing his own defense to 0 and dealing Z damage in a short line as he throws the melted cristals. The defense reduction lasts X sec.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Notes: Very dangerous for you if the first effect doesn't hits anybody, even if the second effect deals way more damage. scales damage and distance of both effects

Cristal body - No Target
Passive. Each X seconds Vedredos regenerates X% of his maximal life. Add X armor for each Y seconds out of combat. When hit armor bonuses last Z seconds more until they expire.
Range: -
Cooldown: - seconds
Notes: Scales life regen, armor bonus and armor bonus expire time. Makes you insanely tanky if you stay behind for a long while

Ultimate:
Earth smash - No Target
When activated, Vedredos attacks will cast a spike each four attacks. This spike goes in line and knocks every unit in that line to the air, dealing X damage and stunning for X sec. Last X sec.
Range: -
Cooldown: 200 seconds
Notes: The spike is the Nerubian undead hero first spell (I don't know how it is called in english). Scales damage , stun duration and spell duration

A nice guy. You can either become tanky and get in the middle of the TF using Cristal form making sure Cristal body has a good amount of stacks, convined with some kind of item which forces enemies to attack you.
You can be a good jungler with Cristal form, farming very fast without loosing almost any health, while preparing gank always look at your stacks of Cristal body before doing anything.
As ADC you can only work with Melted cristals which is kinda dangerous due to the second effect, so make sure you hit at least minions. Use Earth smash to break enemy asses really hard while spamming Melted cristals on stuned enemies.

Level 10
DJ: I like that mini-guide. It gives the whole idea some sense in synergy. You guys should try it more often.

Kanadaj: Noooooooooooooooo.......!!! Bye Kanadaj T_T

Edit:
Really needed some ideas for this one. Couldn't get any idea for it.

Primary Attribute: Agility
Restrictions: She is the Mermaidon using the Naga Siren model. Meant to be a ranged hard carry with simple skills. No pushing abilities or heavy nukes so it is hard to land kills or farm. Should she be very fat, she is unstoppable. She is also near to un-gankable. Another role she can play is the aggressive support. Her powers must be based on water and ice if you want to.

Last edited:
Level 19
I saw the un-gankable approach as either of the two: a) numerous escape mechanisms (allowing her to easily escape ganks) or b) have many self-cast spells allowing her to repel damage and CC (more gankable than the first one, but this makes her fall a bit to the tank role).

So, I went with the first one and here is my abomination:

Also, you don't say very fat, its very fed.

BTNNagaSummoner.png

Merrow, the Song of the Sea - AGI
Abilities:

Serpents Stalk - Point Target
Merrow slithers to the target point and then quickly fires a bolt of water at a nearby enemy unit, slowing them and dealing minimal magical damage.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Notes: Scales slow and damage. Slow should max around 50% and damage at around 200. Prioritizes enemy heroes.

BTNFeedBack.png

Tidal Crush - No Target
Merrows next attack would deal bonus damage and reduce the armor of the enemy by a point.
Cooldown: 7-4 seconds
Notes: Scales damage. Reduced armor is always 1. Her trump spell.

BTNSirenAdept.png

Allure - Passive
Merrow passively gains increased magic resistance for every few points of Agility. Every second spell increases the movement speed and attack speed of Merrow.
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Notes: Scales point requirement and speed bonuses. Speed bonuses have a cooldown. Just make a PASBTN version of the icon.

BTNDevourMagic.png

Ultimate:
Screech - Unit Target
Merrow shouts directly at the target enemy hero, dealing heavy magical damage and stunning them for 1 second.
Range: 200
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Notes: Scales damage.

Snowballs a lot in the sense that she is not very reliant on items and just needs proper skill to dominate games. She just needs to scale her second skill. Combo here is Serpents Stalk for a slow to the enemy hero you want to target then hit them with Tidal Crush which would activate the effect of Allure. Keep on attacking the enemy unit and if they escape, cast Screech or if you want to finish them, cast Screech.

I made the hero a little bit more complex in terms of landing skills. She can easily escape ganks with her Allure and Serpents Stalk to escape. Be sure to keep on spending points to AGI in order for Allure to take maximum effect (since AGI increases armor).

One downfall of her is the high cost of her spells coupled with low INT gain and the difficulty to land Serpents Stalk and being extremely reliant on the spell in order to kill. She has ganking potential with that same spell. She is an aggressive support in the sense that it is best for her to not gain the kills and because she can easily take down enemy carries in order for your carries to well, carry the game by killing other heroes. Farming is hard for this hero. Melee ranged.

A good build here is to start by rushing some Mana Regeneration items then quickly spec to either AGI bonus items or offensive ones. Items which slow or amplify her attack damage works best with her.

I like this hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.