• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Lol you mixed up the icon for the Hellfire Impaler. It's the demon archer's model.

Nevertheless, great showcase. Love the lores too.

Speaking of which:
Request!!! For DZerpic

Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/7x3u4l/_files/Celsius.mdx
Atrribute: Intelligence
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Undecided yet...(You suggest) I don't even know of a suitable title. Chilling Flames?
Little Lore: Can't find a good reason to why he joined the Burning Legion against Illidan
Map Theme: Warcraft
Map Kind: AoS
Restrictions: His background must fit into the tooltip of the hero selection. His lore should talk about his abilities and how feared he is among his enemies. Also, please state his agenda in joining the Legion.
1. His first ability is an Element Split: Splits himself into fire and ice, both going 90 degrees away from each other but heading towards the front and going back 90 degrees, colliding with each other and reform while damaging enemies nearby. Has very low cooldown.
2. His second ability is Dual Strike: He sends out an icy wave in all direction at a short range that deals immense damage and slows enemies. 2nd wave appears few seconds later but is fiery this time, dealing small damage but stuns enemies.

3. Frost and Burn: Every spellcast from himself stops hp regen among his enemies and lowers their attribute by a small value.
4. This: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...158/?prev=search=fire%20and%20ice&d=list&r=20

Last edited:
Level 15
Hey guys, I've opened up the Collaboration Project! I've notified the members about this before and they gladly accepted the next big thing our factory can do.

One more (well this one is less factory related and more idea generation related, but what the heck).

08xmhr.gif

Level 5

icons_16961_btn.jpg

Al'druin, The Tempered Sorcerer - INT

AoS

Lore:
When the Burning Legion first came to Azeroth, the twin brothers Aladar and Alashan were highborne wielders of Ice and Fire. They fought alongside Azshara but even when their queen put her trust in Illidan, they watched over him warily. During the final battle, Illidan made a daring escape betraying the Quel'dorei. Aladar and Alashan stood in his way but were both cut in half and left to die. At their deathbed, the brothers felt miserable and defeated. Kil'Jaeden appeared before them. He offered them one last chance to live, and to serve the Legion forever. Forsaking their heritage and embracing cold revenge, Aladar and Alashan became Al'druin, wielder of Ice and Fire, a being hell-bent on destruction and death. When unleashed by the Legion, he is unstopabble.
[tr]

• I couldn't fit a reason for him to join the Legion, and a thorough description of his abilities into a little tooltip, so I focused more on the story.
  • You can change 'sorcerer' for 'mage' in his name if it takes too much space.
  • Also, that model is awesome!

I hope you like it!
My rusty request-filling-gears are starting to move again :p

btw,

What the hell is that!?

Level 10
Hey DJ, Kanadaj, DZerpic. and Paillan...:)

DJ: I think maybe i can take the collaboration but who so you suggest? Story maker DZerpic or hero maker Kanadaj? Or you lol

DZerpic: Cool lore. Thanks for the compliment. It's maker removed the resource from Hive :(

Level 19
Hey DJ, Kanadaj, DZerpic. and Paillan...:)

DJ: I think maybe i can take the collaboration but who so you suggest? Story maker DZerpic or hero maker Kanadaj? Or you lol

DZerpic: Cool lore. Thanks for the compliment. It's maker removed the resource from Hive :(

DZerpic may be a little bit busy with his project and I don't know about Kanadaj. Ask them.

Level 9
Said, can I take a request for my friend? (He's a bit offline) If you answer yes, ill post the request later. If not, I will go somewhere else.

Level 9
Err hmm....
Primary Attribute: Strengh
Number of Spells: 4
Number of Normal Spells: 3
Number of Ultimates:1
Restrictions:
1) a ranged-Str hero with the model of the Balista in War3 of the Night Elves (we loves those stuff) with an attack range of 700.
2) He has a slow movespeed so make sure you have an skill that can buff it. He's a nuker/carrier.

Level 19
Weird one here. I'll take it anyway:

BTNBallista.png

Balista, the War Contraption - STR
Abilities:

BTNUpgradeMoonGlaive.png

Glaive Throw - Point Target
The Balista hurls a glaive to the target point, which deals minimal damage to all units it passes through and inflicts a very small slow. The glaive then returns back to the current position of the Balista, dealing damage to all units it passes once again.
Range: 900
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Notes: Scales damage. A sort of boomerang-like spell.

BTNVorpalBlades.png

Gear Change - No Target
The Balista passively gains a decreased attack speed but increased attack damage with a splash damage. Upon activating this ability, the Balista removes the passive effect of this ability at the cost of having every attack increase its attack speed.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 18-12 seconds
Notes: Scales attack speed reduction, attack damage bonus and attack speed bonus per attack. Does not remove the splash damage upon activating the active effect.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

War Coating - Area Target
The Balista douses the area with an unknown substance, increasing the damage input of the heroes from the attacks and spells of the Balista for a short duration.
Range: 900
Cooldown: 15-9 seconds
Notes: Scales duration. The damage increase should max at around 25 to 30%.

Ultimate:
Glaive Switch - No Target
The Balista switches its glaive to an extremely large version, decreasing his own attack speed by a moderate amount and his movement speed by a smaller amount but increasing his own attack damage by a large amount for a short duration.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: Scales attack damage bonuses and attack speed reduction. Works extremely well with Gear Change's active spell.

The Balista has a really good base attack damage and spell damage but is severely hindered by his own attack speed. Attack speed seemed more fitting for this hero instead of movement speed. His nuke damage relies on making his own auto attacks have increased splash damage and attack speed.

I'll try and find an icon for the third skill later.

Level 10
Beep Beep. Request poppin.

Primary Attribute: Stength
Number of Spells: 4, as usual
Number of Normal Spells 3
Number of Ultimates: 1
Restrictions: He is the Salamander Lord, joining the Illidari. Must contain at least 1 passive and his role is an initiator in a teamfight. Please don't make it extremely hard to code. PS: He's using the draenai's salamander model (red one)

Another one for my Frost Avatar lore request.

Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: Lich model
Atrribute: Intelligence
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Unknown the Frost Avatar
Little Lore: Comes under the command of the Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner to aid Illidan against the Legion. Uses the Lich model.
Map Theme: Warcraft (Ex.: Space, Warcraft, etc.)
Map Kind: AoS (Ex.: RPG, AoS)
Restrictions: Try stating his abilities in the lore or at least how he obtained these powers and his agenda here. His skills are Crystal Blast (a formation devastating spell), Soul Freeze (On activation, he will automatically damage any enemy hero that cast a spell within his radius and silences them for a duration), Eternal Winter (damages enemies within a far range and damages them seriously when in very close range) and Frost Giant (channels to create a golem while it spawns. the golem in invulnerable in this state and steals mana from every unit in within range (ally or foe) and once it caps, he will spawn, laying waste to the battlefield. Every mana stolen will increase his max hp from 1-3000 hp. So more mana means more durability for the giant) Also, add this quote at the end please "My power flurries through the air into the ground, my soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around, and one thought crystalizes like an icy blast, I'm never going back, the past is in the past..".

Last edited:
Level 9
Err new one....
Number of items: 5
Preferred item types: 3 Legendaries and 2 Artefacts.
Map type: AoS
Map theme: Warcraft
Restrictions:
1) You know the map Sunken City? My items work just like the way in it. Legendaries are the most anwsome, but Artefacts are better.
2) One of them must have a summon, and it MUST BE PERMERNENT.
3)1 of them must be some kind of mechanical.
4) This request is for my friend.

Level 9
I'm sorry, but my pride just called me on the phone - he told me to reject your request.

Me or BunnyAng? I don't need those quick, take your time:ogre_haosis:
P.S: oh shit, my friend told me if his request is not gonna done soon, he's gonna hit me.

Level 3
Hello....I need ideas for items in my map
hope you guys could help me :D

Number of Items: 5-10?
Preferred Item Type/s: Helmets/Boots/Gloves/
Effect:
1.Helmet adds to armor.
2.Boots adds movespeed.
3.Gloves adds attackspeed.
i already got all this covered what i need is additional effects that comes with it

Map Kind: Rpg
Restrictions:
1. icons not necessary (ill just come up with one based on descriptions)
2. No active spells...passive spells only (warcraft default or triggered are welcome)
3. spells limited only to 2 per item.
4. additional stats are fine.
5. stats range from 1-15 (it could be all stats +1-15 or randomly, negative stats are fine in fact im anticipating it :D)

thanks and more power

Level 19
So... he is going to kill you, because am about the make the most difficult items the world have seen (MUAHAHAHAH) O woops, just remembered I don't know anything about sunked city. Sucks to be you.
Since I am not going to play sunked city, I will just skip to yuganeigii's request, which I can make.

Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Captain's helmet
?
Helmet
Ultra normal

"A helm weared by the captain of... something"

Description
Captain is behind:Adds +1/-1 armor each X sec. +1 each sec you are out of combat, and -1 for each hit you take, bonuses and armor loose have a limit of X.
Battlecry: Upon attacking, consumes either all armor bonuses all removes all armor reduction. Hero will scream with a battle cry, enemies near will get damage reduction equal to the removed armor bonus, and allies will get damage bonus equal to the removed armor reduction. Both last X sec. If armor bonus/armor reduction are from permanent items, after Y sec those come back.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Vampire gloves
?
Gloves
Unormal

"Why would a vampire wear gloves?"

Description
Frenzy: Each attack adds x% attack speed bonus for each Y% of life missed by the target, those bonus stack but last very few.
Unatural hunter: Upon night, gloves will glow red, adding X% movement speed based on distant towards nearest hero, them less distance them more the speed boost grows. When distance is less than X, the wearer get's revealed until he get's out of that distance.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Thief boots
?
Boots
Annoyingly normal

"So does this boots make me a thief?"

Description
Wandered: out of combat, weared will get X% bonus movement speed and stealth for X sec.
Rob and run: upon hitting an enemy hero, there is X% chance to steal one of his items, and get X% movement speed. After X sec the item auto drops and can only by picked by original wearer.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Static helm
?
Helmet
Rare

"A helm that is full of static electricity, is it even a good idea to wear it?"

Description
Autostatic: each X sec the weared will release a small spark that purges him, dealing little damage and removing all buff from him.
Static: when being hit, attacker has X% chance to get purged, getting medium damage and slowed for X sec.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Minda boots
?
Boots
Unique

"Boots once weared by the great boot maker Minda"

Description
Minda's curse: removes all stat bonuses wearer may have.
Minda's blessing: Upon hitting an enemy, wearer will get stat bonus equal to 50% of the target stats for X sec. If wearer kills the original target, wearer will retain 50% of the stats bonuses he got as permanent stats.

nanannananana BOOTS

Level 9
Oh, that's not a big problemo at all. Legendaries are the most powerful weapons
in the map. But Artefacts are anwsomer, but they are kind of like impossible to reach.

Level 3

Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Captain's helmet
?
Helmet
Ultra normal

"A helm weared by the captain of... something"

Description
Captain is behind:Adds +1/-1 armor each X sec. +1 each sec you are out of combat, and -1 for each hit you take, bonuses and armor loose have a limit of X.
Battlecry: Upon attacking, consumes either all armor bonuses all removes all armor reduction. Hero will scream with a battle cry, enemies near will get damage reduction equal to the removed armor bonus, and allies will get damage bonus equal to the removed armor reduction. Both last X sec. If armor bonus/armor reduction are from permanent items, after Y sec those come back.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Vampire gloves
?
Gloves
Unormal

"Why would a vampire wear gloves?"

Description
Frenzy: Each attack adds x% attack speed bonus for each Y% of life missed by the target, those bonus stack but last very few.
Unatural hunter: Upon night, gloves will glow red, adding X% movement speed based on distant towards nearest hero, them less distance them more the speed boost grows. When distance is less than X, the wearer get's revealed until he get's out of that distance.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Thief boots
?
Boots
Annoyingly normal

"So does this boots make me a thief?"

Description
Wandered: out of combat, weared will get X% bonus movement speed and stealth for X sec.
Rob and run: upon hitting an enemy hero, there is X% chance to steal one of his items, and get X% movement speed. After X sec the item auto drops and can only by picked by original wearer.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Static helm
?
Helmet
Rare

"A helm that is full of static electricity, is it even a good idea to wear it?"

Description
Autostatic: each X sec the weared will release a small spark that purges him, dealing little damage and removing all buff from him.
Static: when being hit, attacker has X% chance to get purged, getting medium damage and slowed for X sec.
Item InfoItem Ability

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Minda boots
?
Boots
Unique

"Boots once weared by the great boot maker Minda"

Description
Minda's curse: removes all stat bonuses wearer may have.
Minda's blessing: Upon hitting an enemy, wearer will get stat bonus equal to 50% of the target stats for X sec. If wearer kills the original target, wearer will retain 50% of the stats bonuses he got as permanent stats.

nanannananana BOOTS

Thanks +Rep bro...i like the descriptions sweet, simple full of humor on the side :D i think captain's helm is "ultra" challenging though how did it become normal? :D

please keep it coming

Level 6
Ok Drop the last Request i told you last time but i have a new request.

Primary Attribute: Strengh.
Map Theme: Mordern Warfare
Map Kind: Campaign
Number of Spells: 15
Number of Normal Spells 10
Number of Ultimates: 5
Restrictions: It must be a Commando, Has Standard Equipment abilities (Such as grenades, molitovs etc. etc.) and the ultimate, well high powered weaponry (such as mechs)

thats my new request.

EDIT: This has multipile seperate commandos with seperate ablities.

Last edited:
Level 12
SkyGreen don't be offensive towards the requesters else I'm gonna kick your ass.
I was just explaining a requester, who should probably know such things if he is wokring on a map. I might have come off as offensive and I excuse myself for that. But still that gives you no excuse to resort to threatening me on a physical basis. Although I'd love to see you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.