• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I think Paillain is working on them.

Here is 2 more of your requests:

Abilities:

Oil Bath - Area Target
The Pyromaniac drenches the target area, making all enemy units inside take bonus damage from the attacks and spells of the Pyromaniac and be slowed by 50% for 1.5 seconds.
Range: 750
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Notes: Scales damage amplification and duration.

Juggle - Point Target
The Pyromaniac hurls a burning cocktail at the target point, which deals a periodic damage per second effect to nearby units. Units with a Drenched buff can pick up the fire from this spell.
Range: 500
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Notes: Scales slow amount and damage amplified.

Playing With Fire - Passive
The Pyromaniac experiments with his own fire, making the next attack of the Pyromaniac after a three attacks or spells emit a cone of fire instead.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Notes: Scales damage. If the Pyromaniac casts a combination of three spells and/or attacks, the cone emits fire. The bonus damage is mediocre.

Ultimate:
Burning Presence - Point Target
The Pyromaniac leaps to the target location and deals damage to units around him by releasing a flame. This ability can be casted twice in succession with half damage the second time.
Range: 650
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and range.

A ranged unit with a really small range and low attack speed but really packs a punch. Has a psychotic personality and loves arson.

A good combo here is to start with Drench to Juggle in order to deal maximum damage output. Attack the strongest enemy unit once then the effect of Playing With Fire should be up by now. Attack the strongest enemy once more for a cone effect. If they still persist, use Burning Presence as a gap closer, escape mechanism or as a way to deal damage.

Abilities:

Rocket Jab - Point Target
The Goliath launches his fist at the target point which deals damage and slows the first unit it hits by 30% for 4 seconds.
Range: 900
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Notes: Scales damage. Use this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/marauder-missile-196258/.

Scrap Uppercut - No Target
The next attack of the Goliath would launch the enemy unit upwards and deal bonus damage. Upon landing, the unit is dealt half of the total damage.
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Notes: Scales damage bonus. Damage dealt is not so great.

Rough Exterior - No Target
The Goliath passively gains bonus health. By activating this ability, the Goliath breaks free from all Crowd Controls and adds a shield which absorbs damage for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Notes: Scales shield and bonus health passive.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Orbit Leap - Area Target
The Goliath launches himself to the target area, stunning all units inside it for a second and deals damage to all units inside it. Has a 1.5 seconds channeling time.
Range: 1800
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and effect radius.

This hero is a guy who operates a mech. He is constantly insulted of being a weakling since he uses a mech unlike the others. Has slow movement speed and attack speed but the innate attack damage is above average and health is excellent.

Add a flamethrower attachment to the hero.

A combo for this is to initiate with Orbit Leap to allow other units to cast their other initiation spells on the stunned units then quickly use Rocket Jab on any unit which tries and escape or at the most dangerous enemy after the stun wears off. Close the gap with the unit and then use Scrap Uppercut. It is best to cast Rough Exterior right after the stun wears off to be able to tank damage.

Ok is this mine?

Well if its mine than thank you but there's one last hero to go.

Also, I won't add icons for the Modern Warfare request. I'd rather give nothing than give you something which absolutely doesn't match the skillset of the hero. This is why I hate Modern Warfare requests. They are severely limited by both the engine and the resources available.

Ouch... that dosen't do well sadly guess... but let me do the icons ok.

Level 10
Thanks DJ. Its a very well thought hero.

Btw: According to the collab, here's a few for DJ.

Number of Items: 4
Preferred Item Type/s: For strength heroes or those who find themselves feeding, allowing more durability in teamfights.
Effect: I'll let you set it
Map Theme: Warcraft
Map Kind: AoS
Restrictions: All 4 of them are powerful. Some of them have actives and must have multiple effects (etc:+10 strength, +4 Intelligence, + Magic Immunity for 5 seconds on activation) and should have some synergy with the previous heroes i requested here.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok i have a new request but dont cancel the last hero, its just for fun actually.

Primary Attribute: I don't know maybe you pick. EDIT Pick Str.
Map Kind: RPG
Number of Spells: 6
Number of Normal Spells 4
Number of Ultimates: 2
Restrictions: He uses the Angel Model, Has Powerful spells, Holy Ablites, and one healing ablity.

Last edited:
Level 19
So since Bunny want's his request made by phasing DJ so badly, I will take Waer's request

Palantio, the holy one - STR
Abilities:

Holy breath - No Target
Hero throws a with holy energys imbued breath, healing unit's in front of him in a small cone for X health.
Range: 100
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: A smart cast healing spell never seen before. Scales health gain and cone's area

Holy escence - Area Target
Creates a mark at target area. Any unit that dies there leaves a small holy orb and every hero that dies there leaves a big holy orb. Spells casted into that area will deal bonus damage, +X damage for each small orb and +Y damage for each big orb. Orbs lasts Z sec before they fade. Each time a new orb is created the fading time resets for all orbs.
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Notes: Y>X. Scales Y and X and orb fading time.

Holy strike - Area Target
Small area. Hero imbues his sword with hoy energy and them smashed targeted area, releasing a small holy explotion that deals X damage.
Range: 700
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Notes: A very small area (less than 100). Scales Mana cost and damage

Holy presence - No Target
Hero impulses his presence over an area around him, increasing his own and his allies attack and movement speed by X% and dealing Y damage to enemies.
Range: -
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and bonus

Ultimate:
Holy implotion - Area Target
Creates a very big explotion in target area, dealing X damage and knocking all unit inside the area towards the direction hero is facing.
Cooldown: 220 seconds
Notes: Bigger area than holy escence. Gank or escape spell. Scales damage and knockback distance.

Ultimate:
Holy empower - No Target
Can be casted even if you are under CC. From all negative buffs.reduces the duration of the next negative buffs over him by X% for Y sec. Increases hero's damage by X% and attack speed by Y%. Lasts Z sec.
Range: -
Cooldown: 300 seconds
Notes: CC is crown control.Scales all bonuses exept the percentage of negative buffs reduction.

He is a good tank/Sup for an RPG. but downsides if he wants to be a healer he must always stay behind to make sure his heal spell heals something.

Level 19
Finally, here's the Commando:

Abilities:

Empowering Presence - Point Target
The Commando screams at his troops in a line, increasing their movement speed and attack speed and increasing his as well for a short duration. Also passively increases the health regeneration of nearby allied units.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: Scales active and passive bonuses.

Force Charge - Area Target
The Commando hurls a force grenade at the target area, which knock backs all units away from its center and deals damage. All affected units are slowed for short time right after.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Notes: Scales damage.

Energy Bounce - Unit Target
The Commando hurls a lightning-charged beam to the target unit, which deals damage to the unit and bounces up to 3 times and deals reduced splash damage to nearby units.
Range: 600
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Notes: Notes come here about the ability if required, else remove it!

Ultimate:
Reflective Shield - Unit Target
For a short duration, the target unit gains a shield which reduces their incoming damage by a set percent and bounces the absorbed damage to all nearby units. Can target allied units, enemy units and self.
Range: 750
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Notes: Scales duration and percent damage absorbed.

Plays more of a ranged, offensive supportive role. Based on having many allies couple near him and charging at the same time. You can see his positioning focus with nearly all his skills.

Empowering Presence requires him to stay quite behind his allied units but also in a position that requires him to be a bit closer. Force Charge is best used on clusters of enemy units where you would want to isolate key targets and is a great initiator. Energy Bounce is a great burst which you can use to kill enemy units or at clusters of enemy units. Best used in conjunction with Force Grenade. Finally, Reflective Shield is a great spell which can be used in multiple situations. Cast in on self when you want to charge in the fray or when you are low on health or when you are being ganged up. Cast on allies when they want to do the same and finally, cast on enemies when that enemy is one who takes aggro and supports nearby targets, is nearby key targets or if that enemy is ganged up.

There is no hard "combo" for this hero and the only good tip I can give is to use his abilities when the situation best demands it. Usually they can easily turn the tides of battle in your favor.

His pitfall is his high mana costs, relatively low health and high cooldowns.

Playstyle: He can combine his spells to easily wipe out groups of enemies, his skills are more effective on vampire-type enemies. He's not the best at melee combat, he'd rather use his spells than continuously attacking. The vampire hunter has more of a carry role.
Map Background: Set around 1740, in Transylvania.
Dracula and the vampires came long ago and wreak havoc upon Transylvania, but a vampire hunter chosen by fate defeated them. 100 years later, rumors of Dracula being resurrected are heard, and in a small Transylvanian village, villagers have started mysteriously disappearing. The mayor, suspecting that the vampires are responsible for this, sent a skilled vampire hunter(hero i'm requesting) to investigate.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just asking, do you do balance requests? I like creating heroes, but I don't know what's the good mana/performance ratio or stuff like that.

If you can't, do you know people who can do that kind of stuff?

Level 19
That tutorial usually just covers hero idea creation. Basically jondrean, I would say that first, you need to take into consideration the playtime of your map.

Is it fast-paced? Then slower cooldowns, lower mana costs, higher overall damage would work best here. Feel free to tailor these things to the needs of your game.

Is it slow-paced? Then longer cooldowns, medium-high mana costs, medium overall damage can work here. Again, tailor these things to the needs of you game.

To be honest with you, balancing a game is an iterative process. You don't immediately get the right balance of your map. What you need to do is to just keep playtesting and playtesting and playtesting. See what fits for this situation and that. Be sure to not limit the playtesting with yourself. Get some friends, whether online or not, to give you feedback on what they think tips the game off balance.

Your game cannot and will not achieve that perfect balance and it is important to know that. Leaving some perfect imbalances which you intentionally include with the game itself can allow the game to arise to interesting situations and lead to a meta game where the gain has emerging and expiring strategies. Be sure to never make these imbalances game-breaking though.

I do have some knowledge regarding balance. Typically something is imbalanced when the power to skill ratio is messed up. When a gameplay element has low skill and high power, it becomes imbalanced since it does not give a proper ratio of power to skill. If it has a high skill but low power, then it tends to be imbalanced once more. Having something with an improper skill to power ratio makes it less satisfying to execute and making something with a proper skill to power ratio makes it much more satisfying to execute.

I need to write something about balance I think. If you have anymore clarifications, feel free to PM me. I really need to write about balance.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Need to play it more then ^^ And yes I play it online with random people and some on my friends list.

Level 1
Can i request a hero, " Void Hunter"(AGI) (uses the voidwalker model), can you make spells that builds up his speed and damage other at the same time? i will give you guys credit in my Map! the model is attached.(it's origannly from Heaven's Fall" Thanks in advance!!!! :ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 19
I must say I no longer own a PC (mine got stolen) and thereford I can't really use codes right now. But I will see what I can do. Edit: It has becomed easier as I espected to work on phone, so I guesscthis will go faster
- Attribute
Abilities:

icons_10567_pas.jpg
Bullet charge - No Target Passive. When an enemy gets nearer than X from hero and hero's life is less than Y% hero will start a bullet rush shooting everything that comes in front of him. Each bullet deals X damage and knockbacks Z meters. This pasive has double distance activation for vampires and double health percentage of activation for those too. Range: - Cooldown: - seconds

icons_14032_btn.jpg
Explosive bullet - No TargetThrows explosive bullets in the next X attacks instead of regular bullets. Each bullet deals Y% of hero's normal damage in a small area. Stuns vampires for x secondsRange:900 Cooldown: 50 seconds Notes: Note that if you don't attack this spells effect remains active

icons_6485_btn.jpg
Garlic grenade- Area Target Throws a somelike grenade cotaining Garlick. Normal units will get X% chance to stop themself for 1 second randomly. Vampires will get light damage and will be forced to leave the targeted area, they can re enter it after Y secRange: 700 Cooldown: 80 seconds Notes: First effect like anti-riot gas

icons_15458_btn.jpg
Vampiric dominance - No Target When actived shows the nearest vampire for 1second. If it is inside sight range the target will be marked and slowed by X%. If target is inside pasive's activation range and it actives the passive; it gets stunned fot Y sec. Range: - Cooldown: 100 seconds Notes: Notes: Only works for vampires. Gank or finisher OR escape spell

icons_2383_btn.jpg
Ultimate: Holy grenade- Area Target Hero throws a with holy water imbued flare like grenade. Deals insane damage to Vampires and stuns them. Works as a flash grenade for anything elseRange: 1000 Cooldown: 300 seconds Notes: if all this spells where to simple I am afraid it will take some time to redothem

Last edited:
I must say I no longer own a PC (mine got stolen) and thereford I can't really use codes right now. But I will see what I can do. Edit: It has becomed easier as I espected to work on phone, so I guesscthis will go faster

- Attribute
[tr][td]
Abilities:

icons_10567_pas.jpg
Bullet charge - No Target Passive. When an enemy gets nearer than X from hero and hero's life is less than Y% hero will start a bullet rush shooting everything that comes in front of him. Each bullet deals X damage and knockbacks Z meters. This pasive has double distance activation for vampires and double health percentage of activation for those too. Range: - Cooldown: - seconds

icons_14032_btn.jpg
Explosive bullet - No TargetThrows explosive bullets in the next X attacks instead of regular bullets. Each bullet deals Y% of hero's normal damage in a small area. Stuns vampires for x secondsRange:900 Cooldown: 50 seconds Notes: Note that if you don't attack this spells effect remains active

icons_6485_btn.jpg
Garlic grenade- Area Target Throws a somelike grenade cotaining Garlick. Normal units will get X% chance to stop themself for 1 second randomly. Vampires will get light damage and will be forced to leave the targeted area, they can re enter it after Y secRange: 700 Cooldown: 80 seconds Notes: First effect like anti-riot gas

icons_15458_btn.jpg
Vampiric dominance - No Target When actived shows the nearest vampire for 1second. If it is inside sight range the target will be marked and slowed by X%. If target is inside pasive's activation range and it actives the passive; it gets stunned fot Y sec. Range: - Cooldown: 100 seconds Notes: Notes: Only works for vampires. Gank or finisher OR escape spell

icons_2383_btn.jpg
Ultimate: Holy grenade- Area Target Hero throws a with holy water imbued flare like grenade. Deals insane damage to Vampires and stuns them. Works as a flash grenade for anything elseRange: 1000 Cooldown: 300 seconds Notes: if all this spells where to simple I am afraid it will take some time to redothem

[/td][/tr]

It's kinda too simple, but it works.
Thx!

Level 10
Level 10
I'd definitely give him a vision ability so he can predict an enemy coming while it's still out of sight :D

That's a pretty cool idea. Yeah i'd like that DJ. Since i think i can set him to gain vision on those who are within range of something something. Remember his abilities can't be dark since he wants the end of the reign of his brother Kil'Jaeden.

Btw DJ: Try not going too complex this time haha. You wouldn't mind some item requests right?

Level 19
Far sight is hard to implement?

The idea I was thinking of wasn't Far Sight. Far Sight is just revealing an unrevealed area, not predicting incoming enemies. They are extremely unalike.

Since BunnyAng wanted something not complex, here is something kind of simple:

Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Clairvoyance - Unit Target
Upon casting, Velen creates a field around the target allied unit which causes any unit that comes within a certain range of the target unit be revealed for a second to all allied units of Velen. A unit that is revealed deals reduced damage to the target unit.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: Scales duration per level. Also known as the worlds greatest mobile ward. Can target allied units.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Destiny Doom - Unit Target
Velen reveals the death of the target enemy unit or a boon to be bestowed to the target allied unit. Casting it to an enemy unit stuns them for a second and deals magical damage while casting to an allied unit gives a short 1 second movement speed burst and restores an equivalent amount of health.
Range: 600
Notes: Scales damage/heal. A good initiation spell.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Foresight - Unit Target
Velen bestows the target allied unit with a vision of the future, giving them increased magical resistance and bonus attack damage for their next attack.
Notes: Scales magical resistance and damage. A good semi-supportive spell, since it can target Velen.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Shared Fate - Unit Target
Velen channels a large storm at the target area which lasts for a short duration, which makes the fate of all units in it the same. A portion of the damage taken by any of the units is split to nearby units.
Range: #
Cooldown: # seconds
Notes: Scales damage shared. Its basically just a mass Spirit Link.

His first skill makes him the worlds greatest ward, but to efficiently use it requires great communication and skill. Proper communication with the skill can allow for your junglers to easily move the map without fear, allow you to properly lock in map objectives and such. Adding enemy or jungle units to the allowed targets may set it off balance, but just playtest to be sure.

Spells are quite simple to implement. The first skill is the only one that requires rigorous coding. The second one is a simple if else check. The third one is perhaps the simplest, just make a dummy to cast the base spells to the target unit. The last one if just a mass Spirit Link.

Instead of making it a support that can tank pretty well, I made it a support that can carry pretty well and tank with right items. I am not for the idea of ranged tanks, they defeat the purpose of ranged attacks or tanking.

Icons to be added soonish.

I'm all up for item requests now. For item requests, I need you tell me the general idea of items though as well as give me some sample o

Level 10
Okay then here you go. Thanks for the hero. I named him the Prophet cuz he is a prophet in the World of Warcraft.

Number of Items: 6
Preferred Item Type/s: Expensive and Very high powered
Effect: High stat gain, high hp gain, damage gain, bonus abilities, aura, attack modifier, etc. Must be a mixture of a few mentioned above
Map Kind: AoS
Restrictions: The following items are mainly for tanking and for carries. So, 3 of them are common build for tank and 3 for carries. Can be both, if preferred. They are all very expensive items or make them powerful but not too overpowered. PS: Try making them well suited for the previous heroes i requested here.

Last edited:
Level 19
I will take

Item InfoItem Ability
icons_11594_btn.jpg
Provocative spike 8000 or more? Defensive/armor NONE "It's useless to resist such a sexy spike. Auch"
Provocation: each X seconds hero will force units in an Y range from him to attack him for Z seconds. Spiked armor: deals X damage per second to near enemies. +35 armor +10% armor penetration

Item InfoItem Ability
icons_11594_btn.jpg
Observers stone 8000 or moar Defensive/utility NONE "A stone made of the destiny itself"
Revealed: when ever an enemy is revealed by a hero active or constant spell, that hero will be marked and revealed for X sec. Marked units that get damaged increase their revealing time. Insight: active. Reveals all invisibles in a huge area around hero. +20 armor +15 magic resist

Item InfoItem Ability
icons_11594_btn.jpg
Killer weapon Priceless. For everything else there's visa. Weapon Ultimate rare "The great ban hammer is nothing compared"
Pasively adds a large amount of damage. Perfect sinergy: Pasive. For ranged heroes: adds +0,5 extra attack distance and +15% extra attack speed per attack, stacks up to 4 times, lasts X sec. For mele: adds life steal equal to 1% of maximum health and 15% movement speed per attack, stacks up to 4 times, lasts X sec.
Kill DJ: Active. Kills Drunken Jackal for no reason (joke)
Firdt item is made for verebros or veredros or wat ever it was.
Secon item isa made for the great warder
Third item is OP and kills DJ

Last edited:
Level 19
I thought that I'd give this a shot as well:

Item InfoItem Ability

Armipotent
High
Defensive
Very Rare

"Armipotent gives you the ability to charge blindly to a fight with disregard for your own health! Comes with a 6 month warranty."

Passively gives bonus physical and magical armor.

Unique Passive - Blitz: Upon casting a spell, a huge surge of power is released, dealing damage to all nearby units after a short delay. Has a moderate cooldown.

Item InfoItem Ability

Shroud of Orient
Above Average
Defensive/Magical
Rare

"Who said a Mage cant tank?"

Passively grants bonus mana regeneration and mana to the holder.

Unique Passive - Elemental Barrier: Every few mana grants 1 point of Armor.

Item InfoItem Ability

Assault Companion
Above Average
Offensive
Rare

"Squishy heroes hate it. Armor-based heroes hate it. Find out why!"

Passively grants bonus health regeneration and INT.

Unique Passive - Assault: When the caster casts a spell targeted to an enemy unit, the orb launches itself and deals pure damage. Has a moderate cooldown.

Unique Active - Inspire: Restores mana. Has a long cooldown.

Armipotent was designed with initiators in mind. Works quite well with that Salamander guy I made. The short delay was added since some initiators use those charge spells and it would suck for the charge to happen before hand.

Shroud of Orient is designed as more of a supplementary item for mages who are having a hard time in fights and just keep on dying.

Assault Companion is best used with offensive mages who like to harass their foes as well as used on squishy heroes or armor reliant ones. The assault companion adds this model as the companion. I'm not quite sure with the bonus unique active effect. Playtest it a bit and see if its too OP.

I'll go with the formula of stat bonus + special effect here. I suggest you not use our gold cost suggestions since we do not know how gold income works there.

Bunny, you owe it to us to finish that AoS. I need to play it. Nao.

Level 19
My hero:
Q-Bailando solo- Paillan dances towards target point dealing damage around him and around point where he arrives.
W-Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger- Paillan gets extra armor,speed,strenght and has better aim (all spell follow target) for some seconds.
E-Empty walls-Creates some invisible walls that stop enemies from walking there for some seconds. Units stuck inside wall can't do anything until spell ends and get damaged.
R-One more time- resets cooldown of all spells even this one. But this spell will cost X more mana each cast. Extra mana cost gets removed when hero dies.

Last edited:
Level 10
Okay Kan. Here, for dragons, choose between Crimson Knight (blood elf lieutenant who transforms into a dragon) or Azure Dragon (Icy). Assassins can be Gambit (spear throwing bandit. needs a very cool and matching story to why the hell he is in hell) or Satyr Something-Something (You decide everything about it)

Status
Not open for further replies.