• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Labyrinth of Nightmare (v9.1)

Description:
This is a long dungeon RPG map in which you have to explore a huge ancient Labyrinth. You have to lead your minions and must ensure that your heroes survive. You start with standard heroes and some changed and improved regular spells, in the later game you will get custom spells by custom items and special places. The game has many elements of Unreal, Turok, Turok2, Zelda, Warchazers and the Wc3 Campaign. The great ancient Labyrinth deep under the Broken Isles is inhabited by Demons and Creeps and full of traps and riddles. The Alliance has sent an expedition to investigate the possible threat and to explore the Labyrinth. You have to lead the expedition through the different levels of the Labyrinth and fight against your enemies.

Credit list:
-Test, Review, Suggestions: Flour (is on Hiveworkshop), Wtii, Deepstrasz, Spasmaster, other members of Hiveworkshop
-Music: Blizzard Entertainment, Iguana Entertainment, Acclaim Entertainment, Epic Games, Digital Extremes, GT Interactive
-Models (Lord of the Rings): Olofmoleman (is here on hive)
-Models (Demon Wall): Sin'dorei300
-Map preview picture: Lord of the Rings from New Line Cinema
-Idea of some models (that will be added later): John Ronald Reul Tolkien, Akira Toriyama
The remaining artists who are still missing in my credit list will be added later when all new models are imported.

Latest Changelog (v9):
-More visibility modifiers added.
-Much terrain Improvements with more imported decoration, the Stargate rooms are for example 85% completed now.
-Many useful WoW doodads were imported.
It could be possible that some German text is still in some descriptions because i have the German version and i changed many spells and items. But i am also working on translating this.
I am constantly working on this map when i have time for this. Next i will continue the latest created level. I am also trying to fix the sound bugs since patch 1.30 (which are not caused by my map but i try to fix them). There are one or two doodads that appear without texture since 1.30 but i am also trying to fix this, or the map would have to be played on 1.28/1.29 so that these doodads look as they are supposed to be.
This time i forgot to write the new version number in the map, but i will write it next time.

Screenshots(old):
242573-albums7857-picture107603.png

242573-albums7857-picture107602.jpg

The Hiveworkshop member Flour has created a review video of an older version:

Wtii has also played an older version of this map:

Keywords:
Maze, Dungeon, Labyrinth, Spells, Artifacts, Demons, Creeps, Temple Ruins, Catacombs, Lost Forest, Ancient City, RPG, Heroes, Dark Fortress, Traps
Contents

Labyrinth of Nightmare (v9) (Map)

Reviews
Next Review: [2016-06-30] Rufus Moderation Note Notes: Are you sure you uploaded the latest version? If so, ignore the text underneath. To be honest, I didn't see any changes terrain-wise. I didn't play it all, because I kinda lost my flame when...
Zenonoth
Just tested here's my review - Still no custom heroes, custom spells, custom items. - Still untranslated text - Still very few shops for a Dungeon Crawler/Tomb Raider-type game - No Multiplayer - Unused terrain Overall, I'll rate this map...
SpasMaster
I finally tried this after you asked me to. Expect an honest review, I won't hold back. This is (obviously) my favorite genre on which I have worked for years. I know its ins and outs better than the palm of my hand. Language: This has been going...
Kino
This map really, really deserves the awaiting update status. Not one of those "its barely a map and will never be finished", but rather something that is well made in some areas, yet a little too undeveloped in others. The choice of heroes is the...
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...
deepstrasz
You shouldn't write everything that's already in the Quest Log on the screen. Just tell the player to read the Quest Log instead. Descriptions in Deutsch: Ankh of Reincarnation, Health Stone, Arcane Scroll, Periapt of Vitality, tomes, Robe der Weisen...
Level 7
The update will come tomorrow probably. Then i have access to a sufficient internet connection. Could somebody tell me then if the Egyptian wall model and the Tirion statue model work and are not white? You can see the models in the south east corner of my map when you open it in the editor.

Level 3
Not bad, but could be better.
I don't like the fact that something is written in english and something in german (i guess?), and would be nice to have some custum spell or the possibility to choose heroes.
Anyway, I really like the idea and in general it's well done imho. Keep up the good job!

Level 7
Not bad, but could be better.
I don't like the fact that something is written in english and something in german (i guess?), and would be nice to have some custum spell or the possibility to choose heroes.
Anyway, I really like the idea and in general it's well done imho. Keep up the good job!
Thanks for playing! Sorry if there are still some items and abilities that are in German, i am currently translating all the changed text. 90% is done by now. The custom spells are also going to come, there will be a place in the currently created level where each hero can get 3 new spells. So the player will get 9 new spells alltogether! How far have you played?:aa:

Level 7
This map works on 1.30 but the imported mp3 sound datas are not working on the latest patch 1.30. I am currently fixing this bug (metadatas have to be removed from the mp3s). I will also continue the map after that. Then i will update the map again. Hopefully the new version of the map will also work on earlier patches before 1.30.

Level 7
FINISHED!!! Read 4 pages + 6 reviews + 68 replies

Now i will advance to start reading Shar Dunderd's Legends of Arkain First Human Book thread (on reply #3 which involves the rebirth part) 12:00 PM in the afternoon as i wished for last month (along with July of 2018).

BEFORE YOU READ MY POST
Also, i'm on a hiatus with gaming and playing games because of too much work with firefox bookmarks and notepad editing stuff to add things involving Sailor Moon, Cutie Honey F and Senran Kagura crap (well i liked these three, but i still like Dragon Ball Z the most because of Brain Drummond Vegeta, Ian James Corlett Goku, Scott McNeil Piccolo, Michael Dobson Nappa, Richard Newman Captain Ginyu and others).

While it's October 15, i won't be in be that hiatus anymore and will start playing your map while i'm on WC3 Version 1.29 (not 1.30 because of too many bugs and things that will ruin the Arkain experience destructively even, unless i find a downgrader for WC3 that work and keep me to 1.29 instead of 1.30) right now since i've finished reading your thread today.

Anyways, thank you for reading my post on your thread.

Cheers!
~J-Kun FeruEnzeruJkun

Level 7
I like your spirit on working this. You have the red aura in you! ^ ^
It's a pleasure for me when such a lovely beauty like you comments my map. I made a lot of progress the last week and i have completed the translation of the German items soon. Then i must add some visibility modifiers and complete the credit list. Then i will update the map to the new version which will also work properly on 1.30. I am also constantly adding new stuff to the terrain and importing more models. I can proudly say that i got every single imported model to work perfectly by now.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. You shouldn't write everything that's already in the Quest Log on the screen. Just tell the player to read the Quest Log instead.
  2. Descriptions in Deutsch: Ankh of Reincarnation, Health Stone, Arcane Scroll, Periapt of Vitality, tomes, Robe der Weisen +10 (Robe of the Magi?), Erweiterter Zauberfoliant der Seelen (Grimoire of Souls?), Frostguard, Firehand Gauntlets, Enchanted Shield, Shield of Honour, Searing Blade, Warsong Battle Drums, Spellbook of Masters, Buch der magischen Rüstung, Buch der magischen Kräfte, Ancestral Staff, Helm of Battlethirst, Stiefel von Quel'thalas +10, Bloodfeather's Heart, Arcanite Shield, Gloves of Spell Mastery, Shadow Orb, Scepter of Healing, Horn of Clouds, Shaman Claws,
  3. Maybe you should automatically reset the camera after a door opens.
  4. Some barrels and crates are invulnerable. You should use different models for those to avoid confusion.
  5. Voodoo Doll and Druid Pouch do the same thing (attributes and all).
  6. The problem with many units in cluttered spaces is that you can't use them properly and they will just be cannon fodder.
  7. The Mountain King becomes quite powerful against normal units with Scourge Bones Chimes and Mask of Death.
  8. You could make the spells have WERTY hotkeys for faster use.
  9. I think heroes should level up indefinitely because usually you have to make the melee one stronger while the others remain pretty weak in boss fights. It's a relief you are not locked with them as in a ring.
  10. Maybe you should put the camera a bit inward while on the library entrance zone as you can't see the fight because of the arches.
  11. Spellbook of Masters does not say how much intelligence it gives.

It's pretty much an architectural masterpiece. It was improved with puzzles. Generally, it's Warcraft III material used all over. That could be improved/changed.
However not much has been added after the third boss.

Approved.
(previous review: Labyrinth of Nightmare (v8))

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 7
  1. You shouldn't write everything that's already in the Quest Log on the screen. Just tell the player to read the Quest Log instead.
  2. Descriptions in Deutsch: Ankh of Reincarnation, Health Stone, Arcane Scroll, Periapt of Vitality, tomes, Robe der Weisen +10 (Robe of the Magi?), Erweiterter Zauberfoliant der Seelen (Grimoire of Souls?), Frostguard, Firehand Gauntlets, Enchanted Shield, Shield of Honour, Searing Blade, Warsong Battle Drums, Spellbook of Masters, Buch der magischen Rüstung, Buch der magischen Kräfte, Ancestral Staff, Helm of Battlethirst, Stiefel von Quel'thalas +10, Bloodfeather's Heart, Arcanite Shield, Gloves of Spell Mastery, Shadow Orb, Scepter of Healing, Horn of Clouds, Shaman Claws,
  3. Maybe you should automatically reset the camera after a door opens.
  4. Some barrels and crates are invulnerable. You should use different models for those to avoid confusion.
  5. Voodoo Doll and Druid Pouch do the same thing (attributes and all).
  6. The problem with many units in cluttered spaces is that you can't use them properly and they will just be cannon fodder.
  7. The Mountain King becomes quite powerful against normal units with Scourge Bones Chimes and Mask of Death.
  8. You could make the spells have WERTY hotkeys for faster use.
  9. I think heroes should level up indefinitely because usually you have to make the melee one stronger while the others remain pretty weak in boss fights. It's a relief you are not locked with them as in a ring.
  10. Maybe you should put the camera a bit inward while on the library entrance zone as you can't see the fight because of the arches.
  11. Spellbook of Masters does not say how much intelligence it gives.
It's pretty much an architectural masterpiece. It was improved with puzzles. Generally, it's Warcraft III material used all over. That could be improved/changed.
However not much has been added after the third boss.

Approved.
(previous review: Labyrinth of Nightmare (v8))

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

I will continue the translation and look at the Spellbook and it's missing int. description. But i am sure that i already translated all new tomes. I am also continuing level 4. How hard was the Hydra Temple?

Level 8
I played the map, and I not think fun. But think it is good until where played. I could not solve green generator problem.

I will spotlight here that I thought:

• The summon units of spawner should not give xp or/and gold, so not can to be farming.
  • I do not like controlling several heroes.
  • I just confront the first boss, and I liked the fight.
  • Ice Revelant is giving a lot of lifesteal aura.
  • This map could have 3 player option.

Level 7
I played the map, and I not think fun. But think it is good until where played. I could not solve green generator problem.

I will spotlight here that I thought:

• The summon units of spawner should not give xp or/and gold, so not can to be farming.
  • I do not like controlling several heroes.
  • I just confront the first boss, and I liked the fight.
  • Ice Revelant is giving a lot of lifesteal aura.
  • This map could have 3 player option.
You must destroy the rocks near the generator to see the levers. Then you just have to hit the levers.

Level 7
I am preparing the Stargate system and new parts and artifacts for the latest level at the moment. I hope when level 4 is completed my map will be as great as other famous and popular RPG maps.

Last edited: