1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Labyrinth of Nightmare (v9.1)

Submitted by Zordrak
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Description:
This is a long dungeon RPG map in which you have to explore a huge ancient Labyrinth. You have to lead your minions and must ensure that your heroes survive. You start with standard heroes and some changed and improved regular spells, in the later game you will get custom spells by custom items and special places. The game has many elements of Unreal, Turok, Turok2, Zelda, Warchazers and the Wc3 Campaign. The great ancient Labyrinth deep under the Broken Isles is inhabited by Demons and Creeps and full of traps and riddles. The Alliance has sent an expedition to investigate the possible threat and to explore the Labyrinth. You have to lead the expedition through the different levels of the Labyrinth and fight against your enemies.

Credit list:
-Test, Review, Suggestions: Flour (is on Hiveworkshop), Wtii, Deepstrasz, Spasmaster, other members of Hiveworkshop
-Music: Blizzard Entertainment, Iguana Entertainment, Acclaim Entertainment, Epic Games, Digital Extremes, GT Interactive
-Models (Lord of the Rings): Olofmoleman (is here on hive)
-Models (Demon Wall): Sin'dorei300
-Map preview picture: Lord of the Rings from New Line Cinema
-Idea of some models (that will be added later): John Ronald Reul Tolkien, Akira Toriyama
The remaining artists who are still missing in my credit list will be added later when all new models are imported.

Latest Changelog (v9):
-More visibility modifiers added.
-Much terrain Improvements with more imported decoration, the Stargate rooms are for example 85% completed now.
-Many useful WoW doodads were imported.
It could be possible that some German text is still in some descriptions because i have the German version and i changed many spells and items. But i am also working on translating this.
I am constantly working on this map when i have time for this. Next i will continue the latest created level. I am also trying to fix the sound bugs since patch 1.30 (which are not caused by my map but i try to fix them). There are one or two doodads that appear without texture since 1.30 but i am also trying to fix this, or the map would have to be played on 1.28/1.29 so that these doodads look as they are supposed to be.
This time i forgot to write the new version number in the map, but i will write it next time.

Screenshots(old):
Monument1
[​IMG]

Monument2
[​IMG]

The Hiveworkshop member Flour has created a review video of an older version:

Wtii has also played an older version of this map:

Keywords:
Maze, Dungeon, Labyrinth, Spells, Artifacts, Demons, Creeps, Temple Ruins, Catacombs, Lost Forest, Ancient City, RPG, Heroes, Dark Fortress, Traps
Contents

Labyrinth of Nightmare (v9) (Map)

Reviews
Zenonoth
Just tested here's my review - Still no custom heroes, custom spells, custom items. - Still untranslated text [IMG] - Still very few shops for a Dungeon Crawler/Tomb Raider-type game - No Multiplayer - Unused terrain Overall, I'll rate this...
SpasMaster
I finally tried this after you asked me to. Expect an honest review, I won't hold back. This is (obviously) my favorite genre on which I have worked for years. I know its ins and outs better than the palm of my hand. Language: This has been going...
Next Review: [2016-06-30] [IMG][c]Rufus Moderation Note [IMG][c]Notes: Are you sure you uploaded the latest version? If so, ignore the text underneath. To be honest, I didn't see any changes terrain-wise. I didn't play it all, because I kinda...
Kino
This map really, really deserves the awaiting update status. Not one of those "its barely a map and will never be finished", but rather something that is well made in some areas, yet a little too undeveloped in others. The choice of heroes is the...
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...
deepstrasz
You shouldn't write everything that's already in the Quest Log on the screen. Just tell the player to read the Quest Log instead. Descriptions in Deutsch: Ankh of Reincarnation, Health Stone, Arcane Scroll, Periapt of Vitality, tomes, Robe der Weisen...
  1. Next Review: [2016-06-30]
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Moderation Note

[​IMG] Notes:
    Are you sure you uploaded the latest version? If so, ignore the text underneath.

To be honest, I didn't see any changes terrain-wise. I didn't play it all, because I kinda lost my flame when I saw that you still haven't fixed the german texts. I used "Iseedeadpeople" to see the terrain changes, but found nothing of notable change.

Also, I specifically told you last time that the silverkey still had german text, but it have not been changed. IU also saw that the bracer of agility have german description text.

The map description here on the hive also look the same.

to be honest, it feels like you didn't really used my review for doing any improvements, and therefore, I won't bather pointing out new ones now. All the old points still apply.

Status set to awaiting update, now with a longer waiting time, unfortuantely. If it shows that this indeed was the wrong version, the waiting time will be revoked.

Next Review: [2016-05-27]
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Review
    Map Score
    Gameplay: 10 / 30
    Aesthetics: 7 / 20
    Total: 17 / 50

Rating Chart
    45-50 5/5 Highly Recommended
    35-44 4/5 Recommended
    25-34 3/5 Useful
    15-24 2/5 Lacking
    0-14 1/5 Unacceptable

[​IMG] Gameplay
    The gameplay overall is a little monotone and repetetive, as it mostly consist of simple enemy encounters where you don't have to do a lot. It would have been fun to have custom hereoes. As it is now, the heroes does not bring anything new to the table, being only three standard units. You say in the description that they will come later, but to be honest I lost interest in the map pretty soon, as very few things were happening. As a map maker myself, I always try to make the first areas as interesting as possible, in order to catch the players interest. This does not apply to this map unfortunately.
    A good thing though is that the enemies are pretty tough, so you have to use a lot of the items you pick up in order to survive.

[​IMG] Aesthetics
    The terrain is kind of flat and uniteresting for the most, while some places look amazing. Monuments where it is clear that a great deal of work have gone into, but also uninhabited hallways and corridors. In the end, the few good areas does not cover up for the many bad ones.

The description could also use a lift, as it is pretty unappealing at the moment. Try reading a few guides on how to make it more beautiful. If I remember correctly, your old map had a quite nice description? You should try to make it look nicer.

[​IMG] Bugs
    Camera doesn't reset after switch gate puzzle.

German Texts:
    -Green fountain of health in catacombs
    -Many items such as frost guard and firehand gauntlets
    -First silver key
    -Prison boxes for footmen
    -Second zombie unit
    -

[​IMG] Summary
    There are a lot of things to improve on in this map still, and it can not yet be approved.

Old Notes
    [2016-04-16]
    Rufus:
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Moderation Note

[​IMG] Note:
    All german has still not been removed from the map.
    I suggest you take lots of advice from SpasMaster's review, firstly because he is an expert in his field of dungeon crawlers, and secondly, because a lot of things he says makes sense.

Myself, I thought the starting area was a little too tough. You might want to make that a little easier, in order to make the player feel more powerful and casues them to be more eased into the game.
    Also, the map still has some german texts in it, and as long as they are there, the map is not in accordance with the site rules.

Status once again set to Awaiting Update.

Next Review
    The first update of this map after [2016-04-25] will be reviewed again.
    Any updates before that will return the map to the Awaiting Update status.

Explaination
    This is to prevent authors from making minor updates, forcing reviewers to check them out again too soon.
    During this time, try not only to fix all issues I have mentioned in me review above, but try to see for yourself what can be improved.

Extended Waiting Time
    If all things mentioned above have not been fixed by the time I review this a second time, the map will get a longer waiting time.

Rejection
    If your map have already gone through an extended waiting time, and all things mentioned are still not fixed, the map will be rejected.​

2016-04-10
    Rufus:
    Ugh... You seemed to have had the "vanishing description" issue applied to your map. :/
    I feel you as I have had to rewrite an entire page of bb code in order to restore my projeects description.

Although, the map needs a description. And I need to check your changelog in order to see if you have fixed the issues that Ardenian already pointed out.

I remember trying this before I was a map reviewer as I thought it looked very interesting. However, all language issues must be fixed before I try it. Mistakes can be overseen and will be pointed out, however.

Update this map as soon as the description and langauge issues have been fixed.

Status must be set to Awaiting Update in the meantime.

old

14:24, 25th Mar 2016
    Ardenian: An interesting approach of a RPG/dungeon crawler map.
    However, our map submission rules state that all content has to be available in English
    ( map description, loading screen description, text messages).
    Please translate all custom texts to English or provide an English version simultaneously ( first one prefered).

The heroes are generic default WC3 heroes, why no custom heroes ?
    You could also think about the concept of Tank-Caster-Damage Dealer when choosing heroes.

The gameplay is most of the time a hack'n'slash.
    For the
    puzzle with the switches,
    some more time until the zombies reach you could be a good idea

The major part of the map should not be empty,
    please either re-size the map or add additional content filling that space.

Some more doodads, little ones, maybe imported, could improve the map,
    especially building and construction parts.

19:12, 6th Apr 2016
    Ardenian:
    Please add a changelog tab to the map description here and a version number to
    the map file itself.
    Please wrap hidden tags around the screenshot.

Re-name factions from German to English, please.
    Please cut away map space you don't use.

When the stone opens, that gate where you ened to step on the tiles,
    the gameplay should not just continue. I lost the game because I could not
    control my heroes anymore/ the camera bugged

The command 'g' is also very cheaty. You can teleport your Archmage
    if he is in danger. You might want to add a check if he is in combat.

2. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here comes the credit list:
    Test, Review, Suggestions: Flour, some members of Hiveworkshop
    Music: Blizzard Entertainment, Iguana Entertainment, Acclaim Entertainment, Epic Games, Digital Extremes, GT Interactive
    Models (Lord of the Rings): Olofmoleman (is here on hive)
    Models (Demon Wall): Sin'dorei300
    Map preview picture: Lord of the Rings from New Line Cinema
    Idea of models and ingame units: John Ronald Reul Tolkien

Here are also the keywords:
    Labyrinth, Nightmare, Maze, Dungeon, Broken Isles, Monuments, Forests, Catacombs, Cities, Palaces, Fortress, Alliance, Demons, Might, Magic, Powers, Abilities, Items, Artifacts, Units, Enemies, Armies, Dark Lord, Labyrinth Keepers, Temples, Pyramids, keys, War, Creeps, Undead, RPG, Treasures, Art, Levels, Heros, Bosses.

If you want to see some pictures of my map just watch this review video (Is an older version):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qraaAlBmcZU

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  3. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try to avoid multiple-posting. Put this information in the map description, also add some screenshots to attract more audience. You can also use a youtube tag so that people can watch the video right on damand without copying the link.

4. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is also absolutely bug free. Some ingame Hints are still in German but i will translate them also soon. But all important informations are in English in the quest window. I also want to improve the item storage system. In some traps it could be abused.

I tried to add the new informations in the description but then i would have to upload the map again. Thats why i add new informations below in extra posts. I am not so good in this kind of presentation.:goblin_yeah:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  5. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just don't post several times in a row, use EDIT post function and delete other posts, merge it into one.

You don't have to reupload the map, just click UPDATE, do the editing part and save it without uploading the map. This way map will remain the same, just description will change.

6. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To see some pictures of the map watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qraaAlBmcZU&list=PLFvJOrxXYBMK69k-JcmG1xBTWJbBTjV4_&index=1

7. bear_369

bear_369

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How about putting that video in the map description?
    It will be awful if someone didn't noticed it on this one.

8. Mathayis

Mathayis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh hey! I just tested your map a bit :D It seems like a really neat project so far :)
    unfortunately I didn't understand the language though, I only speak English.

But I was looking around your map, and it looked really cool! I especially love how that library area looked!

Nice work friend :D

9. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Many things in progress

The quest window is in English, all necessary informations are written there. There is still a lot of free space in the map, but this is now so that i can add more levels and buildings from time to time. The map isn't complete yet. I will soon create first parts of the Lost Forest.

10. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is realy hard, i rly give up after playing 20+ minutes, bcs its to hard, i just lost all my army.

11. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You must use the abilities and items and when your footmen die it doesn't matter, you get new units after a while. And your heros are enough for fighting regularly.

12. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Dude, why is your map in another language and what are you going to do with the plain terrain? Btw, the rest looks very nice!

13. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then play it.:psmile:

14. tyci

tyci

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The terraining and doodad placement is really well done. The map is difficult but thats not a bad thing you just have to save the game often and be patient, so thats nice. Two things that are annoying though:
    1) The corridors are very tight and you give a lot of units for the player, so they fight in pairs while the others are in the back watching.
    2) While the main info in the quest log in english, sometimes there is a puzzle and you get a hint in german, which is supposed to help but since Deutsch isnt my first language it made it a bit of a problem

Overall, the map is very nice, no bugs that i could find, but you have to change the language because maps in other languages arent approved on the Hive. Keep up the good work!

15. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am just translating the map, and i added some things in the beginning to make the game easier. There are some tight corridors, but others are wider, that makes the Labyrinth more diversified.

16. Inconnou

Inconnou

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map is hard but that changes from all the easy maps. But it is a bit repetitive. Btw, I'm worse than the youtuber :(

17. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In the last update i made the beginning a bit easier, but there will come a lot of variety after some minutes of gameplay.

18. Inconnou

Inconnou

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've went to the zone where you meet the first hydras, right after the murloc eternal spawning.
    When I reached murlocs, I thought it might be cool to get a bit of XP by going back to the entrance where only two mobs can pass. But that strategy proved to be stupid, I was then stuck fighting endless armies so I had time to level up 3 times before I passed that zone lol. Then after I was bored :D
    And I didn't replay WC3 for several weeks but when I'll want to play again, I might replay this map.

19. Please add a change log to the map description and a version number to the uploaded map