• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joining the Texturing Contests - A decade too late!

Level 25
Well, seeing how I'm actually continuing to doodle, I might as well post the progress here. Updating the main post as soon as #31 has concluded.

Texturing Contest #31 Repurposing (Custom-Made Model)

WIP 3

WIP 2

Gurubashi Headhunter

TrollBeastmaster_WIP3.png

Almost done. Very minor changes and barely visible; which is a sign that it's either time to stop or start remaking things that you aren't happy with instead. Tried to add a gradient Team Color from the hair, but I just can't get it to look good. It just turns into a blob instead. And I have to go back a few steps and export the portrait model as well. Forgot that the portrait model isn't the same as the in game one, so it's a bit scuffed at the moment.

I know there's a bunch of places to improve, but my smooth brain after all these years of inactivity really can't muster much more than this.
Gurubashi Headhunter

TrollBeastmaster_WIP2.png

I guess this counts as the first WIP.

I'm not going to berate Cavman for really strange unwraps dating back to the late 00's, but it sure is strange. Heck, the entire model is a tad bit confusing upon closer inspection. But that's nothing new when it comes to WC3 and old models.

And I realized that I've never painted fur before, so I've no idea how that's going to turn out, or if just flat shading it will be enough to sell the illusion. And I've no idea what to do with the TC, I'll probably just let the hair act as a gradient or something.

And don't ask me what the heck is going on with the arm and leg wraps, I just needed something to break up the monotony with.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well, seeing how I'm actually continuing to doodle, I might as well post the progress here. Updating the main post as soon as #31 has concluded.

Texturing Contest #31 Repurposing (Custom-Made Model)

WIP 3

WIP 2

Troll Beastmaster

Almost done. Very minor changes and barely visible; which is a sign that it's either time to stop or start remaking things that you aren't happy with instead. Tried to add a gradient Team Color from the hair, but I just can't get it to look good. It just turns into a blob instead. And I have to go back a few steps and export the portrait model as well. Forgot that the portrait model isn't the same as the in game one, so it's a bit scuffed at the moment.

I know there's a bunch of places to improve, but my smooth brain after all these years of inactivity really can't muster much more than this.
Troll Beastmaster

I guess this counts as the first WIP.

I'm not going to berate Cavman for really strange unwraps dating back to the late 00's, but it sure is strange. Heck, the entire model is a tad bit confusing upon closer inspection. But that's nothing new when it comes to WC3 and old models.

And I realized that I've never painted fur before, so I've no idea how that's going to turn out, or if just flat shading it will be enough to sell the illusion. And I've no idea what to do with the TC, I'll probably just let the hair act as a gradient or something.

And don't ask me what the heck is going on with the arm and leg wraps, I just needed something to break up the monotony with.
heck yeah baby TROLL TIGER MOMMY