• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
Hmm.
How about...

You have basic items(attribute-boosters, armor, damage, HP, mana and whatnot) and you have recipes that can be used to turn multiple basic or even more advanced items into much better items(so basic recipes), but you can also socket all items with "Reputation Gems"(sounds better than just 'Rep' imo, and really, that's the other nickname we're giving to rep around here, is it not? Like "I didn't get my first rep gem" and such), some of them being basic like "increases the item's effect by 10%" or "adds 5 damage" or "adds 1 armor" or so, and some of them, that you will need to get special gem-recipes to get, are more advanced like life-steal and etc. And each item will have 1-2 slots for gems. It will be balanced considering every player can get it.

Also, Daily Peon members... You group is completely made for fun, there is no good for WC3 modding coming out of it, you may be having fun and all and think your group is important but the sad truth is that it's completely useless. Not to mention it probably slows down the servers, considering you got like 700 images uploaded there.

Level 27
Also, Daily Peon members... You group is completely made for fun, there is no good for WC3 modding coming out of it, you may be having fun and all and think your group is important but the sad truth is that it's completely useless. Not to mention it probably slows down the servers, considering you got like 700 images uploaded there.
You're just jealous. Daily Peon actually helps immproving the terraining skills to it's members, meaning Daily Peon can immprove overall map quality of it's members. End of story and I don't want continuing this talk here, if you want we can talk about it in VMs.

Actually socket recipes sound awesome. And why only recipes? You could actually upgrade your Reps by killing other users or have them dropped when killed. That would be quite intresting since it's more riskier than recipes, less Dota-ish (We don't want another dota clone, don't we?) and we have an Arena in real Hive where users challenge each other loosing/wining rep, right?

Level 11
If someone else mentions Daily Peon in here, that post will be removed!!

As for that, I suggested that killing an enemy hero gives you a stronger socket. That way more competitive game-play is enforced.

Level 25
As for that, I suggested that killing an enemy hero gives you a stronger socket. That way more competitive game-play is enforced.

I can already see it, a group of 5 composed of strong DPS and nuke chars just going through the map killing enemy champs in order to get even stronger.

"The rich get richer." is a thing i wouldn't like to see in this map.

For the idea of sockets upgrading through kills i strongly vote no.

Also just for teh lulz:

Daily grunt.

Level 11
That thing happens in dota too. We can decide on the power of the socket and stuff based on how much dps did you do and such.

Level 11
I just said DotA, but in all AoSs, players group up, sometimes even up to 5, and go gank lone heroes. Its how it ease. Stop yelling at every mention of DotA, or don't comment at all.

Level 25
I just said DotA, but in all AoSs, players group up, sometimes even up to 5, and go gank lone heroes.

Im not talking about that.

Im talking about the "rich get richer" philosophy.
Meaning an early 2-3 kills will ensure you only pile up more kills.

We should aim to make this map as balanced as possible, sure killing enemy heroes should be encouraged but i think it already is encouraged enough(less heroes in teamfights, gold and bonus experience).

Level 27
If someone else mentions Daily Peon in here, that post will be removed!!

You forgot to mention Daily SCV and Circle of Infinity. Or even better, make a rule that there won't be any social group item stuff and don't even mention the social groups...

No, my suggestion with upgrading sockets was like this: as all know, here at THW you can challenge another Hiver. If you win, you get some rep, if loose, he gets rep and you loose it. So what about a thing that you can challenge another user for a duel, if he agrees you both decide what socket you'll fight for, then both pay half of the socket price and who wins gets it.
But that probably should go to ideas, not items thread...

One more item idea: thrusty old shield. It's an item that can't be used but has charges. See, when you recieve some magical or normal damage, the shield takes that damage on self, leaving you uninjured, but when the charges are over, shield is destroyed.

Level 25
No, my suggestion with upgrading sockets was like this: as all know, here at THW you can challenge another Hiver. If you win, you get some rep, if loose, he gets rep and you loose it. So what about a thing that you can challenge another user for a duel, if he agrees you both decide what socket you'll fight for, then both pay half of the socket price and who wins gets it.

NO

You forgot to mention Daily SCV and Circle of Infinity. Or even better, make a rule that there won't be any social group item stuff and don't even mention the social groups...

Stop being pesky.

One more item idea: thrusty old shield. It's an item that can't be used but has charges. See, when you recieve some magical or normal damage, the shield takes that damage on self, leaving you uninjured, but when the charges are over, shield is destroyed.

I don't like the self destruct part. Imo i would never buy an item that won't last long unless it is a potion.

Iteam ideas:

What about potions that give unique skills?
Like +X% move speed or +Y% attack speed?

Would be fun to have potions as one of the major factors of the game, not just for healing.

Level 11
Yes, but thews are all consumables, we can make potion ideas a lot faster, so they are the least problem.
And I also disagree bout the duel. Any kind of duel.

Level 27
Well I hate duels too. Completely hate them, I was suggesting it only because we have an analogy here at THW (All those challenges).

Well simple potions are made easily, while more complicated and intresting ones might require as much time as non-consumeables.

One more item (dunno if anyone already came up with one like this and will it actually be useful): Lucky coin
Lucky coin gives you a chance to evade an attack and gives a small agility bonus. Can be upgraded into lucky medalion, which also gives some chance to protect from negative effect every X seconds and has even bigger agility bonus.

Level 6
In order to make all these nice items at: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...d-item-concept-submission-168339/#post1596459 , like: +15% increased mana regeneration
+15% increased health regeneration

Do I have to use triggers or, is there alot of items already to use as base items? Can't find any good "How to make an item" toturial. Thanks

I think you should check the Fountain of Health and Mana to find your answer.
Unless you mean +15% of what the hero already has of Regen.

Level 8
Hello again all item-makers, I have made some items and the triggers to make them work properly, I think... I have this problem: When I buy Recipe for Armor of Longlife that needs the Horn of Wood Spirits AND Armor of Longlife Recipe, the Armor of Longlife appear in my bag, even if its only Recipe for Horn of Wood Spirits.
  • Armor of Longlife Recipe E
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cff9900CCArmor of Longlife Recipe|r) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cff0099FFHorn of Wood Spirits|r) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type |cff9900CCArmor of Longlife Recipe|r)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type |cff0099FFHorn of Wood Spirits|r)
      • Hero - Create |cff9900CCArmor of Longlife|r and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\FeralSpirit\feralspiritdone.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  • Horn of Wood Spirits Recipe
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gem of Health
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0099FFHorn of Wood Spirits Recipe|r
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (If ((Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Gem of Health) then do (Set ItemAmount = (ItemAmount + 1.00)) else do (Do nothing))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemAmount Equal to 2.00
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cff0099FFHorn of Wood Spirits Recipe|r) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Gem of Health) from (Hero manipulating item)
          • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
          • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Gem of Health) from (Hero manipulating item)
          • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type |cff0099FFHorn of Wood Spirits Recipe|r)
          • Hero - Create |cff0099FFHorn of Wood Spirits|r and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ItemAmount = 0.00
After this bug appears, the Recipe for Horn of Wood Spirits turn into Horn of Wood Spirits without needing the two Gem of Health. Have anyone experienced this? Is it because of the ItemAmount variable? And what to do?

EDIT: Also, some of my items got abilities, but those I made don't show the "cooldown-mask", showing how long until the ability is ready again. One of the items got "Blink (Item Version)", so I set the "Stats - Actively Used: True" and "Stats - Cooldown Group: Blink (Item Version)", but it doesnt work. Anyone know how to attach the item CD to the ability of the item?
Thanks

Level 30

Icon
Item
Name
BTNSacrificialSkull.png
Sacrificial
Skull

Ability/Effect:
An Item that deals 50% physical damage to the enemy's current HP, however, lets the owner of the item to pay 30% of its current HP to activate the ability for the targeted unit or hero.

The Item type can be:
-raw material (used for recipes)
-basic item
-purchasable (it disappears when used)

Item Progress:
-within 500 casting range.
-has a 35 second cooldown to balance the item's ability to spam
-won't require mana cost to used the item

Item Requisite/Currency Cost:
-I suggest this item must be in the middle of being expensive. or can be used as an item recipe.

Pros and Cons:
[+]-useful for harassment or deal quick damage to the enemy
[+]-can escape enemy kill counts by using this item as suicide a option

[-]-you must have a beefed life points for using this as a skill spam
[-]-unsuitable to low life heroes especially for those that has abilities that pays their own life points

well this is my full detailed item suggestion. I hope this can be approved. :ap:

I have an item idea!

Berserker's Blade

Gives:
* 78 damage
* 8% chance to perform a critical strike (1.6x)
* 30% increased attack speed

* -10 armor

Active Ability:
* Focus Energy: Increases the chance to perform a critical strike from 8% to 32% for 10 seconds, but it costs health instead of mana.
-Healthcost: 150
-Cooldown: 60 or 80 (Whichever seems more balanced too you)

Upgrades: Once

After the upgrade, these are the new stats:
* 83 damage
* 12% chance to do a critical strike (1.8x)
* 50% increased attack speed

* -12 armor

Focus Energy:
Increases the chance to perform a critical strike from 12% to 48%.
-Healthcost: 225
-Cooldown: 60 or 80

Status
Not open for further replies.