• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Diverge

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My first map I made
This map is an edited blizzard map with 19 crazy heroes that have weird and strange spells and skills! You can use these to either help your team or cause some problems with the enemy!
Includes:
-multiple unique heroes
-unique shopkeeper with a strangely op item called "Axe of Azeroth"
-you spawn with 2 custom heroes
-up to 12 players (if you have 11 friends!!!)
-Funny names for heroes!
-Some are unbalanced!
-Some heroes have an upgraded version of an existing ability!
-MINELORD'S EXISTENCE

----------HEROES---------
MINELORD
PINCHY
SUPER FAERIE DRAGON
ANGRY CHILD
ULTRA OGRE
SNEAKY BANDIT
GRUNT BRUTE
STONY SUMMONER
REPENTANT
CRAZED SPIDER
MEAT INDUSTRY WORKER
DARK SINEW
THE DEFEATER
TOXIC SLUDGE
MURRLOCC
ARMORER
FROST SCORPION
SQUIDBOY
BLACK MARROW

------------------CHANGELOG------------------
UPDATE 1

-Minelord buff
-Militia now has a tooltip
-Items renamed
-Neutral hostile heroes are now in red creep camps
-Fixed the Repentant from cooking beef to creeps
UPDATE 2
-Added Frost Scorpion
-Teal now has Frost Scorpion
-Orange now has Sneaky Bandit
-Battle roar for Toxic Sludge can only be up to level 3 now
-Axe of azeroth price increased
-Angry Child no longer explodes randomly upon touching monkeys
UPDATE 3
-Squidboy is now usable
-Red now gets Squidboy
-Gray now gets Squidboy
-Super Faerie Dragon base armor nerfed
-Hurl boulder for Stony Summoner now renamed.
-Ultra Ogre now no longer spawns corn from corpses

UPDATE 4
-Black Marrow added
-Super Faerie Dragon size increased
-Super Faerie Dragon has cluster rockets instead of fan of knives
-Tavern Added
-Heroes for some teams changed spots
-Sneaky Bandit can't drink nuclear waste at 3AM

----------CREDITS----------
My Little Brother
Previews
Contents

Island Diverge (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Sorry but this a really meager edit with no real custom material but lamely reused original game stuff. Take a look at the well rated altered melee maps on the site and get some ideas and inspiration from them. Substandard. If you want more...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sorry but this a really meager edit with no real custom material but lamely reused original game stuff.

Take a look at the well rated altered melee maps on the site and get some ideas and inspiration from them.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
Sorry but this a really meager edit with no real custom material but lamely reused original game stuff.

Take a look at the well rated altered melee maps on the site and get some ideas and inspiration from them.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Attachments

• ok.png
    ok.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 5
Level 11
It's definetly an interesting map. I personally don't think it works as a melee map. Maybe embrace the randomness and turn it into something else? Maybe a Hero Wars?

There's some humour in it, though it's not really my type ("Tentickles" got a little laugh out of me, though).

Regardless of what you do with the map, I think it could benefit from some models and a few ability adjustments. For example, Squidboy could summon Squid instead of Water Elementals (though not a squid, I think there's a cute Pirate Octopus model out there somewhere that would fit your map well).

These are all just opinions and suggestions and it's up to you if you decide to use them, of course. It's just odd for me to see this kind of humour mixed in with the regular Warcraft melee.

Level 3
It's definetly an interesting map. I personally don't think it works as a melee map. Maybe embrace the randomness and turn it into something else? Maybe a Hero Wars?

There's some humour in it, though it's not really my type ("Tentickles" got a little laugh out of me, though).

Regardless of what you do with the map, I think it could benefit from some models and a few ability adjustments. For example, Squidboy could summon Squid instead of Water Elementals (though not a squid, I think there's a cute Pirate Octopus model out there somewhere that would fit your map well).

These are all just opinions and suggestions and it's up to you if you decide to use them, of course. It's just odd for me to see this kind of humour mixed in with the regular Warcraft melee.
it was intentional to make it one of the maps I made

not the best, not the worst, just one of the maps.