• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan Or Arthas V1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
PICK BETWEEN ARTHAS AND ILLIDAN YOUR CHOICES DECIDE THE FATE OF AZEROTH
THE FATE OF AZERTOH IS IN YOUR HAND (Good Luck!)
For some reason the game crashed every time at a certain time
Contents

Illidan Or Arthas V1.3 (Map)

Reviews
Daffa
Daffa the Mage Review on Illidan Or Arthas by @Wc3Bestfanalsosc2 Gameplay Okay, why with the resources speed? Peon with like 1M damage can hit buildings of enemy forces? [-3] Endurance Aura boost speed like 100x than normal, with a low price [-3] I...
twojstaryjakcie
Although I understand the premise of this map, I'm afraid that extensive work would have to be done in order for it to be approved. Firstly, the terrain variation is nonexistent -
deepstrasz
Alright, nothing has really been changed to get this out of Substandard. ========================================================= Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules) These will help make a better description...

225806.jpg

Daffa the Mage Review on Illidan Or Arthas by @Wc3Bestfanalsosc2

Gameplay
Okay, why with the resources speed?
Peon with like 1M damage can hit buildings of enemy forces? [-3]
Endurance Aura boost speed like 100x than normal, with a low price [-3]
I find Sylvanas and Varimathras helping Illidan quite... amusing, and the opening dialogue
The gameplay is quite boring, and units aren't useful, at least by a big margin, better not have the ability to train at all and just use hero all the way [-5]
89/100

Aesthetic
Let's start with map name : "Illidan Or Arthas", overused name. I suggest try to search some creative one for starters. [-5]
Even the description is making people "oh, another not good map, I'll move along" story. I recommend look for Map Description Generator [1.2] [-20]
over 70% of map terrain is empty [-25]
50/100

Bug
Author and Hive name aren't the same [-25]
There are tooltip issues, LOTS of them. I suggest start looking at every modified unit or abilities and all custom unit and abilities you made [-10]
There seems to be issues with Naga units selection circle, check it out [-4]
Endurance Aura doesn't stack [-2]
The game crashes midway, presumed due to aura or excessive amount of units [Instant Zero for Bug score]
0/100

Summary
Well, the crash just sealed the entire map. For starters, I recommend that you improve the layout, like LITERALLY. Does the snow please so much to your eyes that you let it dull like that? Next, I recommend to recheck the tooltips and make the gameplay less monotonous. I can feel AoS and Melee essence, but they're far from interesting for newcomers and the balance tilt too much to AoS aspect. You should remove melee aspects of the game OR make them more viable (faster production for players OR more power etc etc).

Score
139/300
46(.33)/100
2(.3)/5
VOTE FOR SUBSTANDARD UNTIL MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS

Level 3

225806.jpg

Daffa the Mage Review on Illidan Or Arthas by @Wc3Bestfanalsosc2

Gameplay
Okay, why with the resources speed?
Peon with like 1M damage can hit buildings of enemy forces? [-3]
Endurance Aura boost speed like 100x than normal, with a low price [-3]
I find Sylvanas and Varimathras helping Illidan quite... amusing, and the opening dialogue
The gameplay is quite boring, and units aren't useful, at least by a big margin, better not have the ability to train at all and just use hero all the way [-5]
89/100

Aesthetic
Let's start with map name : "Illidan Or Arthas", overused name. I suggest try to search some creative one for starters. [-5]
Even the description is making people "oh, another not good map, I'll move along" story. I recommend look for Map Description Generator [1.2] [-20]
over 70% of map terrain is empty [-25]
50/100

Bug
Author and Hive name aren't the same [-25]
There are tooltip issues, LOTS of them. I suggest start looking at every modified unit or abilities and all custom unit and abilities you made [-10]
There seems to be issues with Naga units selection circle, check it out [-4]
Endurance Aura doesn't stack [-2]
The game crashes midway, presumed due to aura or excessive amount of units [Instant Zero for Bug score]
0/100

Summary
Well, the crash just sealed the entire map. For starters, I recommend that you improve the layout, like LITERALLY. Does the snow please so much to your eyes that you let it dull like that? Next, I recommend to recheck the tooltips and make the gameplay less monotonous. I can feel AoS and Melee essence, but they're far from interesting for newcomers and the balance tilt too much to AoS aspect. You should remove melee aspects of the game OR make them more viable (faster production for players OR more power etc etc).

Score
139/300
46(.33)/100
2(.3)/5
VOTE FOR SUBSTANDARD UNTIL MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS

Well I would say that the description is bad, but good because the game crashes midway playing

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Alright, nothing has really been changed to get this out of Substandard.

=========================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!