1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Did Illidan Die or got Injured by Arthas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doodi, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Here's what happaned

Firstly, Illidan is weaker than Arthas. No question about that

Illy is only level 53, while the combination of Arthas and Ner'Zul is level 60. Though at this time Arthas and Ner'Zul weren't merged, the close proximitry of the two would have made Arthas very strong

Secondly, Maiv is dead. She has become a Spirit of Vengence, obsessed with capturing Illidan. She will never stop being a Spirt of Vegence until she has killed Illidan. She is an immortal spirit basically

Thirdly, Illy's buddies are all on Draenor. They must have openned another portal to get back to Draenor

So, what do we know from this?

1. Illidan, despite being a half-demon elf, is not stronger than Arthas. Infact, he probably is, but Arthas had the power of Ner'Zul behind him, which proved too much for Illidan
    2. Arthas saw Illidan as so pathetic, that he didn't kill him
    3. Arthas merged with Ner'Zul. Neither Arthas nor Ner'Zul exists now, rather a being who is both of them yet neither exists, and he is called the Lich King, and is THE most powerful thing on Azeroth at this time
    4. Illidan and his group returned to Draenor. Illidan was most likely punished for his failure by Kil'Jaden, and then left to continue doing whatever it is that he does on Draenor
    5. Maiv somehow died, and has become a Spirit of Vegence, who will track down Illidan until she kills him

2. Teppana

Teppana

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah, so you're saying; Arthas lives and Illyelf gets killed sooner or later

3. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No

Illy is still alive. If he dies later, then I wouldn't know

I just know that Maiv isn't gonna get at him. He probably has an entire guard system around his fortress to protect him

4. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They fought in the middle of an ice glacier that is damn cold, Arthas had a full armor and all warm stuff, while poor Illidan was half naked :D

Anyway is there a book or an official source of information about how the story will continue? Coz i'm really curious... (Perhaps WoW has some clues about it, but i don't play WoW and chances are low that i will play it because of the monthly fee)

5. Doodi

Doodi

Resources:
    Resources:

Hmm Thats cool... But i dont like that Maiev!!! & Im sure she'll keep failing on killing Illidan! (Maiev sounds like Rui Hehehhehhehe! Hey sorry im just joking!!!) I bet Arthas will Lose in the end hehehehehehehe! Oh & the last battle was truly Unfair!!! Like wat Pyrodactyl said Illidan was half naked while Arthas was Fully Armored, which makes Arthas a Winner!!!

6. Teppana

Teppana

Resources:
    Resources:
    Illy lose for his own stupidity, no one forced him to go there in biting cold winter half naked!

7. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It has nothing to do with them being half naked or wearing armour

Illy, as a half demon, is immune to cold. Having less clothing on would be better, as it would make him more agile

What it has to do with is which ever one of them had the big powerful former orc sitting right behind them transferring power to them

8. blademasterEXO

blademasterEXO

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think Illidan is slain, that sharp egde of Frostmourne forged with dark powers of the lich king should have killed him.

9. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Metzen said he's alive

Metzen writes the Warcraft lore

Therefore, he is alive

10. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The half naked thingy was just a joke... I think Illidan was too self-confident, he thought it will be easy to defeat Arthas, but he underestimated his opponent.

As far as i know Illidan has returned to the Outland (i think he'll have a nice "conversation" with Kil'jaeden) i read it on some WoW page.

11. Doodi

Doodi

Resources:
    Resources:

Hmmm But Armor is very important in battles, hehehehehe!!! I think u should go Half naked & fight Arthas if u like!

12. Teppana

Teppana

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would go battle against arthas totally naked, he would get distracted by my beauty

...it could happen!

13. boomwolf

boomwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    i bet illidan is really upset on kael and the naga girl as ush the demon upset on him (i am bad at names)...
    after all thay came there to help him fight arthas and the werent even there...i think if thay two was there illidan would win...its a lot harder to fight 3...arthas could not take the rist of giving that finish attack on illidan if the outer two were there...he had no chance of getting away from sure death by them if he made that strick...if keal and the naga girl were there arthas had to be much more protective and therefor less agressive...

anyway in the campaigen i am starting to make illidan did survive...and got some new people to work for him...(and thay will win if you will be a good player-or cheater...lol...)

14. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nope, in fact he isn't distracted with naked abomination walking around. :twisted:

15. Cold-Voice

Cold-Voice

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, wasn't Illidan stronger than Arthas in during that last battle? I mean, during the entire WCIII TFT Undead Campaign wasn't Arthas getting weaker and weaker the whole way through? I don't know, it's been months since I have played that game, but I seem to remember cursing at my monitor because of my level one arthas getting owned during that last level over and over...

Oh, and Illidan is the strongest hero, in WoW. That reason is because Arthas isn't in WoW, yet. And Undead can be heros, they're just evil heros.

16. orcfan32

orcfan32

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He was weakened because of the leak in the Lich King's cell, but now that Arthas and the Lich King are one, Arthas *probably* regained his strength.

And BTW, Doodi, can you change your avatar to something else besides Takuya? That thing is driving me nuts.

17. XXZoMBiEXX

XXZoMBiEXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was the one that made that cinematic how it was cause Illidan was my favorite charcter(so he was whith the ENTIRE blizzard staff).Right now there when Northrend is complete,Im gonna make another fight like it (as a rematch) and you might,might not fight Arthas(lichKing).After hes gone,You can probily take his sword which is uber.You just have to wait and see...

18. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You are so not a Blizzard employee

Any Blizzard employee would be smart enough to know that the Lich King is freaken unstopable and cannot be killed

And you didn't make the cinimatic. I can go and ask Xaran to ask Metzen who made the cinimatic, but yeah

19. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    and all blizzard emplyoyees are grammar-happy.

20. Shadowy Crafter

Shadowy Crafter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh! Yes! They are!

Anyway, here's what I think that happened. Illy isn't dead, I believe :? . Kael and Vashj took him to Outland (before he died, even he wasn't dead he had a really bad injure in his chest or guts can't remember exactly :p ) to heal him (maybe with some Draenei help :?: ) and then get the hell out of there before Kil'jaeden burn them alive!!!!! Or do the same thing he did with Ner'zhul (before turning him into the Lich King, of course)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.