• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does Illidan flies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well I and some friends were discussing about the war3 history of the campaing and well... in the last chapter of TFT after u win u know that theres a fight with Arthas against Illidan.. right so u know when Illidan jumps and opens his wings and after that he gets cutted by Arthas Frostmoune so THERE WE HAVE DISCUSSED FOR SOME DAYS in that part Illidan flies or simply jumps REALLY I think he jumps only but my friends dont understand :roll: if he could fly then he would do so in the game BUT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND DAMN :? so tell me what u think HE DOESNT FLIES and thats what I say its because its obvious...

Level 25
He hovers slightly. Because he's a bloody idiot

Flying implies going forward at a speed, hovering is staying still. There's no way that was an ordanary jump, and it wasn't flying, hence I'm staying in the middle and calling it "Hovering"

Level 45
yes, blowing winds..lifted illidan making him hover backwards(last time i say the scene)

since illidan was hovering he could not evade arthas's mighty swipe, thus making illidan a...idiot*
once illidan was in the air, the air was hes directional..thing*.

if he was flying, then he'd would have lived(or not gotten hurt if he did live) because he could have dodged arthas.

Level 2
well, if he wants to fight, he musn't fly. flying/retreating is for cowards.
it's a fantasy world, archers could jump from trees to trees if there would be a movie about warcraft.
or maybe its just there for design.
deers uses their horns for something, for battle, what does illidan uses his horns for? open beer cans?

CyborgCatOfSpinningDoom11 said:
it's a fantasy world, archers could jump from trees to trees if there would be a movie about warcraft.
or maybe its just there for design.
deers uses their horns for something, for battle, what does illidan uses his horns for? open beer cans?
How is that relevant to ANYTHING we just talked about in this WHOLE FOREM!?

Level 3
Lol, Yeah, where the hell did that stuff about archers and trees come from ?

And to answer the question, no I don't think he can fly,hes probably too heavy and if you look at the way humans are shaped compared to , say, birds we're not streamlined at all. :p

Level 5
Lol yeah I also dreadlords should fly dont u think? :lol: :lol: I never thought that speaking about this... stupidity :lol: would leave some replies :D thx all and know my friends have to say that he doesnt flies because of all ur replies

Level 25
Dreadlords can fly. I have a sneaking suspicion that they used to be able to fly back in beta, because there's a place for a soundset called "HeroDreadlordAlternate", and one of their quotes hints to it as well

But lorewise, they can fly

Level 25
Werewulf said:
in each race in beta, there was a flying hero.
NE:Rides owl
Orc:Farseer on wyvern
Human:im not sure, i think it was a giant eagle
Undead:Dreadlord

they didnt have them cuz well, they would be too uber,

The human one, to my knowledge, was the Gryphon Rider

Check out the names of its bones. There's a fair few "Hero" ones, which leads me to believe that it was the human flying hero

Level 5
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol yeah thx storm now the forum says illidan doesnt flies but THERES A MODEL THAT CAN... OMG well it looks like we are undecided here but still ILLIDAN CANT FLY well at least in the game and in the campaign NO :roll:

Level 3
1. just in the movie scene he hovers, because the wind caught his wings
2.how he uses his wings?? i think like dreadlords,dragons, etc.
3.look mecheons first quote, he is right, end of story :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Level 5
Ok now everything that has wings can fly :?: :? Illidan is like an ostrich, it has wings BUT IT CANT FLY :lol: oh cmon and how that comes of the flying doom guard? it doesnt means it can fly just because of having wings like I said previously 8)

Level 25
Doom Guards can fly, Natherezium can fly and Ereder can fly. Ereder don't have wings

Therefore, Ereder must fly by magic

Illidan's wings are simular to those of a Natherezium, who can fly. At that, he's the greatest mage Azeroth has seen

Therefore, Illidan is able to fly. Whether by magic or by his wings, Illidan can fly

Level 3
dudeofwar said:
Ok now everything that has wings can fly :?: :? Illidan is like an ostrich, it has wings BUT IT CANT FLY :lol: oh cmon and how that comes of the flying doom guard? it doesnt means it can fly just because of having wings like I said previously 8)

read the "war of the ancients" books by blizzard, there is WRITTEN that doomguards can fly

so, if such a FAT DEMON CAN FLY, i am sure that illidan can fly too
besides if his wings wouldnt be strong enough, he surely would improve them with magic, so i think everything is discussed and this topic can be closed??
someone who doesnt think so here???

Level 5
:cry: :cry: ok but but.... :cry: :cry: :cry: oh well I dont know.... its because I NEVER SAW HIM FLY and if u say that stuff from the books, then Im defeated, ok well at least IN THE GAME he cant fly, but by other means yes ok :?: thx for the replies guys at and remember that in game he cant :!: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.