• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Did Illidan Die or got Injured by Arthas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Rui said:
No. Illidan didn't die. After facing Arthas and failing to stop him, he returned to Outland. I wanna see what Kil'jeaden is gonna say :mrgreen:

-Rui

In the beginning, when i beat the campaign i thought illidan was injured & was killed by kil'jaeden! But thx goodness! He's Alive btw illidan is one of my favourite Characters!

Level 10
i like illidan too. only because hes a demon hunter. but i hate the wings and the horns after that. it just looks bulky to me. no offense.

Level 8
By the way, Daelin, the cinimatic just proves he's not the strongest hero. If Arthas can damage Illidan that much, then I'd say that Arthas could have easily finished him off. Of course, if they ever make Wc4, they are probably goind to give Illidan some super-power and allow him to kill Arthas...why can't the Undead EVER win? It's just not realistic... =P

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The undead were kicking the other races' ass but the naga decided to put an end to this. Alongside with the Blood Elves. I hope wc4 comes soon. But do you imagine how much time does it takes to make a game like warcraft? :p I wonder if it still comes in 3D.

-Rui

Level 11
orcfan32 said:
By the way, Daelin, the cinimatic just proves he's not the strongest hero. If Arthas can damage Illidan that much, then I'd say that Arthas could have easily finished him off. Of course, if they ever make Wc4, they are probably goind to give Illidan some super-power and allow him to kill Arthas...why can't the Undead EVER win? It's just not realistic... =P

Arthas used map hack and killed him in one hit.
These things should be left for blizzard to decide...not us...no one at blizzard cares about us.

Level 25
Arthas on his own wasn't the strongest

Now that he merged with his buddy, Ner'Zul, he has a power rating in the 60s

When you consider that all an above-average person can get is 20, and that Illy is 53, Mal'Furion is 54 (Therefore Mal'Furion is twice as strong as Illy) and that the only thing more powerful on Azeroth than the Lich King is Elune (Power: 300 O______O)...

Yeah. The Lich King is strong

Level 1
i think Illyidan was killed by Arthas cause the slash on Illidan's chest would of killed him though

btw orcfan32: WoW is wc4 just to let u no LOL

Level 7
Illidan cant die by a slash! Hes a Lvl 10 Demon!!! He always gets slashed ingame hehehehehh!!! I used illidan & some ppl 2 destroy Master Of Pain in the last stage! Imagine how many slashes he got! I know the point of the last cinamatic, Just 2 make us feel confused & start wondering if he died or not! Hehehehheehheheeh I guarantee hes still alive! :wink:

Level 5

k 1st of all, Illidan did not die since u do not c him actully die. Second, Illidan IS the strongest hero and theres two tteasons for Arthas being able to defeat him. 1. Illidan is/was half elf so he could feel the freezing winds and he must have been exhausted after wandering around it the snow. 2. Arthas is no hero sinc ehe is the lich kings servant and therefore he is evil and not a hero.

yet i always wondered atleast two things bout that ending. First is, wheres keal and the warden when the fight happens???

second. what happens to the naga??

Level 7
This is my guess:
1-Maiev returned to Ashenvale & reported her failure!
2-Kael & Vashj fleed 2 Kalimdor with Illidan of course because of two reasons: 1-Lordaeron is full of the scourge 2-Humans & Orcs can be friendly!!!
I think Vashj & Kael & illidan allied with the Orcs or Humans & then fought the Undead!!!
& I dunno the rest! hehehehheheh...

Level 7
Shut Up! I know exactly wats WoW!!! Everybody knows what Wat WoW is!!! Uhh comon man! Uhh the part about knowing WoW is right but i didnt play it yet ill soon have it heehhehehehehehheheheheeeeeee!!!!

Level 7
damn you Doodi, you heehhehehehehehheheheheeeeeee!!!! too much :evil:

if you don't stop it, I'll start cry, and tell my ma and slit your throat; no more heehee's then, I suppose.

Level 25
Here's what happaned

Firstly, Illidan is weaker than Arthas. No question about that

Illy is only level 53, while the combination of Arthas and Ner'Zul is level 60. Though at this time Arthas and Ner'Zul weren't merged, the close proximitry of the two would have made Arthas very strong

Secondly, Maiv is dead. She has become a Spirit of Vengence, obsessed with capturing Illidan. She will never stop being a Spirt of Vegence until she has killed Illidan. She is an immortal spirit basically

Thirdly, Illy's buddies are all on Draenor. They must have openned another portal to get back to Draenor

So, what do we know from this?

1. Illidan, despite being a half-demon elf, is not stronger than Arthas. Infact, he probably is, but Arthas had the power of Ner'Zul behind him, which proved too much for Illidan
2. Arthas saw Illidan as so pathetic, that he didn't kill him
3. Arthas merged with Ner'Zul. Neither Arthas nor Ner'Zul exists now, rather a being who is both of them yet neither exists, and he is called the Lich King, and is THE most powerful thing on Azeroth at this time
4. Illidan and his group returned to Draenor. Illidan was most likely punished for his failure by Kil'Jaden, and then left to continue doing whatever it is that he does on Draenor
5. Maiv somehow died, and has become a Spirit of Vegence, who will track down Illidan until she kills him

Level 5
Mecheon said:
Here's what happaned

Firstly, Illidan is weaker than Arthas. No question about that....

They fought in the middle of an ice glacier that is damn cold, Arthas had a full armor and all warm stuff, while poor Illidan was half naked :D

Anyway is there a book or an official source of information about how the story will continue? Coz i'm really curious... (Perhaps WoW has some clues about it, but i don't play WoW and chances are low that i will play it because of the monthly fee)

Level 7
Mecheon said:
1. Illidan, despite being a half-demon elf, is not stronger than Arthas. Infact, he probably is, but Arthas had the power of Ner'Zul behind him, which proved too much for Illidan
2. Arthas saw Illidan as so pathetic, that he didn't kill him
3. Arthas merged with Ner'Zul. Neither Arthas nor Ner'Zul exists now, rather a being who is both of them yet neither exists, and he is called the Lich King, and is THE most powerful thing on Azeroth at this time
4. Illidan and his group returned to Draenor. Illidan was most likely punished for his failure by Kil'Jaden, and then left to continue doing whatever it is that he does on Draenor
5. Maiv somehow died, and has become a Spirit of Vegence, who will track down Illidan until she kills him

Hmm Thats cool... But i dont like that Maiev!!! & Im sure she'll keep failing on killing Illidan! (Maiev sounds like Rui Hehehhehhehe! Hey sorry im just joking!!!) I bet Arthas will Lose in the end hehehehehehehe! Oh & the last battle was truly Unfair!!! Like wat Pyrodactyl said Illidan was half naked while Arthas was Fully Armored, which makes Arthas a Winner!!!

Level 7
Doodi said:
Oh & the last battle was truly Unfair!!! Like wat Pyrodactyl said Illidan was half naked while Arthas was Fully Armored, which makes Arthas a Winner!!!
Illy lose for his own stupidity, no one forced him to go there in biting cold winter half naked!

Level 25
It has nothing to do with them being half naked or wearing armour

Illy, as a half demon, is immune to cold. Having less clothing on would be better, as it would make him more agile

What it has to do with is which ever one of them had the big powerful former orc sitting right behind them transferring power to them

Level 5
The half naked thingy was just a joke... I think Illidan was too self-confident, he thought it will be easy to defeat Arthas, but he underestimated his opponent.

As far as i know Illidan has returned to the Outland (i think he'll have a nice "conversation" with Kil'jaeden) i read it on some WoW page.

Level 7
Teppana said:
Doodi said:
Oh & the last battle was truly Unfair!!! Like wat Pyrodactyl said Illidan was half naked while Arthas was Fully Armored, which makes Arthas a Winner!!!
Illy lose for his own stupidity, no one forced him to go there in biting cold winter half naked!

Hmmm But Armor is very important in battles, hehehehehe!!! I think u should go Half naked & fight Arthas if u like!

Level 7
Doodi said:
Teppana said:
Doodi said:

Hmmm But Armor is very important in battles, hehehehehe!!! I think u should go Half naked & fight Arthas if u like!

I would go battle against arthas totally naked, he would get distracted by my beauty

...it could happen!

Level 9
i bet illidan is really upset on kael and the naga girl as ush the demon upset on him (i am bad at names)...
after all thay came there to help him fight arthas and the werent even there...i think if thay two was there illidan would win...its a lot harder to fight 3...arthas could not take the rist of giving that finish attack on illidan if the outer two were there...he had no chance of getting away from sure death by them if he made that strick...if keal and the naga girl were there arthas had to be much more protective and therefor less agressive...

anyway in the campaigen i am starting to make illidan did survive...and got some new people to work for him...(and thay will win if you will be a good player-or cheater...lol...)

Level 5
Hmm, wasn't Illidan stronger than Arthas in during that last battle? I mean, during the entire WCIII TFT Undead Campaign wasn't Arthas getting weaker and weaker the whole way through? I don't know, it's been months since I have played that game, but I seem to remember cursing at my monitor because of my level one arthas getting owned during that last level over and over...

Oh, and Illidan is the strongest hero, in WoW. That reason is because Arthas isn't in WoW, yet. And Undead can be heros, they're just evil heros.

Level 2
I was the one that made that cinematic how it was cause Illidan was my favorite charcter(so he was whith the ENTIRE blizzard staff).Right now there when Northrend is complete,Im gonna make another fight like it (as a rematch) and you might,might not fight Arthas(lichKing).After hes gone,You can probily take his sword which is uber.You just have to wait and see...

Level 25
You are so not a Blizzard employee

Any Blizzard employee would be smart enough to know that the Lich King is freaken unstopable and cannot be killed

And you didn't make the cinimatic. I can go and ask Xaran to ask Metzen who made the cinimatic, but yeah

Level 5
Oh! Yes! They are!

Anyway, here's what I think that happened. Illy isn't dead, I believe :? . Kael and Vashj took him to Outland (before he died, even he wasn't dead he had a really bad injure in his chest or guts can't remember exactly :p ) to heal him (maybe with some Draenei help :?: ) and then get the hell out of there before Kil'jaeden burn them alive!!!!! Or do the same thing he did with Ner'zhul (before turning him into the Lich King, of course)

Level 7
I bet Kael was ready with a Banishment spell once Illidan had lost the fight, to make sure Arthas didn't finish him off.

Besides, the lich king did not come to existance as a merging of Arthas and Ner'zuhl (was that his name?), he was already. I'm pretty sure that Arthas gets a message from the Lich King somewhere in that last map.

Anuburak, Kael and the Naga were probably facing off somewhere else with the rest of the armies.

Oh, Frostmourne do chaothic damage?
Well, then I guess Arthas were just too busy to get in touch with the Lich King.

Level 2
Mecheon said:
You are so not a Blizzard employee

Any Blizzard employee would be smart enough to know that the Lich King is freaken unstopable and cannot be killed

And you didn't make the cinimatic. I can go and ask Xaran to ask Metzen who made the cinimatic, but yeah
Mecheon the answer is NO. The Lich King is not that strong of how you are making it sound like he is.He can be killed by the reasons.
1) EVERYTHING that Blizzard Entertainment made in their games has strengths and weaknessess.His would happen to be his sword "Frostmourne".Take it away,he becomes weak.He is only becoming stronger,because Frostmourne "devour" souls of its fallen enemies.
2) The Lich King's other weakness is his bodyless soul.He HAS to take a host(a body) so he can "live".

And Mecheon,There was not one person that created the cinematics,IT WAS 20 PEOPLE THAT HELPED WITH IT!!!

Btw Next time,get your facts straight next time.

Level 9
illidan probly got rescued by a few naga royal gaurdes

but why do all of you expect a WC4 blizzard is to lazy to even make a patch for WC3 that is good and im sure they would rather make a starcraft2 then a diablo3 then warcraft4 so just think about it getting your hopes up now for a WC4 is a stupid thing to do no offence

Level 25
So, you're objecting to everything Metzen says

Ner'Zul HAS a body, Arthas'. And now he has the Paladin and Death Knight powers that Arthas had, along with his own Shaman and Warlock powers

In the RPG, he's level 60

In the RPG, the highest a normal person can reach is 20

In the RPG, Illidan is around level 54

If you gain a level, you become twice as powerful. The Lich King is level 60. Illidan is level 54. Mal'Furion is level 55

The Lich King doesn't need Frostmourne. He has enough power on his own. The reason Arthas became so powerful with that vampiric Runeblade was because it had the power of Ner'Zul. Now that the two are one and the same, they're somewhat godlike in power and can only be defeated by something along the lines of a Titan or Old God

Last time I checked, Illidan wasn't a Titan or Old God

Get YOUR facts straight next time. I'll go and ask Xaran to sort you out as well. There's a reason we call him the Lorechief

Level 9
antihero said:
You can't get much cooler then pretending to be a blizzard employee on the internet.

Do they let 8 year olds game test.

actualy thats probly blizzards mistake cause why in the world would you add cheats to a game because little kids(roughly 5-9) always want cheats for games so blizzard probly did get an 8 year old to test it and the kid asked for cheats because he/she found it too hard to use a naga mrymidon to kill a peon

Level 3
mecheon, u always keep saying that the lich king is way stronger then anyone else... well, so was archimonde and see what hapened to him...

still it is totally stupid if illidan survived the battle... why? frostmourne was supossed to take the souls of anyone it touched

P.S. if u are from blizzard, XXZoMBiEXX, then give us a proof

Level 9
frostmorn takes souls?
well i think illidan can beat that-he dont got much of a soul anyway...he dont need a soul.infact in ROC he gave up his soul when he took the mask that turned him into a demon (in the one level you played with him)...demons got no souls...

in the end-illidan can and probebly did survive that fight...mainly because arthus didnt care if he live or die...arthus could kill illidan but simply didnt care enufe to actualy do it because he knew illidan wont be able to even harm him once he and narzul will combine...

but artuas is not undefeatable...if he grew that strong someone else can do the same thing...and malfurin and thyrand can beat him...after all thay beat archimond that was far stronger then narzul and arthas got little power by himself...

but i think that in the end something like a merfolk or a gnoll or any outer weak creep will be what will destroy artuas...it simple seems right that the weakest things will kill the strongest thing...

Level 25
Look, Mal'Furion is in the Emerald Dream. He can't go and help anyone defeat anything. He's stronger than Illidan, yes

However, Archimonde wasn't defeated by the Night Elves. Rather, it was defeated by about 10,000 wisps going BOOM!

But really, he was defeated by all of nature going against him

And Illidan survived because Arthas didn't kill him. It takes the souls of who wields it, and who is killed by it

Status
Not open for further replies.