• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Level 17
Thank you for your support ! And ! a pic of the day.
Given it is a chandelier I reckon it would be less useful for playable terraining, which is a darn shame lol because it has one of the more complex animations.

185888-albums6426-picture79593.jpg

Level 14
Thank you for your support ! And ! a pic of the day.
Given it is a chandelier I reckon it would be less useful for playable terraining, which is a darn shame lol because it has one of the more complex animations.

I'm guessing people could find ways to use it for playable terrains. Especially if you could add an additional chain model that can be placed to "lengthen" the chain on the chandelier. Anyways, the pack is looking great and is definitely appreciated by folks like me who like to use high quality models.

Level 17
Lol you can just let it hang off an invisible ceiling I guess.
Also yeah I did not think of such use before, but there is a straight chain doodad in the pack (thought it sways a bit) but when inanimate you can connect the chandelier onto it.
Also how it looks in-game. Like all the other lamps/lights it has an on/off state and an animated light node. Though the chandelier is a bit bigger than other lights so the omni light movement is a tiny bit more apparent. (though maybe not, as it is higher above the ground than the other sources too)
There are also single sconces that look the same but can be slapped onto walls.

185888-albums6426-picture79595.jpg

Level 17
The entire pack is pretty much Skyrim copy :p as in I literally run up the game and take screens of stuff.
Obviously things end up looking slightly different from time to time in order to fit into filesize/polycount/texture confines but yeah.
Not to make a deliberate Skyrim rip-off, it is just much faster to model without having to design forms on the fly and Skyrim is perfect given its massive asset library.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Oh that chandelier is going to be in my RPG, even if I have to go out of my way to add it (having to add an interior to a castle or sth along those lines).

Level 14
The entire pack is pretty much Skyrim copy :p as in I literally run up the game and take screens of stuff.
Obviously things end up looking slightly different from time to time in order to fit into filesize/polycount/texture confines but yeah.
Not to make a deliberate Skyrim rip-off, it is just much faster to model without having to design forms on the fly and Skyrim is perfect given its massive asset library.

No arguments here. There are a lot of people (myself included) that would love to be able to make terrains look as beautiful as Skyrim. So the fact that you have models that can make that semi-possible is really amazing. I agree with Keiji, you are a great asset.

Level 17
Sup, tiny teaser update of some of the other finished models. There is also variants of similar things (a variant of cupboards that looks similar to shelvings but with drawers) and other stuff.
The round table thing is a sample of the third furniture tier (rough, wood, studded wood) which will also come with the usual pieces (drawers, end tables, shelves) the designs are based on Skyrim's furniture from Solitude and similar high-profile spots.

185888-albums6426-picture80145.jpg

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

This is great, looking fantastic thus far, can't wait for release!.

Level 17
Sometime later this week, or maybe early next week. The two other theme backs shortly after.
Shire, yes definitely. I had minor issues with animations initially but they are fixed now. Shire will contain continental and sub arctic environment at first, your usual trees (leaved and needled) bushes rocks and such. A lot like the environment in skyrim but with a bigger variety of leaved trees and also some basic generic cave/mine stuff.
Later I may add a bunch of more specific themes like tropical/magical/tainted/desert environment or something like that.

Some of the models are also slightly different than the models you are used to. In order to compress the texture sizes but offer high variation, I made some of the foliage models grayscale and you can color them either in the editor, or by playing different animations in game. To further the variations but stick to the lower texture sizes most is composed of small textures that can be "dyed" separately. Eg you can have orange leaves and blue flowers while the branches are unaffected by color, just as you can have green leaves and yellow flowers or purple leaves and green flowers.

Last edited:
specific themes like tropical/magical/tainted/desert environment
Tainted? Whoa. I'm already listening!
you can have orange leaves and blue flowers while the branches are unaffected by color, just as you can have green leaves and yellow flowers or purple leaves and green flowers.
that sounds cool. I always wanted variations like that.

Good luck Talavaj.

"___" "___" "___" I'm gonna watch you until you do release them XD

Level 17
Yeah, something like dark-purplish toned trees with pulsating sacks on them ? maybe giving off some smogey aura, while magic trees could for example emit light and particles ? or cycle through a rainbow coloration on their leaves ?

Also here are the three sets of rocks that I designed so far. They show the snow versions, that is made with super low filesize (10kb) pure white texture that uses height map of the default texture for transparency.
It is identical to skyrim volumetric snow. It also "melts away" seamlessly in the same fashion.
I'll show a video of the function later.

Here is the video. It's accelerated though, the usual transition is about 3 times slower.

185888-albums6426-picture80183.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

This is so so awesome. Making a map's aesthetics cohesive should be much easier with these as the transition between normal and snowy landscape will be much more smooth.

Level 17
Respectively, it can use alpha blending as well. The build up will become less obvious, but it is more fitting for completely arctic areas.
Top left one is without blending, the rest is during different stages with blending.

185888-albums6426-picture80187.jpg

Level 17
Another mini update spam, reworked the old foundation tiles from modular manor because they were kinda crap.
The tiling for limestone and stone bricks looks much better now, while rough wood variant has cracked planks suspended over a fake "crawlspace" (made by simple black texture like in doors and some windows) while the regular wood foundation looks a lot like the wooden wall.
Also discontinued the old snow variants and replaced them with the ones seen below.
Though now you need one snow texture for each respective material, the difference in filesize is minimal but the snow accumulation is now much more realistic.

185888-albums6426-picture80259.jpg

Level 36
Tequilas to you!

To the devil with such poison!

But yeah, looking good, honestly I couldn't care less for the snow animation, but they're probably
cool for those it concerns. I'd just like to see the environment module pack getting released :p
I'd also love to see them furniture models, as I've got half a mind to make another terrain of one
of the scenes from the story in my sig, which would be a indoors scenery.

And, yes, still looking good.

Last edited:
Level 17
A slight update that will come with the next version of manor and kingdom, the worn wood texture getting replaced to look more realistic and more like the other types of wood. (because arguably, worn wood looked somewhat weird)
Also made new rotten wood, with patches of white and green for barnacle covered look for the uncharted waters theme pack which will contain piers, cargo, nets, racks, tents, firepits, boats and ships along some wrecked models.

185888-albums6426-picture80334.jpg

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Is there any projects on maps section which use these models? Just wondering..

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'm currently using mostly assets from this pack though I'm having some proportion issues - I haven't figured out the best scale for the buildings so yeah. I'll post some screenies once I feel they are worth showing.

Level 17
Winterleaf II did use some but it is since cancelled I think and Heinvers uses some in Tales of the Scarlet Crusade if I'm not mistaken.
I will use all of the resources in a mod of my own but it will be more of a playable terrain template to demonstrate all the features in a complete package, rather than an actual full-fledged mod.
As for the rest not sure, but is not like I browse through map development anyway.

And yeah there will be some loosely pirate resources too. I did work on some ships, but I'm yet to find a good way to make them modular. My current concept is to separate the masts, and make the bow, stern and hull interchangeable.

Level 17
Shire is fairly underway, it is not particularly time consuming as most models are fairly simple. The bigger issue is making satisfactory textures for them and I don't seem to be too great at that lol.

On another note, played around with cloth and wind in max and managed almost ! flawless looping animation of a flag in the wind. I have been wanting to make fabric based doodads for a while so I may include a few curtains, banners and carpets/fur throws if possible.

And last but not least, I also made some piers. They have animated caustics, but use a filter mode that makes them crash the viewers, so you would only be able to preview them in the game or in the editor.

185888-albums6426-picture80473.jpg

Level 17
Well, focusing on Shire and it is real fun ! Wrote down a bunch of pretty gorgeous and super imaginative ideas to make.
I'll also bundle some sfx with the pack, notably some cool emitters (like falling leaves/petals that will fall onto your water float for about 30 seconds then submerge and reappear) pollen, dust, fireflies and volumetric lights.

What are volumetric lights ? They are glows, that don't clip and behave like a volume rather than a flat plane. Color them however you want, the darker color you pick the lower glow intensity you get. The usual stuff.

185888-albums6426-picture80531.jpg

Volumetric shadows can be made the same way I suppose, shall you want shadows for whatever reason.

185888-albums6426-picture80533.jpg

Or the same way for volumetric godrays.

185888-albums6426-picture80535.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Oh these lights + some nice dense grey fog would make my project's towns so atmospheric and mesmerizing. Can't wait for the release.

Level 14
So would these volumetric lights fix problems like this

199238-albums7161-picture80540.png

199238-albums7161-picture80539.png

199238-albums7161-picture80538.png

Because that would be really great. Also could they be used as an attachment to create a light radius around the units?

Level 17
No, they can't serve as a replacement for conventional lighting.
They are just volumetric effects to simulate light passing in three dimensional medium like fog/water/dust.
You still need omni lights for actual light if you are using black dnc for example.

Level 14
Oh I see, well it still sounds like something I would want to use. I'll be utilizing this pack for sure. Keep up the good work!

Level 2
I downloaded S&S Modular Kingdom, imported the individual models (just the ones that said HMF, because i didnt know what the other ones were), and I did all the stuff i was supposed to do, but for some reason the models just appear as green checkered boxes.
If you could help me out and point out some obvious things that i missed, it'd be great.

I downloaded S&S Modular Kingdom, imported the individual models (just the ones that said HMF, because i didnt know what the other ones were), and I did all the stuff i was supposed to do, but for some reason the models just appear as green checkered boxes.
If you could help me out and point out some obvious things that i missed, it'd be great.

Save and quit the WE.

Level 2
I said that i did everything needed to load a model, so apparently i did do that.
=/ this pack looks awesome and i really want to use it for my new project, but i need help!
[EDIT]
What a fool i was! I forgot to import the corresponding skins! Hehe, thanks for making such a awesome pack, Talavaj!

Last edited: