• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How did you get to THW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I check here regularly just to see whats going on. But the activity is slowing down as Warcraft 3 slowly dies by disease called New-Games. It is curable however that would require blizzard to get off their lazy ass and update the bloody game, adding mouse tracking, and custom UI. But that won't happen. If this website goes down I have plenty of other ones to visit

Level 1
I herd thur wer chickenz in har.
2vs4x3k.jpg

Level 5
I make maps for my friends to play at school during ICT-class :ogre_hurrhurr: and i was searching for other models to use in my, mostly amateuristic, maps, nothing fancy but it brought me here and as soon as i saw how huge and awesome the community was i was obliged to join, i thought by myself, this is so f*cking awesome, i need and want to be part of this and here I am, still didnt do anything special :D

Level 8
It was the WC3 maps that initial brought me here. (Damn can't remember the search engine I used, Bing maybe)
Anyway I finally registered after years of downloading so I could give some input on some of the maps.
This may or may not be useful info for the staff. I'm wondering if the staff could direct me.
Is there a Hive addicts group I could attend?

I think I've got a problem.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Somewhat of a coincidence, actually. I reckon I was searching for some artwork I had seen in the demo, and I think I came across a thread here or perhaps the art section of wc3sear.ch. I didn't actually own the game when I signed up. Anyway, because I liked the art I came across here, I registered in order to show my own. From there, I took on the challenge to learn texturing (after purchasing the game - and consequently getting addicted to DotA), as it seemed like fun. Wormskull put me on my path, while Afronight_76, in particular, inspired me to get there. So, in short, I joined because of the art section. Oh, and I joined in the second half of 2004, if I recall correctly. I abandoned the site when Ralle and VGsatomi initiated the merge (Darky was long gone, rumour had it he was hooked on WoW).

I came back in 2008 to stalk my brother. I had no intention of picking up modding again, but I couldn't resist making a few skins, and then the wheel was already tumbling down the oh-so familiar path. But yeah, I'm here for the community.

I am looking for some tutorials on how to use the World Editor. I first register in WC3Campaign then someone told me there to submit my resources here in the hive. I first asked my self what is he talking about. Its hive and I don't know about it yet. Then I goggled it, and hey yah I found this site awesoooooome and feel like I'll never leave this site whatever might be. :)

Level 14
It was the WC3 maps that initial brought me here. (Damn can't remember the search engine I used, Bing maybe)
Anyway I finally registered after years of downloading so I could give some input on some of the maps.
This may or may not be useful info for the staff. I'm wondering if the staff could direct me.
Is there a Hive addicts group I could attend?

I think I've got a problem.

I too am a bit "addicted" though its not that much,and no.. there is no hive addicts group,theres just the veterans group

Level 5
google make me here
google linked up to youtube, youtube linked me to epic war, epic war linked me back to youtube again, and finally youtube linked me to here

Status
Not open for further replies.