1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

POLL: How did you discover the Hive?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 19, 2016.

?

How did you find Hive?

1. Searching for map making help / tutorials

2. Searching for maps / campaigns

3. Recommended by a friend

4. Hive affiliate / partner

5. Searching for custom models / skins / spells etc

6. Facebook / Twitter / YouTube / Discord

7. Map you played linked to Hive / hosted project

8. Other - Explain in post!

9. wc3sear.ch member

10. Mentioned online in WC3 (Clan, Lobby, Loading Screen, In-game, etc)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I found Hive when I was browsing in thehelper.net

2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heh, more than a couple people are saying things like that, but there are only 2 votes for affiliate, lol. I should've explained that it meant sites linking to us such as thehelper, epicwar, etc.

3. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Our ice clan had only a couple of coders and we were looking for systems on hive for quite a good time, from Nestharus/PurgeandFire (just ones I instantly remember) etc, when trying to do some new tricks in game design.
    We only had one account back then, @Sapeur-Goblin , ;D , as we were not really interested in the community actually, but only in taking some submissions into our project.

After some time though I wanted to share my first map on hive, and also following people's content and discussing with them, especially about coding, was really interesting, so I created my own account from then on. It's some good fun since then.

4. Bitchmoon

Bitchmoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    StopCampingN00b's strong masculine musk and his unimitable alpha male aura have pulled me into making an account to stalk him. :^)

5. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Vanguard member of wc3sear.ch, reporting in.

6. DaLittle

DaLittle

Resources:
    Resources:
    by simply searching in the google

7. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    I searched where I can share my maps (rejected).
    Really made me sad. But glad some ultimate users helped me (ironruler, drunk jackal, jay's son), so I decided to stay. Planned to quit because banned, but I cant stop my self from open this website, so now I ended up to share my non warcraft related art. eh wait, this is not "why you here" thread

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't remember how I first heard of it, exactly... However, I remember being huge into the World Editor & playing around, and when I looked for help/downloads (even though I couldn't DL stuff), I always found links to either Wc3C.net or the wc3sear.ch.

I ended up joining both within a few months of each other, but I really only spent time on Wc3C, disdaining the Hive. I still would to this day if it weren't for the fact that Wc3C has become somewhat of a ghost town. The activity (especially the awexome artists & cool Contests) came here, and thus so did I.

*doffs hat*

9. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I think I found this place to upload my nub maps when I was 12.

10. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found Hive when I met StopCampinGn00b testing out a beta version of Warcraft: Tactical Warfare, and then I joined Clan THW, then StopCampinGn00b introduced me to this strange place that I had never heard of called The Hive Workshop.

Link
    : www.hiveworkshop.com
    It's pretty cool, and you should check it out!

11. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was looking for maps in EpicWar, and saw Hive. Then I just click on Hive's icon and went here.

12. SeedinAethyr

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found out about it in a game lobby. Some guy was talking about Hiveworkshop and when I asked what it was he told me.

I joined when I was looking for Myths: Dianmorr on the internet. I saw a user was developing a remastered version for it and I joined to comment that I supported his efforts.
    I did not realize that the project was dead and the thread was closed. :(

13. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some strange Finnish guy called Alphcarus on youtube, no idea how his stuff popped in my suggestions though...

14. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I remember nothing...

15. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The thread was requested to be stickied a month ago, and voila, it's finally watching the regular threads sitting atop from above.

@Lasersquid112
    @SeedinAethyr
    Added the option that fits your guys' experience. The option to change votes is available.

16. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    8 years ago, was browsing maps on epicwar and saw link at bottom.

17. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didnt find hive, hive found me xd

18. best_player_88

best_player_88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ~10 years ago, I searched for an online guide which explains how to edit an ability in warcraft 3 world editor. The first result was hiveworkshop.com

19. TheBigMetalHandInTheSky

TheBigMetalHandInTheSky

Resources:
    Resources:
    About 3 years ago I went to a friend's house to hang out. We played Warcraft III and I found out he used this website to download maps/resources. I had Reign of Chaos back then and there wasn't as many options in the editor (e.g, unable to edit/create spells (even with the trigger editor)), so I didn't play it often.
    In the Christmas of 2016 I received The Frozen Throne as a Christmas present (I sound so spoiled). I wanted to create spells so badly, so I created some via the Object Editor. After realizing I didn't have many options in the Object Editor, I opened the Trigger Editor. But I was completely new to the Trigger Editor (I still am not good at it, but hey, I can create nova spells and spells that hit all enemies in an area!), and sadly, it isn't friendly to new trigger creators. I recalled the website my friend used, and found out I could figure out how to use the trigger editor by looking up spell codes, asking on threads, etc. And that's how I found this website!
    This is also why I joined so recently.

20. MysteryMaze

MysteryMaze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was in Korean map making community and I saw most imported resources came from Hive. Maps from Hive were not normally used due to language difference, it was mostly icons and models that were widely handled.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017