• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3sear.ch how did you heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well i (and guess others as well ) want to know how did you heard of this site.

----

As a warcraft moder i was looking for a warcraft site.
(to imaginge at that time the best spell i knew was to "pick" some units and cast a spell upon them. :lol: )

i saw thehelper.net but they had dumb tutorials.
i knew those.

but somewhere i saw a wc3campaigns.com

and i told "what is this,warcraft custom campaigns??,lets download some."

i get there,(hated forums at that time) and i see a link named files,click on it and get here.

Next time i didnt remember the name.

i was looking for
wc3search.com
wc3search.net
but nothing!
i searched yahoo! with the same terms as last time and i got to wc3c,clicked link brought here and remembered the name.

after some time i registered and started posting spells.

this is my first spellpack

Endless Spellpack
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Spells&ID=835

and now my latest spellpack (not spell)

Spellpack Unlimited
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Spells&ID=1164

quite difference uh?

i learned a lot from this and wc3jass.com

well in general here is my story to how i found this amazing (but buggy) site.

Level 12
I don't remember how but I discovered that you could have costum models in wc3 so I searched for such on google and I found this site a saw that it had more wc3 models than I ever could imagine. I began to like this site very much and about 1.5 years after that I decided to become a member of it. I love this site even if it has some serious problems some times.

Level 13
Well... I don't know how i first time got here, but after next visit i decided to register. Then I submitted my map [that's why i registered] and... poof. I clicked "Forums" link, i just wanted to see it. I read some topics in Maps, and... these were my first replies. Then i downloaded about half of all models :roll: and went to bed [about 02:00 am :wink: ]. Thats all folks!

PS About "buggy site", the annoying thing is when I log in, links to new resources appears on top. AND, when i want to see new JASSes, I click "x Jass" and... poof! Site moves me to http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=AI&lastvisit=xxxxxxxxxx :roll: Well of course i can change adress manually, but it annoys :p

Level 9
the helper (SD_Ryoko) tutorials led me here

there used to be a link to this site

but i was firstly a menber of the warehouse tough

Level 13
i got some maps and want to upload it on the internet. I don't know anything about site for wc3 modder. So i just search it on google, and i found warcraft.org. There are no forums and i don't care about it, as long as i can upload my map. Later my friend get some cool custom maps and i asked him where do you get them. he said,

"I get it from wc3sear.ch, just search on it, it has many cool stuffs. Remember, it's not wc3search but wc3sear.ch, funny eh?"

So i go to this site and start to upload my map. I found this site has very cool stuffs for wc3 modding. Then, i start to look at the forums. At first, i feel not attracted, but then when i got a problem, i start to ask on map section forum. Finally i feel very comfortable with this site.

Level 7
once upon a time I were making Custom map just for fun.
then I suddenly got irritated when I didn't find any suitable models for creeps,
that's when I decided to clickety click Internet Icon, and type in google.fi.
somehow I managed to type 'WC3 + Models' and wheehee!
I found Wc3warehouse or something similiar,
then out of nothing, I just had to continue my journey, so I did, on my journeys in google, I had to fight against many vicious and cunning popups.
once however I had to slaughter whole army of them during that very same battle I bumped into attractive link,
I quickly Satbbed closest popup to death then another one and so on, I were in adrenaline rush I tooted like an elephant and swung my arrow all over the screen.
after the long and frustrating battle my finger got fatally wounded, it was numb.
I made my way towards the link and managed proceed...
that's when I got corrupted with enthusiasim and Dl:ed anything worth of downloading! I were in heaven!
after a while, for some reason, I wanted to play WC1! so I joined and made my request.

That was my story

Level 7
U.V said:
how did get to know about wc3search?
it was written in the loading of first map of the first Nature's Call campaign - how else???? :D

What do you mean "how else????" :?
I can list 100 different ways, how else you could find out of this place :p

I can say them all if I get an permission from Moderator
Since I don't want to spam without one

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hmmm. I don't remember quite well. I remember someone pointing me to download a map here. But, in fact, this was the first site i had registed. I was just gathering information about dota (watching the discussions of kokujo and nantuko too -.-). Then the first time i posted was... in the topic of Vexorian "I'm getting tired of this". Then i wanted to reply but... lol? The comment wasn't there. Only after some time i realized that Post Reply was actually a way of commenting in the forums lol. I was quite a newbie. I just downloaded some crap but then i visited the forums. I already had some wc3 knowledge, so i decided to help some peeps in the forums, but i learned many things; thanks to all this people. But i was still a newbie. I was applying the skin on the icon lol <.<. Only then i realized how to work with it. Pity that skins replace the original textures, it would be cool if we could use different skins but still use the original models. Anyway, i'm happy with this site, through I know it could be much better Darky's soul wasn't consumed by WoW. I hate WoW because i lost almost all my friends.... my best friend isn't online for 1 year, but i still didn't remove him from friends. I still hope he comes back and stays permanently some day, like you all hope Darky comes back some.... day...

-Rui

Level 12
Just happened to be while looking around for some nice maps to play, I came upon the Spider Queen. Then hearing about his sequel Return of the Dragons, I came to his inactive site and watched the news. And guess what? I had this site on the news forums. Of course I could've been among the first to register, but meh I didn't feel like it.

U.V

U.V

Level 7
Teppana said:
U.V said:
how did get to know about wc3search?
it was written in the loading of first map of the first Nature's Call campaign - how else???? :D

What do you mean "how else????" :?

if you cant understand the meaning behind that sentence, that's too bad, seeing as i have to go and work soon, thus i have no time (nor the will) to explian it.

think of this sentense as a compliment for Darky, rather than a very serious sentense.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well I thought Darky wasn't too skilled at campaign making, since i wasn't much impressed with The Spiderqueen, but i admit i was wrong after looking at Return of the Dragons. Really, the only two buggs i found was the board of the invasion on Map 8 (The nerubian empire) and the ice shard and tree seeds have the same description (ice shard bugged). That's why i wanted to talk to Darky himself but... you know... :S

-Rui

Level 7
I played some map at Battele.net (think it was by Panto, a really cool map BTW) and inside it was the wc3c url. I checked it, but the only thing interesting was the "files" link which lead me here. The only thing I cared about in the start was models, but later I saw the spells section and I though: "WOW, can me make new spells? Do we need a program or what? Anyway, I'll download some now". And then I learned spell making, and later JASS myself.

I registered at the end of march (to submit my first JASS spells) but actually I've been a "ghost" user long time before that.

Blade

Level 14
Very interesting topic... I remember I was looking for warcraft3 addons. I walked to campaign creations and downloaded few models and spells by Darky26 :). I looked for more models and found wc3sear.ch. From wc3sear.ch i found wc3campaigns... I downloaded few spells by Daelin [i don't remember the name]. I thought "WOW... i want to make spells". I tried to make gui triggered spells but i didn't quite understood them. I read Daelin's JASS tutorial to learn JASS syntax. The rest was easy, function names taken from Kattana's JASS Editor. And now i'm making spells and working on Blender3d mdl exporter :O...

Level 9
It all started back in WoW beta...

I was checkin through the forums, and i found a thread called "Awesome Video" I watched it, and then explored the site it was on.... i can quite remeber what it was called....

Anyway, someone was workin on a campaign there, and they posted a link of a modle they wanted edited, I checked it out, and it was on this website :).

thats how I came here...

Level 7
Rui said:
This site has became popular. I guess that's why; this site is great! :)

No! This site has been popular for long, at the moment it's loosing it's popularity greatly, because the ocean of bugs it has, for having no active admin, and for being pretty slow.

No offence, but I would say that this site was great, but it's constantly falling, that's what happens with sites without admins.

Level 3
I first heard about this site in May of '04 but I didn't feel like joining for some bizzare reason. I ended up joining maps.worldofwar.net in June of '04, awful site which I left really quickly. In July I joined WarCraft 3 Mod Forge but when it went down in September of '04 I needed new places to go. I wandered into wc3c at that time, in november for some reason I joined a lot of differant forums, this being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.