• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How did you come up with your nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
How did you come up with your nickname(username in hive)?

My story.

Before Supernickman 32 i had a longer nickname that i can't remember, only thing i remember is that it had numbers.

So how did i come up with Supernickman 32? Well i thought, i need easier nick, but at the same time it can't be generic so i could avoid any confusion. And thats how my nickname born, complete randomness that don't stand for anything.

But you might guess my surprise when i saw Youtube channel called "supernickman".

And i was like:
:eekani: -"There is Youtube channel called supernickman?"

:angry:- "Oh for the f**ks sake..."

Last edited:

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

I where pretty young when i made my nickname here. It's ScreamerNail now elsewhere.

Level 35
It's been almost ten years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I was playing a Half-Life mod called Paranoia when I signed up and I kinda liked the Russian soldier zombies in it. One of them was my avatar too, for quite a long time.

I also had a sequence of numbers behind my name, which was the super secret passcode in Doom RPG, since the username "Zombie" was already taken by an inactive user.

Somewhere around 2011, I asked the staff to rename me to Zombie and change the guy's name to something else. Before that, I've also been called "Zombie.", but the dot was confusing to many people.

Last edited:
I think he means either way.

Edit: My Hive user name is actually also my youtube name. But as you can see it's german in origin and i am german. So yeah.

Hmm, I see.
Well, "Directive255" comes from the Cyborg Commando in Tiberian Sun and the Centurion Siege Crawler in Mental Omega 2.0 (they share their quotes). One of their memorable quotes is "Directive"

Roland

R

Roland

My previous name was iAardvark which represents a stupid Earth pig that went futuristic, This name is still applied in my Email Accounts tho, simply adding iAardvarkGraphics2 or more accounts :b

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm not sure why, but I seemed to like "Kirby" (the Nintendo video game character, pink puff ball) more than any other, enough to make it my name. Wanted to be a bit more unique, though (*cough* ~14 *cough*), so I switched the vowels. Then, even though I hated usernames with numbers in them (still do), I went ahead & put a zero at the end (kinda rounds it out, visually, IMO). In fact, in the first iteration of this name (GameFAQs), it has two zeroes because someone else already had one, lol.

This name became so prevalent for me (e-mail address, GameFAQs, Wc3C & Hive) that when I sat down to come up with The One Username To Rule Them All (the one I use now everywhere, "Khyrberos"), it was essentially trying to maintain a phonetic & visual similarity to Kyrbi0 to aid in making the connection for people.

Level 10
Mine came from the first time i put my hands on the tft editor. I had already made -very simple- dungeon crawler fro myself in the roc editor and wanted to look what i could do with that editor (the normal try and error way to be honest). I created a hero out of the bloodmage and wanted to take a name which fit to the type of hero i created. So i browsed through the field of the bloodmage and found "Geldor Earthfire" and edited to forname to my own. A few iterations of that name later, due to not giving away personal information on an online game, i came with the product that is now visible on my account ^^

Level 30
I just happen to have the coolest name ever. :)

You have a very cool name. Especially if you google for this/your Name "Rufus".

I really like the Trivia of the Page:
RufusTrivia.PNG

Level 14
Level 11
Originally joined to just make icons. I hoped people enjoyed my icons. enjoy.
>_> lul

(GameFAQs)
Why are we the same person.
GameFAQs was my first not counting neopets username thing ever (also I was sooo edgy because I was underage/illegal as per the TOS). I was first Biggoronswords and then Biggoron and then my first email was almost biggoron something, but my mom thought that sounded like big-groin... so then my first email was thaskaelis (Kael-Thas). I've only just changed my username a few years ago into something less blatently nerdy.

I was high.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.