• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

ladder reset coming up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
for those caring like me...

Posted by the mighty glowing candle
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24702405565&sid=5000&pageNo=1

That's awesome. In WC3 I hated mass games accounts. The same way idc about the 'achievements'. Winning vs someone is called 'an achievement' !? While I like it, some Platinum for example may make you lose in the placement and still end up in some low league. It sucks to have to go the way from low cause it is uber slow. I started in Bronze, never had time to go further cause 1st Rank had 70 games, I had to make same number to move him down, better start higher...

Will this be the patch that will also allow ppl to publish maps I dont know so dont take it as me saying it.

I'll also post my acc soon, after the reset, just err didnt wanna reveal my real nickname.

Level 22
Achievements, ICONS!?... why care about them? Achievement is if you really won some tournament and someone posts news about it not if you've made 500-1k games... It's like in WC3 making an acc with spammed mass games... freaking useless. Btw I hate mass accounts, the max I could stand was making 1400 games on a wc3 one in 2006, then no way I stayed at acc that long. Blizzard are calling them 'career' bla bla bla as if this ladder is the deciding thing.

Level 11
You won't be demoted down to a low league if you lose a single placement match - and from my experience, you never play more than one platinum player in the placement matches. Also, I was originally ranked as Bronze in 2v2, but quickly rose to Gold. I didn't need to have the highest amount of points in my division, either.

Also, uhh, achievements are for fun. Obviously, Blizzard does not want to make a feature exclusively for the top group of players that would participate in tournaments. I think the point of them is just so that people can have fun, entertaining things to aim for, but meh.

Level 22
You won't be demoted down to a low league if you lose a single placement match - and from my experience, you never play more than one platinum player in the placement matches. Also, I was originally ranked as Bronze in 2v2, but quickly rose to Gold. I didn't need to have the highest amount of points in my division, either.

I think it's like WC3. if your first make a loss, you may not get stronger next but after 3:0 you may get stronger opponents. It also matters who you own to decide whether say 3 wins will put you in silver or gold. 4:0 will sure match you vs strong while start 0:2 and your next 3 may not be strong..

Some play for icons, it was never my understanding of fun but w/e.

Level 12
I play automatches for 'achievements' and portraits (or icons if you put it that way) mostly.
As for custom matches, those are other thing.

Level 40
In my experience 0:5 in 1v1 placement is copper, 1:5 is copper, 2:5 is bronze, 3:5 is silver, 4:5 is gold, 5:5 is platinum, or something (based on me and friends).

Also, if it is taking you more than a few games to rank up a league (I messed up my last placement and placed in Gold, but I ranked up to Platinum in around 10 games) then you clearly shouldn't be ranking up.

Level 5
In my experience 0:5 in 1v1 placement is copper, 1:5 is copper, 2:5 is bronze, 3:5 is silver, 4:5 is gold, 5:5 is platinum, or something (based on me and friends).

Also, if it is taking you more than a few games to rank up a league (I messed up my last placement and placed in Gold, but I ranked up to Platinum in around 10 games) then you clearly shouldn't be ranking up.

Strange i won 3 of my games and ended up in copper. (to be noted: I suck so copper is a nice place for me)

Level 22
Well, I dont know how it is in US servers but it may be harder on EU ones. For War3 Azeroth/Lordaeron was much poorer level than Northrend. The difficulty was Kalimdor > Northrend > Azeroth > Lordaeron. So if it is the same here... not saying my Bronze/silver opponents here dont suck but it may be really more than 10 games to go up a league. I've played vs platinums and although I could resist and show some skill, there was no way to win. So unless you do 10 win streak I doubt it will raise you up. My longest is 4 but may try to change it.

Dont you have to be 1st rank like several times to move up? Cause im pretty sure being once doesnt move you.

Level 40
No, you have to win significantly more than half of your games against favoured opponents to rank up, since that is an indication that you don't belong in the league.

When I ranked up to platinum (and I have about a 60% win ratio here so far, so it was a good rank up) I was only about 30th place in my gold division, but I was winning over 3/4 of my matches and thus being in gold was clearly stupid according to whatever ladder determining algorithm Blizzard is using.

Level 11
Yeah, when me and my partner were stuck in Bronze due to a few horribad placement games we had like a 85%+ win rate and got ranked up after like 15 games. We didn't actually get first place either, got moved up when we were like rank 15ish.

Level 13
MRZ on hive? Whoa.

Personally, I always went from rank 1 when changing leagues, even if I was winning a lot at the time. I do have about 50% in total though.

Level 22
No, you have to win significantly more than half of your games against favoured opponents to rank up, since that is an indication that you don't belong in the league.

When I ranked up to platinum (and I have about a 60% win ratio here so far, so it was a good rank up) I was only about 30th place in my gold division, but I was winning over 3/4 of my matches and thus being in gold was clearly stupid according to whatever ladder determining algorithm Blizzard is using.

Ahh good to know, thx. The reset should be next week (most likely) and right now people incl me suffer mass disconnections which ruins chances to move up.

Level 22
Before previous data wiping they were only resetting the stats to 0 every day and you had to play placement. That was cool, as you couldnt care less about wins"losses. It was much better than getting disced from time to time. Im not sure if it is the 40K players online or the fact that there will be a reset soon. I didnt get disced anymore rbut the message is:

Battle net temporary unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.