• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta ends 31 May then up again shortly near release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
And the mighty candle has spoken again. Oh that candle is one imba candle. I didn't see that coming..

We’d like to let all of our StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta test participants know that the first phase of the beta test will be coming to an end in all regions on Monday, May 31. The beta test will be unavailable for several weeks while we make some hardware and software configuration changes in preparation for the final phase of the beta test and the release of the game. We plan to bring the beta test back online for a couple of weeks prior to the game’s launch to complete our testing. We’ll have more details to share about when this final beta-testing phase will begin at a later date.

We’d like to thank all of our beta-test participants for your enthusiasm, dedication, and valuable feedback during the beta test, and we look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the StarCraft II beta test as the game’s July 27 launch approaches.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24915043027&sid=5000

TT

No tournaments, no nothing. More galaxy editor and learning things there I guess.. cant believe it. When they said 'few weeks before release beta will be over' I expected to be over in the end of June since that would be 3 weeks from the release - 27 July but no...

Also IMBA disconnections!

Level 4
Well everyone, it is time to get the starcrack loader and play against the AI. Till the beta is back again of course :D.

Level 22
Won't allow?
They can't stop it.

They are using a completely new system for verification and account and considering how strictly they made it, I doubt they will leave someone to simulate LAN like that. Plus it looks like blizzard are now taking real action against those trying to make sc2 playable else-like i.e Emulators/LANs.

Blizzard Sues 'StarCrack' Hackers, Promptly Dismisses Suit

Anyway don't worry, there will be beta maybe for at least 2 or 3 weeks. The scenario I can think of is:

June - no beta, they are working on it. The SC2 Editor will be available all the time ofc that's just the server.
July - first 2-3 weeks will be the final phase (until 14th-21st) then from 14th/21st July no beta anymore and weeks waiting until the game is on the shelves.

Who knows, they may bring the option to publish a map on the final phase.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Then why evem comment if the beta is comming to an end as it is of no concern to you.

Mid July you will have the full product (or atleast if you buy it), better than any beta. It will have a lot more content than the beta and custom maps will be playable multiplayer.

Level 22
Yes, the SC2 editor will be usable all the time and they may give us 2 or 3 weeks in July for the 'final phase'. Since patch 12 it drops often and my whole connection even to websites is lost after sc2 drop.. It rly needs fixing. No fun giving so many free wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.