• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Activision Blizzard Conference, SCII Related Sum-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The only information they released about the Starcraft II was that Closed Beta will start up in the end of this month, with "a global scale".

However, if this "global scale" takes all casual gamers like us into account was not clarified. But we can hope they will.
Also information about the release date was revealed; it is aimed for mid-2010 and that the StarCraft II beta will also serve as a platform for testing the new Battle.net

Just as a reminder, the beta will first start in the North America region along with Australia and New Zealand first. This will be followed by Asia and then Europe. It is currently known if the North America phase also includes countries in South and Central America.

Best Regards,
Ice_bane

Sources: http://www.sc2armory.com/ & Blizzard Activision Conference 10/2 -10

Level 22
Great news! Yesterday I said how their words 'mod community wasn’t where it needed to be for a game releasing in 2010' I accepted it as another delay due to the modding community... Earlier I knew about that conference yesterday but forgot about it.

It's explainable to start from China which has the biggest war3 community and Korea - war3 and mostly SC community. I guess as Blizzard and all there are Americans and because many gosu players are in the US, it's ok to start from US as well. I suppose Australia and New Zealand are there only because are in close regions otherwise what community can we talk about there???

Im realistic so I'd say, Beta NA this month, Asia in 2 months, Europe - in June or July - best scenario. Then comes the question - so what? Will beta be free dl? You need a key... And Blizzard made competitions for drawing to get a key... I took part in 1 silly not drawing related but it was too lame and some random guy took one.

Level 4
Great news! Yesterday I said how their words 'mod community wasn’t where it needed to be for a game releasing in 2010' I accepted it as another delay due to the modding community... Earlier I knew about that conference yesterday but forgot about it.

It's explainable to start from China which has the biggest war3 community and Korea - war3 and mostly SC community. I guess as Blizzard and all there are Americans and because many gosu players are in the US, it's ok to start from US as well. I suppose Australia and New Zealand are there only because are in close regions otherwise what community can we talk about there???

Im realistic so I'd say, Beta NA this month, Asia in 2 months, Europe - in June or July - best scenario. Then comes the question - so what? Will beta be free dl? You need a key... And Blizzard made competitions for drawing to get a key... I took part in 1 silly not drawing related but it was too lame and some random guy took one.

Well, there was only short info about SC2, most of it was related to economy and further plans of software releases and prodcution.

And yes I also think it's understandable that they start where it has announced. I was thinking of participating in a contest but I was so sure that you really didn't have a snowballs chance in hell to win so I just skipped it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.