• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SEA gains access to NA servers in Patch 1.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
We’re excited to announce that access to the North American Battle.net servers will be available following the release of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Patch 1.1.0. With this patch, the in-game region selector will be made available so a separate download will not be necessary to access the NA region.

Activation Procedures
Once the new patch is available, you can log into the Battle.net Account Management at www.battle.net with your username and password.

After you have logged in, click “Account” in the upper left-hand corner of the site. Under “Your Game Accounts”, there will be an option to “Add Game” for the NA version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

To activate, just click “Add Game” and you will immediately have the NA license on your Battle.net Account.

The in-game region selector will be integrated into the StarCraft II client. You can choose which region to play in before logging into your Battle.net account.

IMPORTANT: Be advised that patching and maintenance takes place at different times in each region. As a result you might be temporarily unable to access SEA games if you download the latest patch by connecting to NA.

If you connect to the NA region with a new patch, you will be unable to play in SEA/ANZ until this region is updated to the new patch as well, typically a day later. Once all regions have been updated to the same patch this will no longer be an issue.
Please take this into account when deciding when and where you'll play during patch days.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Who is eligible to play on the North American servers? How much will this cost?
A: All players, including those in the regions of Hong Kong and Macau, who purchase the English Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand standard or Collector’s Edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will have the option of playing on the North American Battle.net servers in addition to the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand servers. The option to play on North American Battle.net servers will come at no additional cost to players who have purchased the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

Q: How will access to the North American servers be granted?
A: All players with a copy of the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version will automatically gain the ability to access the North American servers -- this will be handled through Battle.net account management.

Q: What will happen with my Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand Battle.net account?
A: Once you get access to the North American Battle.net servers, you will have access to both regions for online play. You can choose which one to play on at any given time, and can switch back and forth at will.

Q: How will my friends list and rankings be handled?
A: All account-specific data, including friends lists, rankings, achievements, statistics, titles, and unlockable rewards, will be tracked separately for each region's Battle.net servers, and will not carry over between them.

Q: Will I be able to play on any of the other StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty regional servers?
A: No. Players who purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II will have access to the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand and the North American Battle.net servers. No other multi-region play will be available at this time.

http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/72596

Level 22
No cross realms isn't normal and Blizzard will add that, the question is how much does one have to wait. Just like in war3, I would barely enter NA server when they allow access. I see pros complain about more delay when they play US server, so it's natural when you play another region. But for tournaments you see, it matters a lot.

Level 22
I find this quite hilarious actually. Basically, everyone's argument for region locking being bad was that Aussies were getting shafted, so Blizzard took them to the letter of the argument.

+1 Blizzard.

Now that post gave me an idea what you are like. A big fanboy, that's why I never saw you saying something is wrong even about the most obvious things Blizzard did wrong. You are ready to kiss Blizz ass even if they mess up hard. There are a lot like you on the sc2 forums too. 'Thank you Blizzard, it's all so good that I'll buy the game even if you made it 1000$' - that kind. Have in mind that blind fanboyism emits stupidity.

Level 40
Now that post gave me an idea what you are like. A big fanboy, that's why I never saw you saying something is wrong even about the most obvious things Blizzard did wrong. You are ready to kiss Blizz ass even if they mess up hard. There are a lot like you on the sc2 forums too. 'Thank you Blizzard, it's all so good that I'll buy the game even if you made it 1000$' - that kind. Have in mind that blind fanboyism emits stupidity.
Are you this stupid in real life or just on the internet?

Level 22
If im stupid I dont know what you are, something beyond that. You clearly show that you kiss the ass of Blizzard since nothing bothers you. Ofc it doesnt bother you, you're just a fun player.

As of now, with these blue words, I announce that I officially stop commenting melee at THW or any other forum. I won't change my mind about you and your responses to my arguments that are pure trolling. I therefore exclude to talk about that in any forum and that if I want to share my disagreement with a patch, I will share it in gaming forums the way I do in gosugamers where they show understanding or some respect to the people by simply not trolling them.

Therefore, I will only use this forum for mapmaking and never go back to discussion melee with trolls and wasting my time with it. Let this be official.

Done with you and your comments and trolling my arguments once and for all. Bet money if you doubt that this is indeed my final commenting and wasting my time with you.

Level 22
If im stupid I dont know what you are, something beyond that. You clearly show that you kiss the ass of Blizzard since nothing bothers you. Ofc it doesnt bother you, you're just a fun player.

As of now, with these blue words, I announce that I officially stop commenting melee at THW or any other forum. I won't change my mind about you and your responses to my arguments that are pure trolling. I therefore exclude to talk about that in any forum and that if I want to share my disagreement with a patch, I will share it in gaming forums the way I do in gosugamers where they show understanding or some respect to the people by simply not trolling them.

Therefore, I will only use this forum for mapmaking and never go back to discussing melee with trolls and wasting my time with it. Let this be official.

Done with you and your comments and trolling my arguments once and for all. Bet money if you doubt that this is indeed my final commenting and wasting my time with you.

Level 4
Lololol Imtor, could you possibly be a bigger internet tuff guy? I love how you go around insulting anyone who doesn't 100% agree with your views. Thanks for the entertainment.

Level 22
I told you, this is pissing me off and they did it since SC2 beta - when I have seen things for years and state an opinion based on the long experience, have the guts to shut up and not go on in 20 posts how you're right and I'm not. Ofc I can be wrong sometimes, but taking my post and quoting every single paragraph saying everything I said is wrong is a complete utter bullshit and trolling and you know nothing. Of course I will bash such idiots...

Again, look at Replay Sites - everyone posts as they want, complain about patch since many things are not right with bnet 2, etc no one trolls you cause that's what that retard did at the other thread - absolutely the same trolls as in sc2 forums, I see the same. Really, trolls are mostly seen in non-skilled communities like mapmakers, sc2 forums. Why do you think Team Liquid ban for stupidity? That's why, they keep them clean from retardness.

Here you need to respect other's opinion, this was my opinion and those who disliked it had to shut up. I have reasons to hate bnet 2, many others do, many others agree with me just not in this mapmaking forum so...gg nothing you say against my argument will be more valid than mine

Level 22
You are the same bad trolls as in sc2 forums,Im trying to explain things, I only waste my time cause I get trolled by some noobs who like believing in their own ideas. Who educates you really... who grows you up... to be ignorant morons.

Hope you realize that I couldnt care less about this account or place and not talking to morons at THW will only save me so much time, and that time I will use for something useful.

Ahh I'll be using this place for mapmaking, so I wont see your retarded posts about how much you know about balances and melee. Rofl

Level 22
Too bad there is no moderator to clean your shit in the threads, at least im nice enough to moderate all my posts.

Purplepoot is arguing in a forum of noobs, with noobs, now I see the pointlessness of using a forum to discuss melee hahaha. And btw gosugamers has forums but I only comment replays and news, so pretty much better than the retardness here.

I'll be around just for the mapmaking section, just to be clear, so that you dont ask me 'didnt I say i quit', i didnt say the forums.

In conclusion: You here are incredibly stupid because the issues I complain about are problems of the majority and no one cares about your selfishness and how you don't care about them. Who are you? Nobodies. Famous gamers also share the same, even if they don't publicly say it probably to not get trolled by trolls like you.

When someone is posting a constructive criticism learn to shut your fucking mouth up and dont quote me every line saying all I say is wrong, cause this is ignorance, trolling and obviously you are the one who doesn't understand a shit. If you were a gamer, you wouldn't be at THW, so pretty much you have no right to talk like a Bronze has no right to talk. So shut up and die in shit. I'm done with you, I'll only laugh at every next post you make.

Level 22
With great pleasure and coming from my post, I will tell you that I quit THW and I will be banned to make sure I don't come anymore. So, as you PurplePoot pointed out as a crack in the logic, what am I doing here when saying no gamer would come here?

Thus, I take easily this decision to quit THW. It's easy, since I was ready to exchange this account for a beta key in February. Bye and learn the facts, Im going where they understand the problems of bnet and wouldn't just spam and troll.

Level 22
So am an asshole and everyone who trolled my opinion at the very start about how they are bringing up less important features, they aren't? You did well by not interfering Debode... Yes it's true that many of you here don't use much of the time into gaming to understand it and post and argue with me thinking your arguments are valid. I base mine on the previous battle net and I assure you many others think like me, just not here because you have different understanding and view about things..

Because here is the understanding of the casual guy that doesn't go deep into these features to feel their importance and because you all take that role of the 'regions, channels, lan what's that? i dont care!', that's why all here are against me. Don't you think you're selfish? The majority wants them you just never played enough to understand it. If you don't understand that I don't see a reason to waste any more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.