• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone hook me up with the US client downloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've got the Southeast Asia retail version, which of course stinks.
Anyway, they say they will give us access to the US servers within 57 days.
I want to start downloading the US client now, since with my crappy connection it will probably take 2 months to download 7GB anyway.
Blizzard said there won't be a switch I can flick in my SEA client to change to the US region, and that I will have to download a whole new client despite it just having a new connect string :/

Edit: Actually apparently all I need is the file called NA-Base.SC2Data, can someone hook me up?

Last edited:
Level 10
I can't grab it off account management until they unlock the US region for me, within 56 days :(

Thanks for that though.

Edit: "There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to blizzard.com/download and start another"
Gah. Well can you just upload the file called NA-Base.SC2Data? It is under Starcraft 2/Mods/Core.SC2Mod/

Level 10
Helping with the bump :)
And no, no can do, I've got myself an European.
Can you post the European version of this file for me please:
C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Mods\Core.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data

That is the file I need to switch regions.
I want to see if I've got this bug on my account thats making it part of the European region instead of SEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.