• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World Editor file doesnt come with the mac client, can someone send me the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello. I'm visiting my parents' house, but wanted to do some work on a project of mine. So I downloaded the WC3 client onto their mac, but the World Editor files aren't coming with it! And I cant find them anywhere on the internet either.

If someone would be willing to send me the WE files to my Gmail, I'd really appreciate it! PM me if youre willing to help out.

Or if you could link me to a legit place to download it, that would work too!

Thanks in advance

Sorry man, unfortunately the editor doesn't support macOS. :( The old version that used to ship with wc3 only supported PowerPC macs (so 2006 macs and below, and any macs that were running OS X 10.4-10.6 using Rosetta). Since patch 1.28, they just got rid of it altogether since the wc3 binary and the editor binary were built for different architectures.

The only options involve using the Windows wc3 editor. You can do any of these:
  • Create a Windows partition and use Boot Camp
  • Run some virtualization software like Parallels or VirtualBox
  • Try to install the windows version via Wineskin/WINE and run the editor through Wineskin
Might be better to wait til your trip to your parents' place is done, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.