• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old World Editor client doesn't open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Prior to the previous patch update for Reforged the older client of the World Editor doesn't run for me anymore. I've tried restarting and whatnot, replacing some of the files in the installation folder to meet no end. It appears to open, then immediately closes. I've tried running the old FT client which gave me a number of errors and even tried to reinstall the old client from their site which was replaced with the install file for the Reforged client. Is anyone else having an issue opening the older clients or is it just my installation messing up?

I only really wish to mess with the older client because from what I can tell the Reforged editor doesn't seem to have an option to edit with the classic graphics, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Level 8
The same happened to me but I fixed it. I opened the Regedit and deleted all the registry of World Editor. These are the steps for Windows(if you don't understand any step plz ask):
-> Go to Run and type Regedit.
-> Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\
-> Delete the World Editor folder.
-> Log off for the changes to take place.
-> Start the World Editor. Yay!
EDIT: another easy solution for Windows is to just create a new user profile and launch WE. It will work I did a test.
And welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Untitled.png

Asset mode SD for classic, HD for reforged

Level 24
On the subject of older world editor:
I had the same issue with world editor, I just reinstalled 1.31.1 after deleting the registry for warcraft 3.
Windowskey+r "regedit" HKEY_Current user>software>blizzard>warcraft 3

Be sure to back up any files before you uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.