• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread title question.

Here's how I got mine:
My whole dragon obsession started when I was about 12ish while playing one of the Sims (1) expansion packs (the magic one) which had dragons in it. When you buy a dragon in the game, depending on how you raise it you can either get a Torch (purple with orange chest and frills), a Burnie (red) or a Pyritie (yellow).

Me and my sister would go around pretending we're those dragons, and I was the Pyritie, and she was the Torch, and our mom was the Burnie and our Dad was the one which was at the back of the CD case which was green, but we had never seen it in-game, so we called it Orch.

From there, we went and made up 20-something other names for various other colors of dragons (all of which I use in my campaign), most of which only had a one letter difference (such as Lirch, Pirch, Firch, Dirch, Mirch, etc).

From there, I started to draw them, and because I started drawing from the weird Sims dragon, I had to slowly evolve my dragons to what they are today (e.g. my avatar).

How'd you get your username? And saying "Oh, I go by this everywhere" is not a good reason. You have to say how you came up with it the first time you used it.

Level 26
My story is very tedious and somewhat pointless. I was playing an online URL based riddle game (one among millions) called weffriddles, and one of the earlier riddles showed a sentence saying "whyismyspacebarbrokennnow?" where the answer was the extra n. Later, seeing as my original warcraft 3 account, "TheThinker", seemed like a boring name, i decided to do something somewhat less boring. Henceforth, MySpaceBarBroke was born. I still prefer my starcraft account, Drunk-SCV, though, and I'm probably going to get a new wc3 account later on in life.

Level 9
Funny thing,
I came up with this name just over a year ago when I was trying to think of a new name because my old one was being used by someone else.
My family was driving back home when a saw some Kaiser Chiefs supportes ( soccer team ) and I thought that sounds pretty good, Kaiser...
So I was fiddling around with that word and i thought hey, why not use Kixer...
And thats how I came up with the name... Nothing all that fantastic but its just a name...

Level 9
If you've clicked on a tauren alot you'd know that they can be happy, all they need is a pipe...

Level 13
Well... in mah WoW days mah character was name Unknowndruid (I was a tauren druid), and everyone would call be drood, rather then type out mah name. So, on forums and such, I became known as Drood, but I wanted to spice it up a bit, make a bit more 1337, so the o's became 0's. I normaly put xXDr00dXx, and I did for hive, but I never got the activation email, so I just made this account right after. The xXDr00dXx one is still in-active. :grin:

Level 9
I hate names written in 1337... There really is no point, 1337 should only be used when IM'ing...

Level 21
GST = Global Strike Team, my old CS 1.6 clan

Nemisis = Nemesis,

Current CSS name

The Nem Party:

The because i wanted it

Nem from Nemisis,

Party from a spray tag i made of an edited version of the bloc party album:

so my CSS name is now Evality.The Nem Party

Attachments

• Nem Party.jpg
    Nem Party.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 231
Level 12
From a character in Magic the Gathering.

There have been several chars I've liked, one that really stuck out was Fulla Braids, her lines made me laugh everytime.
It also happened to be the only MTG character name which wasnt already used up on bnet, I typed in Fulla and it worked, so I just kept the acc.

My brother acc is Chainer, also an mtg char :)

Level 10
I try to think of different names on every board I visit. I dunno why, I just like it this way. But anyway, I was puzzling over a name, and Legacy of Kain popped into my head. I tried to do "RedeemerandDestroyer", because that was how Moebius had described Raziel (two characters in the game) at the intro of Soul Reaver II. But alas, RedeemerandDestroyer was too long, so I typed in "Redeemer". It seemed a bit bland, so I put numbers after it. "Redeemer59".

If I ever add numbers into a name of mine, the number will be 59. "Genericperson59", "ImperialGuard59", etc. I do not know why I chose it, maybe because of time, where the clock can read "11:59".

Level 35
How my user name came to be is an interesting tale.

Long ago I began to design and brainstorm on a novel that I wanted to write, I wanted to combine fantasy and sci-fi, I also wanted to have God in it. So after designing and writing notes and stuff I found out how God placed himself in a fantasy, (yes I know "God" why its a fantasy? Because it was cool and I liked it.) Anyways I started with the elven name for God. (as the elves in my story worshiped God were as other elves in stories and books had a pantheon. It made it a little more original.) I looked at the old names of God. Elohim, Adonai. And I combined them. The result was Elonai. But soon I found a better name. And so I kept some honor in the name and used it as my username.....Albiet one vowel changed. Elenai was the result.

........PS I know it probably wasnt that interesting............it was EPIC however.

Level 31
My name is abit of a play on my real name. I used to have trouble lookingfor forum names and the such, so I decided "Why the hell don't I use my name?" The I remembered "Because thats stupid." so I changed my name up. It's partly inspired by a friend of mine, that had a screen name of "Jabmon" which were his initials and then mon. He told me it was origionaly man, but got changed due to people calling him mon. I just took teh frist three letters of my name and put man after it. And it still sounds very much like my name to.

Level 27
Well, usually I try to think of different names for everywhere. But, when I made my Battle.net account I decided that it was only going to be for Battle.net, and just used my real name. If my name were generic like Tim or John I would not have done so. Later I went to wc3sear.ch to try and get tools to make a 5th race and they had transferred over to here. I signed up here and used my name for simplicity with Battle.net and that it was most definitely not used.
My name is an Arabic name that means wise.

I like all you names. I think they are good.
Except Lich_King Wrath and anyone else who couldn't think of a name for themselves.

Level 2
My name ( Raaka what means raw or brutal in English) came one day in high school. Teacher just sayed;: "Lets see who are in the class... Raaka Arska in" and so i started to use Raaka_Arska cos its great word and its easy to remember. I used to use very strange names before... something RPG like names.
And Arska is just my Nickname from Ari.

Level 10
My name is self explanatory. I made it as my second wc3 b.net account. And then used it often. Reason being I'm an Arab (No duh) and proud of being so despite the stereotypical things that need not be mentioned.

Although this name has un-fortunatly sometimes leaded to me being kicked out of games because of racisim, i refuse to give up my name. Arab 4 life. This is who i am, im not changing anytime soon.

Well, usually I try to think of different names for everywhere. But, when I made my Battle.net account I decided that it was only going to be for Battle.net, and just used my real name. If my name were generic like Tim or John I would not have done so. Later I went to wc3sear.ch to try and get tools to make a 5th race and they had transferred over to here. I signed up here and used my name for simplicity with Battle.net and that it was most definitely not used.
My name is an Arabic name that means wise.

I like all you names. I think they are good.
Except Lich_King Wrath and anyone else who couldn't think of a name for themselves.

Hakeem.... doesnt "Zaki" mean smart/wise?

Edit: Oh wait its Hakeem too.

Level 9
I made my name from my B.Net name on Warcraft 3. I had played Warcraft 2 and SC, but my names were always changing. So this time I decided whatever I made, I'd stick with it. I tried the usual names...y'know, (Warlord, Mighty-Warrior, all those silly things) and came up with this. Havn't changed it yet ;)

Level 5
When i first got the game way back in like 2004 or 2003, I was originally gonna use my Runescpae name (Incendiary_G) but i had gotten tired of that name so i thought for a day about a user name.
Then, i was walking around and there was this metal thing on the street and when i picked it up... it was cold, and then that idea some how turned into Steel_Cold, which i am still happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.