• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How did you found HiveWorkshop.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i tried to play a map named Anime wars (not sure of the name). then it hit me: "where do the anime chracters come from? i dont see them in the campaign?) so i figured that there is an external source, then i browsed the directory and found the world editor. dont know how to use it so i googled tutorials and i found 2 other modding sites that looked the same, another is a chinese, and then a russian site:) then eventually i found the Hive because it was advertised in a lot of posts:)

Level 49
well i was just searching "Death Knight concept art" at google and found the site wc3c.net, from there i found another link which lead me to this site, and i continued to browse on this site and found lots of awesome resources, so i registered.

Level 3
Matagal na ako sa map making, sa Warcraft Underground. Matagal ku narin nakita tong hive pero di ku maxado napancin. Dada (Dawn) here is my partner in map making back there. Niyaya nya ako to join and here i am ^^

and hell yeah i am staying! ^^

Level 2
can't remember when i started war3 modding. Basta nakita ko na tong Hive dati pa kaso mas nauna lang akong sumali sa WarUNlimited, medyo mas malaya magupload dun e. Kaso limited ang galaw sa forums.

Level 3
My mind's fuzzy. I'm senile even if I'm still 15 y/o. Well.. I look like one.

All I can remember about finding this site is by clicking any links that leads to tuts in War3 WE.

Me, just like Dawn whitelighter. trying to find sites on the web to help me understand WE. Do'n muna ako sa World Editor Tutorials tapos nakita ko 'to. I tried submitting maps here also in the other site. Two of my maps were luckily approved in WETutorials, thanks. Mahirap yata makuha approval dito eh. There are actually maps here na talagang the best but still pending for 1 0r two months... This site is really strict in approving maps, but for me that's just perfect. Approved maps in this site are really superb. So, if a map is approved here you are the best mapper.

Level 30
seconded with fellow Adiktuz over here.
and to them, they're actually doing more outdoor times instead of this forum, since you know, they don't get paid with this abomination XD
anyway you can just talk to one of the map mods in personal for your map to get approved, or fixed.

Level 9
PaNo ko 2 nakita? whahaha...

Story.

Part 1: Knowing World Editor!

I was playing on a computer shop, i'm patching the wc3 on it, :) then i saw the worldedit, first came up to my mind, what does this do?, then try opening it, after loading, i saw bunch of icons of units heroes, then i started clicking it, woah.. what's this?

I was just putting units, heroes. then something happened, i scroll the mouse accidentally then woah, doodads? terrains? what's this? where's the units?

Part 2: Founding Hiveworkshop!

After that, Something came up on my mind, there might be some tutorials on the internet. Then tried googling it, hehe, saw bunch of sites, first, I found helper.net's world-editor-tutorial site. I checked it, then I learned many things. I was curious about importing, then I started searching google, free mdl files, mdx files, no results, must pay for them :wink: . Then I tried searching for warcraft models, finally, I FOUND THE SITE! hahahaha

Level 9
me, i was looking on tutorials on the helper.net. suddenly in the tutorial "How to Make a Hero Glow without (whatever i forgot, was it modeling?). I found a link to that hero glow in this site. then i got interested in the site and decided to register. DI KO ALAM NA MADAMING PILIPINO DITO WAHHAHHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.