• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icons for Infernals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hullo hullo!

Im in a project called Infernals vs. Golems, and we need 5 icons for the Infernals. If you want to know more about the project, or join the crew, just ask.

Heres the models we need icons for:
Shadow
Ice
Fire (we might call it magma)
Brass
Poison (Might get changed to another Infernal, so dont start on that yet.)

If you want help importing the models to have a look at them, pm me.

The icon should be an original, but can be made as a "recolour" of the blizzard icon. If you want to make a recolour, please say this at first, so theres no missunderstandings.

Feel like making an icon? Answer on this thread please!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So you're willing to accept recolors, but an icon specifically made for the model isn't good enough?

By the way, five minute job on these, use them if you want. I don't need credit.

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 131
  • firedis.jpg
    firedis.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 119
  • ice.jpg
    ice.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 128
  • disice.jpg
    disice.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 118
Level 6
Chriz. said:
So you're willing to accept recolors, but an icon specifically made for the model isn't good enough?

Well, youre right, and it sounds wierd. I should have done a better request than what i made. But what i expected was to maybe get a reply from someone, and then discuss with that person. The recolour of course has to be refering to the model we use, and what theme that model has.
The thing with the Brass-icon is that its not really good, maybe you agree, maybe not, since it looks like a hump on shoulders.

What we wont is a more "personified" icon, since the Infernas is a hero in our map (Yes, should had thought about this before posting and written it in the request, ill edit it).

Thanks for those icons, we might use them.

Last edited:
Level 6
hey that could be great for the shadowinfernal. the thing is that he doesnt have so much purple except the eyes, hes just black (kinda boring on an icon). Take a look at the model (guess u've done that): ShadowInfernal
models_634_screenshot.jpg

If you make the eyes purp as they are now, and add the smoke he has around his head it could be just what we need.

*Edit* About the poison, dont finish it unless you feel really compelled. I bet we will change that infernal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Chriz. How do you do that so fast? I sthere something I am missing because if I would try to recolor an icon, I would start actually redrawing the whole thing, which I am guessing i snot what you did. So how do you do that?

Image --> Adjustments --> Hue/Saturation

Level 6
HeretoDLstuff said:
... EDIT: Wait, you mean my icon has to much purple or to little.

I want it to be less purple in it, only the eyes should be purple if you can make it so. Let the Infernals head be more "dark-grey" as in the picture, and have the smoke real black. Could that be something?

Status
Not open for further replies.