• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recolour request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I'm looking for a blue infernal model and yes i have seen the wonderful array of "ice infernals" and yes i have tried tinting it but it doesn't have much effect on the flames i just want blue instead of green for the model, portrait, meteor effect and if its not to much trouble the icon for the infernal too.

for those who want to skip my message
here's the short version: infernal BLUE GOOD, NOT BLUE INFERNAL BAD!!!

oh and I'd have to be clinically retarded to not give rep ;P
and i will give rep to all those who try even if i don't pick yours

Level 7
Made you the model, birth, portrait, and icon you wanted. Hope you like it.:grin:
Blue Green Infernal.jpg
Blue Infernal portrait.jpg
Blue Infernal birth.jpg
BTNInfernal.jpg

Model File :fp: View attachment Blue Infernal.mdx

Portrait File :fp: View attachment Blue Infernal_portrait.mdx

Birth File :fp: View attachment Blue InfernalBirth.mdx

BTN Icon File :fp: View attachment BTNInfernal.blp

Texture File :fp: View attachment Blue_Infernal.blp

Custom Texture Path :fp: "Textures\Blue_Infernal.blp"

Fixed and looking good. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 31
I can try it.

EDIT: Was easy, I recoulered the Particle Emitters and the Geoset Animations.
I hope you like the result.
Ignore the portrait in the screenshot, I just didn't import the portrait.
But it will work fine. All models don't need custom pathes.
The BTN icon's path is: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNInfernal.blp"
The DISBTN icon's path is "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNInfernal.blp"
Here you are, please give me credits.

Attachments

• BlueInfernal.mdx
    168.3 KB · Views: 76
  • BlueInfernal_portrait.mdx
    17.9 KB · Views: 80
  • BlueInfernal.jpg
    BlueInfernal.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 109
  • BTNInfernal.blp
    8.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DISBTNInfernal.blp
    6.6 KB · Views: 50
  • BlueInfernalBirth.mdx
    25.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 24
wow that looks awesome thank you so much, its exactly what i imagined.
thank you Chilla killa this is perfect. thanks for reading my post ;P

could you by any chance point me in the direction of what programs or tutorials you used to change the colors of units is i would greatly appreciate it, Ive just got no backbone for finding said programs or tutorials.

Level 31
I just used Magos Model Editor for the Models and Adobe Photoshop CS2 for simple recolouring of the icons, but you can also use the Freeware GIMP, a very good drawing program, with nearly the same functions as PS.

The thing with the models was very easy.
The thing you have to know is that all those fire effects, glowing effects, star effects and much more are called generally Particle Emitters, which can be made in every colour you want. The flames at the Infernal are Particle Emitters, too.

Magos Model Editor is the perfect tool for editing and creating particle emitters.
For editing those, find the Infernal model at the MPQ Browser and open it.
Then go to Window -> Node Manager
The blue fields with a white arrow are Particle Emitters.
Double Click on them to edit them.
Then a window will appear with many fields with many numbers, for just recolouring, we can ignore those numbers. As you can see there are fields with colours. The infernal mainly has green or olive colour. When you click on those fields you can change the colour of the emitter, now choose different blue colours for the 3 colour fields. Then press okay and the emitter is recoloured, you have to do this with every emitter.

The infernal has also Geoset Anims, also called Animated Textures.
For editing the colour of those go to Window->Geoset Animation Manager.
There should be 9 Geoset Animations, double click on each and change the colour of all green Geoset Anims to blue. Don't change the white Geoset anims.
After you've done this with all emitters and geoset anims, the model is finished and you can save it. You will get an error, if you don't put ".mdx" behind your filename, when you save.

For recolouring the icons, open Magos, go to the MPQ Browser, click on File, choose war3.mpq, then open folders "Replacable Textures" -> "Command Buttons" then find the button of the Infernal (BTNInfernal.blp), double click on it and Magos will show it you, then go to Window->Texture Manager and rightclick on the only texture, then choose Export and put .tga behind the filename.
Then open the .tga file in Photoshop or GIMP and recolour it.
(In Photoshop, use the Hue/Saturation edit.
When you recoloured it to blue, save as .tga again, or just hit save.
Then we need another tool, called WC3Viewer, with which we can re-convert the .tga to .blp (the Warcraft format).
Then you need to do the same with the DISBTN, which you find under Replacable Textures->CommandButtonsDisabled-> DISBTNInfernal.

Status
Not open for further replies.