• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Of course, Henry Ford didn't invent cars. It was some French guy. Henry Ford invented the assembly line. Didn't you get that it was a joke, DarkKnight?

Level 35
My user name was given to me by DIVINE AND EPIC inspiration. Sent down to me in a flash of silver and golden light that bathed me in EPICnESS, Then I became ELENAI THE EPIC. Prophet of the HIVE and the original EPIC.

-Elenai the EPIC-

Taken from the archives of the "Library of Illunfar" and the "Tome Of Im'di'el (MDL)"

Level 21
GST_Nemisis is the nazi

this puppy hearts you

771306545_a709dcd1d4.jpg

random?

indeed.

Level 24
I've seen Mech's avatar on another forum before. Back on topic, the real question is not how did Mech come up with his name, but how was it still available June of 2007.

Level 4
Available on hive? 3 years ago I made an accont on wc3 named mech_gunner2... because I was like...11... And everyone just called me mech, so I made that the name for hive o_O, and my signature sucks.. I like Myspacebarbroke's o.o

Level 6
My username is really actually quite simple. I was writing this story and I needed to add names to my characters. I sucked at making up names so I put together random names that would work. such as -

Shaynne Patrick

Samuel Willston

Ever since then I alternate from Shaynne to Sam on the accounts i make excpt for WCIII or any of those mass account sites like youtube. in that case i just add a number =P

Level 8
Ivanneth - LotR Elvish for The Fruitgiving [or something similar]. My brother found it for me, after he used Gimilzagar [Star Sword] and Ivrin [The Crystal Ones, he changed it to Iwrin though]

Jack-Shepherd (B.Net acc.) - I'm obsessed with LOST ... lol. That's where I "stole" it, and then I found out that it's Jack Shephard ... oh well.

Level 3
Hi,
the story of my name is really simple. In kindergarten one of my friends wasn't able to say my name right (hm... you surely want to know my real life name, but it doesn't seem to be good to tell you, so just imagine what it could be...) and instead of my name he said something like "Phaian" and I found this pretty funny. Also my parents called me this way sometimes to aggravate me and so I always remembered this name. At the end of the last century (oh hell, it sounds terrible), it was about 1999, I started playing Age of Empires and later some other games online, but I didn't have any name. So I thought and got the idea to take "Pajam" as my name, because it's unique and already known by those I know from real life.

-By the way: I looked "Pajam" up and found out that there's a band from the U.S which is called this way. Also there's a town in Malaysia called Pajam. Even if the town is elder than me, I had the idea before the band had it...

-greetings, Pajam (not "Phaian")

Last edited:
Level 3
Hehe, okay, I'll tell you. My real life (first-) name is Fabian. And for some reason he (the guy from kindergaten) always said something like "Phaian". By reading it doesn't look that similar, but when you read it out really fast, it sounds a little as my real name.

€dit: Dan van Ohllus: In how far did you "germanize" your name? I don't see anything in your name that looks/ sounds German in any way... also I don't get the point you latinized your name...

Last edited:
Dan van Ohllus - I've latinized and germanized my real name (even though I am from Sweden). Though I've first used it on an antagonist character (looks like my old DvO avatar, the one with sun-glasses and purple wizard suite) I've made for a silly Swedish game which I'll never release until I've make a good version (don't ask).
- Used on Warcraft III Communities, and few other (when it was a while I've registered).

Kuhneghetz - from "Monthy Python: The Holy Grail" when the frenchmen taunts King Arthur and the Knights from the Round Table.
- My most used alias on forums I newly registered in, and DeviantArt, LAN, MSN, Common Chats, etc.

Toadwart - the real name of Toadie (from Gummi Bears).
- My Martial Heroes account. Not used.

Charly the Cat - Inspired from my cat, Charly.
- One of my old CS nicks.

Potatissälen or Potatissaelen - A mix of two Swedish words, Potatis (Potato) and Säl (Seal).
- Used on my Gmail.

There is a bull in my pyjamas! - Huh?
- One of my old CS nicks. Used when I'm REALLY bored. It's also used as a name for one of my few NES-styled original tunes.

Ghorya - I've just made it up.
- My unused b.net account.

Level 24
I thought you said you bought it on eBay. You know, I'm beginning to think you don't tell the straight truth that often.

Level 35
I once caught a Galapigos penguin that was THIS BIG...

<======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================> x 234710294

Eff, i was about 7-9 ish, I was signing up for Runescape CLASSIC(not the 3d ish graphics that are crap)
I couldn't decide on a username, i saw an advert on TV, it said 'iris' on it so i put 'iris200' as the username I would have, I later told people on runescape a little story that i was originally gonna be called iristle, but someone stole that name. Some time later in the year, after my account got haxxed because i was so stupid at that time, I named my new account 'iristle'. I have used that name almost ever since.

Level 3
When i was little i had my nickname(usernames for things like warcraft n stuff) as Milcraft. When i was about 6 or 7(ive been played the computer since i was 1, i got pics even!!! and started warcraft 2 before kindergarden) i dont knwo why but changed it to milcon, and have used it for usernames ever since(my name is Milton, so Milcraft was like Warcraft to me or some wierd).

Memories :p

Status
Not open for further replies.