• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
One of GST's stories count, but I'm having a damned hard time figuring out which one. Maybe he hasn't even given us the one that counts yet.

Level 24
Pyritie, you're not on the standard number of posts per pages, remember? We're on the 14th OH SHI— 15th.

Last edited:
Level 3
Tips

Serpent
Serpentos
Zerpentos

My tips on making names is to take an original word, add an roleplayesque suffix and change a few consonants and/or vowels.

Level 26
Serpent
Serpentos
Zerpentos

My tips on making names is to take an original word, add an roleplayesque suffix and change a few consonants and/or vowels.
I just take whatever name comes to mind. My two main RP names are either Soren or Silas. In a present day or future genre of RP, I use some name like Tom Havoc.

Level 3
I could also suggest incorporating things from mythology. In response to MySpaceBarBroke, I just picked Zerpentos one day and now it's the only thing I use. If it's an RP on BNet, then I have a large stash of names.

If you want to find a load of generators, visit this website; I use it all the time: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

Regards,
Zerp

Level 26
I could also suggest incorporating things from mythology. In response to MySpaceBarBroke, I just picked Zerpentos one day and now it's the only thing I use. If it's an RP on BNet, then I have a large stash of names.

If you want to find a load of generators, visit this website; I use it all the time: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

Regards,
Zerp
The name generators aren't all that nice. Almost all of them generate names that are full of hard consonants, overall sounding like educated gibberish.

Level 3
Well, I'm not too concerned about the names as I am able to invent my own. I'm more into the Diablo IIish creature names, though some of them are weird. :eekani: Oh well, it's still a good start.

Level 37
When my parents brought years ago first computer to our home I had to make my own username for the internet. It took some days before I made my decission. So this is how my username goes: "Aero" means in latin "wind" and "blyctos" at least in my opinion means "octobus" so my full name is like "Wind Octobus". Nice ya?

Level 26
octopus-aqua8.jpg

Very.

Level 3
Windy squid :p
sounds nice...
My nick in my linguage means beaver... they used to call me like that at school (don't remember the event that triggered the whole thing... pff!)
I just remember my best friend that was sitting next to me, suddenly on biology sed, and here is ouer beaver...
(guess... we were learning beaver anathomy...)
dfw_beaver_photo.jpg

And I was like: OMGWTFBBQ!?!

Level 8
Ok I now remember how I got my name.
Back when I was going to join GameFAQs I came up that I would unlike several other users I would travel around several different boards on that website and I would do it as long as I was logged on at the website therefor I came up with the name Travelforever. (Though the irony is that I sticked to a few differen't message boards instead of traveling all the boards.) Later on in life I became interested in the anime Naruto (Though that interest died off.) and joined a forum that was basically an forum about the anime Naruto (I still go on it for having several alternitives for non Naruto fans and it never gets old fighting with Hinata/NaruHina fans.) because I liked my GameFAQs name so much I named myself Traveler. (I don't exactly remember why I changed the name to that.) Because I liked that name so much I used it everywere but the places that the name was already taken. When I signed up on Battle.net Traveler was already taken and because I like the moon and werewolfs so much I eventually came up with the name Moontraveler (Often nicknamed moon) which combined 2 of the things I liked. And when I signed up on this website I just used my Battle.net name. (But not the password in case the website gets hacked or the creator was a scammer.)

Level 2
Here is how i got my name

Here is how my name came to be what it is.

It was about Four years ago back in 9th grade. I was playing another one of my favorite games (one i did not list) called Fire Emblem (the original). In the game they had the name of a place called Lycia(not entirly sure if that is how it is spelled) if im not mistaken, and i thought hey that sounds cool, but it would be cooler if i changed it a bit. So i added a letter basically and came up with a town called Lyncia. After doing this i got to thinking, if this is going to be a town i need to think of a cool name for me to use and be. So i basically too my two favore words Reign and Tsunami and changed them to Raign Sonami. And that is basically how i got this username, which is also what i use for my nickname. Also if anyone was wondering (which i partially doubt) is yes I am currently writing a book about Raign and his quest to find his memory about Lyncia. Its a really great story so far. I hope to have it completly finished by the end of my senior year this year of school.

Level 36
Eeew, naruto.

And you don't need to worry about your password getting stolen. If the hive was hacked, they'd most likely go for Ralle's or some other moderator/admin's password.

Except that if you read the information when you register on just about any forum, you'd know that passwords are located in an encrypted database, so no one can access them, unless they can crack the encryption of course....

Even so, I don't think anyone with that much skill would bother on a forum such as this.

Level 25
Well my real name is Frankie. People call me "Frankie J" since I'm a Junior in High School and named after my dad.

My friend calls me all kinds of random names every day, but one day when I was first registering at a forum, one of the random names I was called the day I was registering popped in my head and now... my name is "Craka_J". My friend literally called me that too so, thanks to him, my name is what it is today.

I was like twelve or thirteen years old at the time, and I regret my name choice. If I could change it, the name I'd choose would probably be:
Xiax or VorteX. Something like that. Craka_J sounds kind of lame to me. :p
~Craka_J

Level 25
I think being called a Cracka, Cracker, Craka, whatever is not offensive to me at all. It's a very stupid name to call someone. White people seem to come up with more offensive terms such as "Porch monkey". I'd mention more but I'd get banned lol
~Craka_J

Level 4
Deometris sounds like a greek name, and it could be considered a greek name, but its completely made up.

Its basically a combination of two greek names, Diomedes, and Dimitris.

Diomedes was a famous greek warrior who was said to be the second best warrior ever to exist. Not sure who the "first best" is, but its probably hercules (spelt a little differently probably).

Dimitris means 'lover of earth'.

Level 8
When I was about 6 months old, a lipoma (a tumour made of fat cells) formed in the subcutaneous tissue (fat layer) of my back. I got it removed this year :grin:. My name came from Quasimodo. For those of you who don't know, Quasimodo is the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I dropped the Quasi and took the Modo. I usually add "Lord" to the front of it transforming it into Lord Modo. I still sign my name as Lord Modo in email, even though I am 19. ^_^' I am so childish. I think it is my ADHD and the fact that I study some of the heaviest subjects at university (Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy) and require balance.

Last edited:
Level 25
I think I remember reading it got infected and the infection was what killed him.

And yeah, who says in a conversation:

"Oh so what happened to that Achilies guy?"

"He died."

"Oh? How'd that happen?"

"He hurt his heel. Died from a foot infection. Can you believe that shit?"

"Are you serious?"

I'm pretty sure they could've made something more glorious of a death than a foot wound. But what's done is done. Achilles died from a foot infection...
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.