• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where did you learn 3Dmax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I'm just curious to all those modelers here who've made such great models. Where did you learn 3Dmax? Did you take classes? Go to a design school? Learn it my trial and error? I just got 3Dmax 5 and installed the warcraft plugins. I read through the tutorials for 3Dmax and they talk like you should already have knowlegde in 3D workings. It's very daunting and overwhelming and seems like learning it is not possible just by clicking on everything and seeing what it does. How did you all do it?
-VGsatomi

Level 22
You can by it off their website. Just type in "Discreet 3D max" in your search engine and it will bring up a link.

Every modeler here had to of learned 3D max somehow, somehwere. I'm just trying to get an idea of where and how people are doing it (i.e. school, self taught, ect), so I know where to start. If anyone could post here how they've done it, I would appreciate it.

Level 25
Well, I don't have 3DS Max, and I live in Australia so whatever an American pays for it, I have to pay more than double. So there goes me getting the Max

But anywho, I basicaly learnt Milkshape first, then noticed simular things in Gmax when Milkshape expired, so I gave Gmax a spin as well. However, Gmax doesn't exactly have the best exporter ever...

Level 5
Illidan_09 said:
Mecheon, how in the world do u convert .gmax into .mdx
or .mdl or whatever. I downloaded G-max but i saw that it only saves as .gmax!

I dont really know but i would guess Wc3 View.
And somone need to find or make a free modeling program. That would be so useful

Status
Not open for further replies.