• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When did you get WC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The off topic section needs a new topic! Lol, im just curious, when did you all get Warcraft? I got it about a year after it came out, also...when did you get the expansion pack? I got that 1-2 years after also :p
Alsoo, How did you guys come to know WC3? I used to play it at my friends house, then I began to like it and bought it myself, to tell you the truth I hated WC3 at first, to much waiting to train units and build structures and such. :roll:

Level 12
I got the Reign of Chaos March 2003, which was about 7 months after the original release. I reserved my copy for the Frozen Throne so I got it right at the release date.

And for World of Warcraft...almost for a month from now. Gah, the truth is revealed.

Level 22
Took me about 6 months to pick it up. I played it when it was a demo, was REALLY dissapointed in the hero system...still am...kinda wished they left it like wc2, where it was all about building up your army and micromanaging it, not who can level up their hero first and then have an army support it. But after a while it started to grow on me....then I opened the world editor....now here I am...
-VGsatomi

Abc

Abc

Level 5
First i was curious so i downloaded reign of chaos from i warez site, only i couldnt play online so i asked my m8 to borrow his reign of chaos and frozen throne cd and he said i can keep the frozen throne cd cuz he didnt need it.
Well all this happened bout 6 months ago.

Level 13
Hummm...this is tricky

i was always a big fan of WC2-

i think about late 2003- my friend who got it left it to me when he shipped out with the army-

i thanked him profusely once i got hooked on the WE :p

he came back for christmas a year later with a conspicuously unlabeled CD (which read simply "Merry Christmas") which turned out to be Frozen Throne :p

i figured i'd try it out- little did i know how much it added to the WE- man i was hooked

unfortunately because of that i can't get any updates or play bnet- lesson learned- i'd have much rather paid the money for the legit copy-

bah

Level 7
I got it free from net when it was released (in here)... later on, my brother bought it so I kind of "borrowed" it
and then one day when I were walking in the store
I spotted heavenly light bursting from one of the shelves, there it was, it was love at first sight,
on that very same minute I bought WarCraftIII BattleChest!

Level 7
-Vindic@tor- said:
So god wanted you to buy it... wow :shock:

I've never tough it that way :shock:
and I'm pretty sure that if God wanted me to have it it would came to me through chimney... no, wait
then it would have been Santa :?

Maybe your right vindic@tor

Level 6
God Don't Exist!

I got my copy about a year after it came out. I got TFT about 3 months ago (Feburary).
-Vindic@tor- said:
God does NOT exist. There are 16 Gods and Demons, not only ONE God. Anyone who thinks there is only one God, you are sadly mistaken. If you all want me to, I'll be glad to explain the reasoning why he doesn't exist.

Level 7
Re: God Don't Exist!

Kamikazzee said:
I got my copy about a year after it came out. I got TFT about 3 months ago (Feburary).
-Vindic@tor- said:
God does NOT exist. There are 16 Gods and Demons, not only ONE God. Anyone who thinks there is only one God, you are sadly mistaken. If you all want me to, I'll be glad to explain the reasoning why he doesn't exist.

he didn't say that there's only one god, now did he?
only ONE of those 16 gods wanted me to buy WC3
or was it Demon :shock: ...nah

Level 8
@Kamikazzee: I believe in all the ancient Gods and Demons, like Anubis, Loki, Thor or Ravana, so you're wrong, too!!! Blasphemer :wink:

And now, back 2 topic...

Level 6
-Vindic@tor- said:
@Kamikazzee: I believe in all the ancient Gods and Demons, like Anubis, Loki, Thor or Ravana, so you're wrong, too!!! Blasphemer :wink: ...

Actually, there ARE 16 gods. Want to know why? Because the people who made Everquest HAD to agree on something. So they chose 16 of about 50 gods that they all believe in and created the language of Gnomish to fit in with it. Easy translation: Vowel = next vowel and constant = next constant. Eg. A=E, I=O, Q=R, D=F.
So you see, my religion has became what Everquest has taught me. Since Everquest is about 10 years old, that's also considered an old-school deity.

BEAT THAT!

Level 4
oh wow that was so long ago... i was always an avid fan of warcraft 1 and 2, then starcraft came out and i was an immediate addict. (icewall, minyun, minkorok, ignitl)ragoon, and a few others wre my handles)
when warcraft III came out i expected it to more or less be an upgraded scarcraft with orcs and humans instead of protoss zerg and human, so i got it asap (mid summer of 2002 i think). i hated it. period. it SUCKED back then lol.
I had been making various turret defences, what are now known as hero sieges, and capture the flags for at least a year. the WC3 setup really annoyed me on how it was totally (more or less) based on the heroes to defend.
understand that starcraft you can use mass numbers and a few upgrades to beat just about anything. in warcraft theres no true massing, better to just buy a few of the best, upgrade alot, and match your atk type against their weak armors.
when i heard that frozen throne would soon be released i had to see if people were already making ok maps, and they were! so i preordered it.
summer of 2003(i remember this info from getting and playing it in a new home i was renting for only that summer, so theres no doubt it was summer of '03) i recieved the frozen throne approx a week or so before they hit most shelves in TX.
as far as preference in the editors? dunno, I've never looking into the RoC only WE. i didnt look into it til i got the frozen throne.
(since then the game has been stolen from me 2 times and lost once. so I've spent about 4x what most people do to play the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.