• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well after being active around the "What did you do today?" thread, I decided that we should have a "What did you learn today?" thread since it seems more... Reasonable and on topic than "What did you do today?".

We learn something new everyday, so why not share it?
If you learn something in this thread, feel free to quote and say you learned that!
It's an off topic discussion about being on topic with what you learned!:vw_wtf:

Today I learned that:
"Tom and Jerry" was a British slang term from the 1800's, meaning "to fight and cause trouble".
Source: http://www.brynmawr.edu/library/speccoll/guides/london/sociallife.shtml

Level 9
Realise that when i post picture of my imaginative girlfriend on Facebook, they thought me as an another guy. 'forever alone cry"

Level 22
This is what I learned today
10626840_821709327860116_2955051461100335907_n.jpg

Nuu toopic! Wha' did youw lea'n todie?

As an Englishman, I learnt that this was a percieved way of how some British people speak (though I have no idea which accent it's supposed to be, possibly either somerset farmer, northern or some weird take on Scottish)

On a more serious note, I learnt how to properly utilise .sol files when using flash, considering memory space usage/minimums and verification

Level 12
Some days ago I learned that DotA 2 modding tools alpha are actually what the name suggests, an alpha. Whats disturbing about this is that DotA 2 development started in 2009.
My speculations that only 5 people work in the DotA 2 core team are more and more confirmed..

Level 5
Some days ago I learned that DotA 2 modding tools alpha are actually what the name suggests, an alpha. Whats disturbing about this is that DotA 2 development started in 2009.
My speculations that only 5 people work in the DotA 2 core team are more and more confirmed..

DotA 2 development started in 2009!?!?
Whatttttt
I didn't know this....
The development take so long!

Level 11
1. Hey Fladder did you delete my post?
2. Anyway, today I learned that Fladder the Flooder (just for the sake of rhyme) is actually a mod.
3. I changed my signature. The text not the pix okay? The T-E-X-T. In your face!

EDIT:
I learned that you should select the people you talk to in this site, one wrong person will lead a parade that may cause your demise. This is not directed to some specific people. I just had a dream about it so...

EDIT:
I learned that JonDrean the X-Pussy Cat Guy doesn't want other guys to touch his tralala.
But if you're a chick, he said he'll reconsider. :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 15
I just learned that I'm frigging AWESOME!!!! lol just kidding
What I learned is.. if you want to draw realistic, you must shade the background. Do not use white, and white is only used for light and highlight...

Level 15
I learned that Windows Update is fucaing stupid.
It almost broke my Windows.
Un-Plug battery and plug it again will fix it, lol. (if you use laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.