• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How is the Hive doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey everyone :)

A brief introduction: I've been an active member of the hive between 2008 and 2010, specializing in cinematic making, after which I moved most of my free "modding" time to TES 4: Oblivion. After a few years creating an expansion for Oblivion (one which I am very proud of) I mostly abandoned the hobby, focusing on my university and spending what free time I did have away from the PC. What affinity I had for world building and story weaving I invested in creating a D&D setting based on my cinematics.

That being said, I've been visiting the forums on a weekly basis, mostly just ghosting around, checking out a thread or two, never really abandoning the place, but not being frequent enough to know how things have been going.

Anyway, just wanted to ask how have things been? How active is the Hive, how many large projects are still being developed for the warcraft 3 platform? Anything else you think is interesting regarding the general community of this place, feel free to share :)

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hey CMarket, long time no speak!

I don't need to introduce myself to you, but to any users that may not know my background I have been active on The Hive and the sister site it absorbed, WC3Sear.ch, since around 2005. My activity trailed off around 2010, though I still continued to visit, and here I am, back again, and once more on the staff.

I think The Hive's still relatively active. ^^

Level 21
Hey there, I'm also a cinematic creator! As you may notice from my profile, I have uploaded two cinematics in 2013. I've been constantly active since the time I joined the Hive and such activity has been rewarded finally! I've just been promoted to a full mod from around 6 days.
It's always good to see ancient old users coming back again! Welcome back, the Hive is still hectic. Have you heard that there is a beta test for Hive 2?

Pretty much the same story. I hope hiveworkshop moves on to more recent games, perhaps in the form of modding, as I would really hate to see this place die (not that it will if it don't). Mostly did modeling and icons when I were active, and that one project that failed.

Anyway, the resource sections don't seem half as busy as back then, which saddens me, but I'm happy to see the site have survived 12 years after the game premiered. I guess wc3 and the HiveWorkShop was really something special and still is.

Level 37
Hey everyone :(

A brief introduction: I've been an active member of the Hive between 2006 and 2014, specializing in "map making", after which I moved writing a book. After sometime of writing the book (one which I am very proud of) I have not given up and still continue polishing it.

That being said, I've started to visit Hive again recently but I cannot understand why because I said after creating the final project I should have been gone forever.

Hey everyone :(

A brief introduction: I've been an active member of the Hive between 2006 and 2014, specializing in "map making", after which I moved writing a book. After sometime of writing the book (one which I am very proud of) I have not given up and still continue polishing it.

That being said, I've started to visit Hive again recently but I cannot understand why because I said after creating the final project I should have been gone forever.

I know the feeling, never thought I would return either. Haha

Level 39
Hey everyone :)

A brief introduction: I've been an active member of the hive between 2008 and 2010, specializing in cinematic making, after which I moved most of my free "modding" time to TES 4: Oblivion. After a few years creating an expansion for Oblivion (one which I am very proud of) I mostly abandoned the hobby, focusing on my university and spending what free time I did have away from the PC. What affinity I had for world building and story weaving I invested in creating a D&D setting based on my cinematics.

That being said, I've been visiting the forums on a weekly basis, mostly just ghosting around, checking out a thread or two, never really abandoning the place, but not being frequent enough to know how things have been going.

Anyway, just wanted to ask how have things been? How active is the Hive, how many large projects are still being developed for the warcraft 3 platform? Anything else you think is interesting regarding the general community of this place, feel free to share :)

The Golden Crest! I played that mod! It was really cool. Good job!

I think the site is surprisingly active. Warcraft 3 is after all over 10 years old, but we still have new resources being submitted every day.

As you can see from my join date, I've been a member since pretty much the beginning. I was very active from 2007 - 2009 after which I didn't really come back for a couple of years. The last 2 years I've been coming and going a lot making models.

Hope to see something from you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.