• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How do you work best when mapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Just wondering, how do you all map best? What time/place do you do most of it? What kind of mindset? Personally, I like to do my mapping after midnight. That's when I feel the most creative. Problems that have been bugging me for the entire day come together easily at night. I also like to map while it's raining. I can't concentrate when it's nice out.

Level 5
Get some Hardcore, Dark or Happy, depending on my mood. Get some Monster Energy, Possibly some Pizza. But usually any food will do. And between the hours of 10pm - 5am. After 5am I just say I'm done, and do something else.

Oh, and I as well, work better when it's raining. Unless the thunder breaks my power and it's like, "LAWL NO POWA! U NO SAVE EITHER!" =/

Level 6
The ideal mapping conditions would be at night, when it's raining outside and I don't have work or anything to think about the next day. I have either pizza or some form of snack and beverage. If I'm in the mood for it I have some good music playing. Sometimes I like it quiet, especially if it's raining and you can hear the rain rattling on the window-ledge.

Level 8
Rain and darkness, man. Something about it that lends itself to mapping. I personally don't drink energy drinks while mapping, only before, sometimes halfway through.

Level 12
Its a map-wolf!.... that did not sound like I thought it would. Anyways! It is pitchfork time! Burn the wolf and stab him!!!

I like to map when I am mad. When I get pissed, I get productive, and that is good. I also need my playlist. It is the most f'ed up list you ahev ever seen.

Level 8
Lol
I listen to Apocalyptica while I map, usually, along with some random Bloodhound Gang/Tenacious D, and some stuff I can't even begin to name.

Level 26
When nobody's around, usually after 11pm. Especially when it's quiet or raining (I like listening to the rain, when it does rain I open the tiny window near my desk to let the smell in), and when I have nothing else on my mind.

Ah, the refreshing smell of miniscule amounts of carbonic acid and dampness...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I don't map.

I like to animate when I really have nothing else I have to do at the time, so I can just relax and focus. I like to have a snack and a soda with me. Sometimes I like to play family guy in the background for a good laugh.

Level 5
I don't map.

I like to animate when I really have nothing else I have to do at the time, so I can just relax and focus. I like to have a snack and a soda with me. Sometimes I like to play family guy in the background for a good laugh.

Replace family guy with Fresh Prince of Bel Air. And that works for me =p.

Level 3
I do my map making in the morning (instead of sleeping at night I think of more ideas and then I do map making again before I go to bed). Also while I map I shrink WE down a little bit and open up a Family Guy or Futurama and I watch it in a little screen next to WE, it keeps me going

Status
Not open for further replies.