• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 8
Hello. I have a request. I need sludge dragon model. So take a black drake(standart model) attach sludge monster head(with sludge monster heads texture), replace four horns by tentacles, but make their animation smoother and with lesser amplitude, to not the ruin the shape of the head(they must still act like horns) and four tentacles on its back with normal sludge monster animation, maybe slightly smoother. Of cource replace its texture by sludge monsters one(obvious part) or leave standart, but recolor it with some filters to fit more with sludge monster gooish texture. Or even blend them in some proportion. And replace greenish-yellow fumes from mouth with maybe codo "devour" ability splats or blue-purple flames.

Attachments

• Drake.png
    Drake.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Level 4
Hello HIVERS! I Have a request i need a simple edit of Aerial Shackles turns into blue .. the lightning and caster effect i need it for my project to make something for kelthuzad like a skills or chains of kelthuzad ot something thank you and good luck :D

Level 4
nice guys thank you i will try the model soon but i am sure its fine i ill credits you #love seeker of course in my map project. about the ; lightning effect, im no good about model nor 2D , nor 3D if you guys can help or show me how to do it i could but i dont even know the right program to edit model and things like that :O ... if you guys cant thats cool i appreciate all the effort you gave me the aerialshack target model none the less :)

Level 28
Unfortunately that is not a SFX model, but rather a "lightning effect" which is a 2D *texture*, found in LightningData.slk (a special kind of spreadsheet). That could make it easier or harder for you to have edited...
Either that or he can simply export the lightning effect from this path : ReplaceableTextures\Weather\ and then edit it wih Gimp or Photoshop. After that he can re-import the effect to his map and change its path like this : ReplaceableTextures\Weather\lariatCaught.blp
Also this might help you : Spells - Custom Lightning Effects

Not sure how active this thread is these days, but if someone had the time I would appreciate a model of a standard ghoul with the simple addition of burrow/unburrow animations. I mean if you want to go ham and make it a full blown custom thing, I'm down with that, but just a simple animation addition would be more than enough for me. Thanks in advance.

RedLord

R

RedLord

Hello! Is this thread is still active? I don't know if this is simple but I want to have a "Villager" inside a "Car"

This:

Car | HIVE

:/

Level 35
Hello! Is this thread is still active? I don't know if this is simple but I want to have a "Villager" inside a "Car"

This:

Car | HIVE

:/

Who created said car? And wouldn't you rather just want a car with a driver? Or does it have to be that specific model?

Also just to note it: I likely won't have time to do anything like this for a good while (Given christmas coming up and various other functions, but might if I suddenly get the time and urge (but then it would be from scratch)).

RedLord

R

RedLord

Who created said car? And wouldn't you rather just want a car with a driver? Or does it have to be that specific model?

Also just to note it: I likely won't have time to do anything like this for a good while (Given christmas coming up and various other functions, but might if I suddenly get the time and urge (but then it would be from scratch)).

It's okay ^_^ Yeah I hope you have a time

Level 27
full

Elven Doodoads, a basic set of wall and ground banners, and weapon racks. I'm uploading this here because i couldn't get a proper texture with the golden bird, the main problem is that i don't know who did the custom lieutenant skin. If i could get someone to make a proper texture i will uplodad these on the main section.

There are three types of banners, one set for Blood Elf, one for Alliance, and other for Silvermoon colors.

Attachments

• SilvermoonDoodoads.rar
    193 KB · Views: 120
Level 14
I have a simple request if that's alright. Could someone please remove the hero glow from this model?
Garona Halforcen
Thanks!

(Female orc models are really hard to come by, especially non-heroes!)

here you go :)
but this is not the right place for requests I think

offtopic or not ? : speaking about which I guess I can put this link here simple model edits

Attachments

• garona.blp
    90.2 KB · Views: 74
  • GaronaHalforcen.mdx
    74.6 KB · Views: 75
Level 21
Could someone add a portrait to this model? (Uses a custom texture, dl in there too if anyone wants to use)
You can add it yourself with War3 Model Editor. It literally takes less than 5 seconds to add a camera object that defines the position from which the model is observed. Just open the model; go to Windows > Camera Manager; right click anywhere in the Camera Manager and select 'Create New from Current View'; save the model and you're done.

Last edited:
Level 9
May i get different color dragon spawn? icons and models...
for instance i don't think their is a black dragon spawn or bronze and for that matter the red and green ones could be touched up a little bit.

the game already has a decent blue dragon spawn.

Level 11

Attachments

• BTNTrollRegeneration.blp
    5.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DISBTNTrollRegeneration.blp
    3.4 KB · Views: 66
  • BTNTrollRegeneration2.blp
    5.3 KB · Views: 66
  • BTNTrollRegeneration3.blp
    5 KB · Views: 61
  • DISBTNTrollRegeneration2.blp
    3.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DISBTNTrollRegeneration3.blp
    3.3 KB · Views: 63
  • TrollRegeneration.png
    TrollRegeneration.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 84
  • TrollRegeneration2.png
    TrollRegeneration2.png
    31 KB · Views: 75
  • TrollRegeneration3.png
    TrollRegeneration3.png
    29 KB · Views: 79
Level 21
Greetings!
I need this model's light to stop shining the instant it dies or it, as a special effect, is destroyed by a trigger.
Not sure if this is a simple request though.
Here you go; the model is just a single light object, so I also removed all unused geosets, textures, materials, geoset animations and global sequences.

Attachments

• GreenLight.mdx
    880 bytes · Views: 56
Level 4
Can somebody recolor this model's green color to red or black.

Attachments

• BTNhaljordan_byJhotam.blp
    4.9 KB · Views: 62
  • LinternaVerde_PorJhotam.BLP
    233.4 KB · Views: 66
  • LinternaVerde-HalJordan_PorJhotam.mdx
    87.3 KB · Views: 45
Level 13
Can someone edit that lich king icon

BTNLichKing

Just change blue colors (eyes and background) to orange-yellow (fire look like). I need LK icon looks like bolvar from World of Warcraft

I'll give credit and rep :thumbs_up:

--------------------------------

Also, I need texture color changing for The Lich King
Just change sword and eyes color to orange-yellow (fire look like)

But mainly I need Icon

Level 13
Can someone edit that lich king icon

BTNLichKing

Just change blue colors (eyes and background) to orange-yellow (fire look like). I need LK icon looks like bolvar from World of Warcraft

I'll give credit and rep :thumbs_up:

--------------------------------

Also, I need texture color changing for The Lich King
Just change sword and eyes color to orange-yellow (fire look like)

But mainly I need Icon

Check it out and say if I did everything correctly or if you'd like something edited
I know you didn't say to change spellcast effects, but I added them as a separate model in case you wanna use that

Attachments

• Bolvar Lich King.rar
    419.5 KB · Views: 77
Level 2
Hello, for I haven't found the introduction section of hiveworkshop yet, can I introduce myself here a little bit?, then I have a relatively small favor to ask for.
My account name is infini_ty. I'm a fan of Warcraft 3. I haven't played WoW, but I like many of the stories of warcraft. In editing world, I'm currently an amateur map designer, trigger maker/scripter, and resource creator. I'm not good at making terrain, custom models, and command button icons, here is where I need a favor.

I'm making a Naga campaign which consist of random missions which occur around the time of WoW:BfA, but it is not parallel to the core story at all. Now I'm making a map where Naga is forced to swim instead of walking/slithering.
In War3 Model Editor, I only deleted the on foot sequences and renamed the sequences which have suffix "swim" on them to be their primary walking animations. But the result are, the Naga models such as Naga Myrmidon and Naga Royal Guard have a shorter tail than their walking form over the ground. And the Dragon Turtle model still leaves it's footprints when swimming. So, can someone edit the models for me so that the Naga have longer tail and the turtle doesn't leave footprints when they are used in swim mode?

I hope you get what I ask about, because I'm can't fluently speak english yet. Thanks.

Attachments

• Naga Units Swim Edition.rar
    286.6 KB · Views: 65
Level 48
@infini_ty If all you're trying to do is make Naga characters use their swimming animations instead of the walking ones, then you don't have to bother with editing the models at all. In fact, you can simply add "Swim" to their required animation name field, in the Object Editor, like so:

cd3ad99ae5.png

Hope this helps. :wink:

@master Gul'dan Are you refering to the spell effect upon casting Mirror Image? Grom and the Blademaster look similar enough. Can't the default model suffice?

Level 14

Attachments

• StunEffectRed.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 55
  • StunEffectYellow.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 49
  • StunEffectPurple.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 48
  • StunEffectOrange.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 47
  • StunEffectGreen.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 46
Level 2
@infini_ty If all you're trying to do is make Naga characters use their swimming animations instead of the walking ones, then you don't have to bother with editing the models at all. In fact, you can simply add "Swim" to their required animation name field, in the Object Editor, like so:

cd3ad99ae5.png

Hope this helps. :wink:

@master Gul'dan Are you refering to the spell effect upon casting Mirror Image? Grom and the Blademaster look similar enough. Can't the default model suffice?
It helps me for another case. I thank you for that. But I was actually asking for a way to edit the swim animations which some Naga units show because if you notice their tail, it has to be longer than the original shape if I'm about to make a better look for them in the game. What tool can I use to edit the tail and how do I make it look longer?
I'm new to warcraft 3 model editor, so a written tutorial might help me solve my problem. Thanks for your attention.