• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 2
@Lurdiak all it takes is swapping textures. The highelf texture is even in the same folder. This is simple enough that you should be able to doit by yourself, just take 3 minutes to read a tutorial on Magos model editor - material manager.

You're right, I really should try to learn the basics of editing so I can handle simple things like this. Nevertheless, thank you.

Level 3
hey can someone edit the vanilla worker units to instead of carrying lumber they carry crystals?
and instead of a bag of gold it is a barrel of gas/fuel?

will be awesome as an alternative instead of using scv, drone, or probe from starcraft and will be for every race! (O_O)

Edit1: if possible edit the goldmine into a volcano like building spewing smoke or gas?

Attachments

• Vespine Mine Concept.jpg
    Vespine Mine Concept.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Level 2
I don't really know how simple this would be to do, but would it be possible to give the high elven farm model in-game a proper birth animation? It currently goes from a flat base to fully built. I'm speaking of course of the small teamcolored one, not the huge ones.

Level 10
I don't really know how simple this would be to do, but would it be possible to give the high elven farm model in-game a proper birth animation? It currently goes from a flat base to fully built. I'm speaking of course of the small teamcolored one, not the huge ones.

Not sure if this may be what you want, but, there's Kitabatake's seven tier house, that I suppose has a better brith animation.
7 Tier Elf House

Level 2
Not sure if this may be what you want, but, there's Kitabatake's seven tier house, that I suppose has a better brith animation.
7 Tier Elf House
It's acceptable enough, if very simple, but the model is at a different angle than the one in the game? It's facing due south instead of being at a 45 degree angle like almost every other building... Makes it stand out in a bad way.

Level 25
I found out just now that the thread can't be updated the way it used to be because of the changes in Hive 2. It led me to thinking about a new format which would make it easier to update the thread if necessary. That's why I'm probably gonna be updating this thread for the next few days or so.

...or procrastinate for another 2 years, but I'll try.

Level 2
Would it be possible to remove the transparency and "ghost glow" from Kil'Jaeden's model? Basically make him solid instead of a hologram.

Level 25
I seem to recall offering to help retrofit/update the thread. I can't remember if I really did that, or why...

I can't recall if I saw that message before, but I agree that the thread needs a major update if not a complete overhaul. There's really a lot of things that can be done with this thread but I don't think I have the time and effort to bring it to it's full potential. It'd be interesting to see how others could manage the thread though, so if you'd really like to take over then we can ask a moderator to see if something can be done about it.

Level 27
Or as a temporal solution, making a new pinned thread with only a list of resources, only the owner can post stuff, as nobody here read the rules, that is the better way to keep a clean list.

And the list could have another use, we can find some old jewels hidden in this section instead of left these resources being lost in the sands of time.

Level 4
Can anyone turn this forest troll bear rider into a dark troll the model is not mine.

Attachments

• BearMount.blp
    179.8 KB · Views: 70
  • ForestTrollBearRider.mdx
    120.9 KB · Views: 55
  • ForestTrollBearRider_Portrait.mdx
    48.1 KB · Views: 54
Level 25
Or as a temporal solution, making a new pinned thread with only a list of resources, only the owner can post stuff, as nobody here read the rules, that is the better way to keep a clean list.

And the list could have another use, we can find some old jewels hidden in this section instead of left these resources being lost in the sands of time.

That could work, though I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference as keeping this thread since people only need to look at the first post. The people requesting make it harder to navigate around because of the new format though.

Can anyone turn this forest troll bear rider into a dark troll the model is not mine.

Can anyone make a dark troll bear rider please.

Can anyone remove the hero glow from the lich please

I suggest you visit other threads or create one yourself. This isn't really a workshop so your requests is likely to be ignored.

Level 16
Hello !

Can someone make a little modification of a model please ?

I would like to remove wings and "angelic" (eyes, wings and red stuff with teal bubbles, I can't name that) stuff and make her cape colorable.
Archangel Arcana

The autor allows to edit his model.

Thank you verymuch!

Level 10
Hello !

Can someone make a little modification of a model please ?

I would like to remove wings and "angelic" (eyes, wings and red stuff with teal bubbles, I can't name that) stuff and make her cape colorable.
Archangel Arcana

The autor allows to edit his model.

Thank you verymuch!

Here it is, at least without the angellic stuff.
Try it in game if it works, I just quickly edited it.
What do you mean, cape colorable? You mean, having it teamcoloured?

Also, you should totally download MDLvis and the model editor.
With a bit of practice it becomes really helpful, I managed to get a dwarven crossbowmen, a bit derpy but still useful for what I needed.
Hope the model edits help!

EDIT: Got it teamcoloured, if that's what you wanted.
Here's an ingame screenshot

Attachments

• ArchAngelArcana.mdx
    118.2 KB · Views: 122
  • ArchAngelArcana_Portrait.mdx
    46.6 KB · Views: 131
  • ArchAngelArcanaTC.mdx
    118.2 KB · Views: 132
  • ArchAngelArcanaTC_Portrait.mdx
    46.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 16
Hi !

I will try MDLvis ! Never heard it before...

Yes, I wanted it teamcolorable x)

Thank you very much! I will test it asap.

Level 16
Well, sorry to double-post... But it's again something quite easy, I guess.

I would like to have a Garithos "Unit".
So I took Ujimasa Hojo optimized model :
Knight, Othmar Garithos, and Derivatives

I tried to remove hero glow with Model Editor a few times...
But either game crashed or either this happened :
WC3ScrnShot_043018_022535_01.png

So please... Need help ! x)
Thank you

Level 16
I followed two differents tutorials, none worked... It's maybe because it's an optimized model.
Nevermind.

Level 14
hello @Tuwnew please stop posting requests in this thread, which further detracts from its readability. Ask for help where it's appropriate, and post simple models here if you are interested. I suggest you delete the glow mesh using mdlvis if you're unable to obtain results with conventional solutions to remove hero glows.

Level 3
Would it be possible for someone to do a simple white rat? Just using the existing rat model, but as a new model, so I still have access to the regular rat if needed.

Level 12
If you're concerned with small details like colour I'd advise you to apply the changes yourself.

1) Export the texture, I used W3 Viewer for that, and convert it to tga
2) Use photoshop or whatever tga reading program you have to edit the colour of the texture (e.g. selecting the areas and changing its brightness/contrast)
3) Convert back - now you have your custom skin so import it into the map
4) Export the model of the rat, can also be done in W3 Viewer
5) Alter the skin path of the model, you need to convert to mdl so you can text edit it and manually change the path of the skin to the custom one, alternatively you can use Model Editor to import the custom texture to the model and change the texture the material references

And once you do all that you can add all sorts of interesting changes to various models!

Can I get gray skinned recolors of the orc grunts, raiders and peons? These skins would be super useful because a lot of models use them.

Here you go:

Attachments

• Grunt.blp
    215.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Guldan.blp
    209.4 KB · Views: 113
  • ChaosWarlock.blp
    206.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Peon.blp
    186.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Raider.blp
    259 KB · Views: 113
  • Hellscream.blp
    81.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Necrolyte.blp
    209.8 KB · Views: 144
Ooh, can you do me a major solid and also make a gray version of Tauer's Blackrock Grunt model? I thought it used ingame textures but apparently not. He said it was okay to edit as long as you gave credit, so yeah.

I could but it might take me a while I've got a lot of plans this week but I'll see. I'd suggest leaving the request open as I might forget.

Level 7
Hi im here to request needs some edits to her skin make it fair and heres the codes and palette
#fdf5e2 (253,245,226) and make her lips black like as it seems she wearing lipstick but shiny black and also create this tattoo front chest and back like this but make it purplerrU_solid_AE56FA_chalkpurple_shop_preview.png .
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.14.36 PM.png

before i forget i want her bandanna covering her eyes to be remove and make it like seems she's filled with fel magic like thisnelf_demon_hunter_style.jpg make it bright purple like that image above.

ps:u can refer the picture below

Attachments

• HeroDemonHunterF2_Portrait.mdx
    96.3 KB · Views: 77
  • HeroDemonHunterF2.mdx
    385 KB · Views: 79
  • DHFemale.blp
    225.7 KB · Views: 92
  • skin_tones_website_2048x2048.png
    skin_tones_website_2048x2048.png
    522 KB · Views: 92
  • How-To-Wear-Black-Lipstick.jpg
    How-To-Wear-Black-Lipstick.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Oh, uh, could you add a download link to this?
Oh, my apologies ... real life has had me a little busy these days.
Credits for Tauer for the model, and a chr2 for the modified Skin.

Attachments

• BlackrockGruntV2.mdx
    73.5 KB · Views: 124
  • BlackrockGruntv2.blp
    182.4 KB · Views: 132
  • BlackrockGruntV2_Portrait.mdx
    36.9 KB · Views: 111
Level 9
Hello, I have a very simple request.

I need life drain (target) and siphon mana (caster) buff effects merged into one.
Basically green motes come out, blue motes come in, as a single effect.

EDIT:
Oh, an another very simple request.

Magic sentry buff model with collision shape, so it can be clicked normally.

Last edited: