• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 23
Could somebody please shoop Environment\LargeBuildingFire\LargeBuildingFire2.mdl to have a short (0.1 or so) death animation? For whatever reason it has one that lasts 7 seconds and messes with its usage in object editor quite badly.

--never mind. apparently it's not an object editor issue but some insane behavior in the current patch taking issue with some setting I have or something.

Last edited:
Level 14
I need a simple edit of Gnoll with bandit's axe.
Here you go.
The axe didn't fit the animations perfectly, and I am not good at editing animations, but hopefully it could do.
Update: Axe re-positioned to better fit the death animation

Attachments

• GnollWithBanditAxe.mdx
    138.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 23
Request

156670-a146cd108893eafc24f68b909721e19a.gif

Someone can add an missile for watch tower, like the spear on top of the tower?
115373-9e678b69b74c6397125656390bdcd24b-1.png
Also please add archer arrow effect to the spear.

Last edited:
Level 9
I have a very simple request - grave model (you know, the one Graveyard spawns around itself, or the generic doodad without variations) with a camera attached and wrapped in hero glow.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 55

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In 14 years, that's the first request I'm making :p

Texture Painting

Not sure if this qualifies as simple, but I was looking into having certain parts of textures painted. In particular, Cityscape_Dirt, Cityscape_RoughDirt, and Cityscape_Grass.

The cited parts are exemplified below. I was hoping a friendly fellow would paint the red parts with original drawings, avoiding very simple things such as the tile in lime green, and making full use of the available space, i.e. not leaving empty areas such as the part in mud brown.

If you don't mind me restricting things a little further, I'd love it if you could add a Fall or desert grass feeling to 2 or 3 of them.

example gratia.jpg

Level 21
Would it be a simple edit to add teamcolor to the beard and hair of the following model?
Rifleman

I added teamcolor to the axes via magos, but that looks pretty goofy on certain colors (yellow/cyan being way too bright for example).
^ If someone can make said weapon's teamcolor appear "naturally" i would settle for that instead of the probably more sophisticated hair modification.

Level 34
Would it be a simple edit to add teamcolor to the beard and hair of the following model?
Rifleman

I added teamcolor to the axes via magos, but that looks pretty goofy on certain colors (yellow/cyan being way too bright for example).
^ If someone can make said weapon's teamcolor appear "naturally" i would settle for that instead of the probably more sophisticated hair modification.
Is this ok? :peasant-thinking:

Attachments

• DwarfSlayerTC.rar
    178.1 KB · Views: 59
Level 21
Ah you went for the tattoos, good job.
Hp bar got bugged (way too high) but i fixed that with adjusting the Z extent in magos.

Level 17
Well hello there peeps, can anyone make a model based on the orc shaman, with the far seer skin.

bonus details: no need for mace and shield. just claw would be perfect.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Is this ok? :peasant-thinking:
Many thanks! Read my rep message, but basically plz post that on the thread.

Ah you went for the tattoos, good job.
Hp bar got bugged (way too high) but i fixed that with adjusting the Z extent in magos.
If you helped fix the one Stein123 uploaded, please do the same (upload it here and/or there).

Level 9
(Okay, this is embarrasing. I made a request, then thought I figured out how to do it on my own, deleted the request, and THEN realized whatever I did didn't work. Sorry for reposting.)

Can anyone please resize this model (the teamcolored one) so at 1.00 scale it is same size as 1.00 scale villager man? 0.5 scale in-game does the trick, but messes up attachments, which are important.

Level 4
Hello Hivers Anyone can make a Breath of Fire like the one of panda/Brewmaster but colors green like Fel Fire.. its for my map project Gul'dan abilitys i have few others request like this one but im starting with that one first :) Credits for who achive this

Level 17
Hello, recently i bothered you with a shaman unit model skinned around the farseer... (it didn't go anywhere)

i think it will be better for me to structure my request this way.

if someone can remove the hero glow from this Shaman model and make it drops crops after death it would be great. also do mention any specific BLP import paths i need.https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/shaman.49616/

Last edited:
Level 28
Hello, recently i bothered you with a shaman unit model skinned around the farseer... (it didn't go anywhere)

i think it will be better for me to structure my request this way.

if someone can remove the hero glow from this Shaman model and make it drops crops after death it would be great. also do mention any specific BLP import paths i need.
Here you go.

Attachments

• HeroDrekTharShaman.mdx
    192 KB · Views: 114
Level 28
Are you sure you uploaded the right one ? my link should have taken you to this model looking in the 3D model viewer. this is what i saw. and hence my request.

View attachment 324507

when i imported your model the only thing that changed was the shamans head.
Huh? That's weird. When I download it. It had the vanilla shaman texture like it shows in the picture below.

Anyway. I fixed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 302
  • HeroDrekTharShaman.mdx
    192 KB · Views: 59
Level 17
Huh? That's weird. When I download it. It had the vanilla shaman texture like it shows in the picture below.

Anyway. I fixed it.
The model isn't showing but... i think it has something to do with textures...

EDIT: i did try to manually extract and import used textures of herofarseer star8 and guts correctly it still doesn't show anything.

Last edited:
Level 17
Did you import the new shaman texture which can be found in the same folder as the model?

when i extracted used textures through the wc3viewer i didn't get this texture extracted to me. however i did notice a file called Shaman.blp when i used wc3model editor to see what textures are there.

(also for some reason when i generally try to export textures using the wc3modeleditor it gives an error so i didn't manage to try that out)

EDIT: ok i imported it and everything seems to be functioning properly... thank you.

Last edited:
have you tried using it as its made ? aka an attachment...

I have, and it works great for the Ranger/Sylvanas/Shandris model, but the attachment points in the model I linked is slightly different, which is why I wanted a slightly modified version of the bow attachments :p

Level 24
Can anyone edit Healing Wind to make the embers stay centered and to make the embers only appear during stand animation?
This model looks like shit ingame, but it could be really good with the changes im requesting.

Here you can see how whack the SFX is, the embers dissapear immediately since they are a part of the birth animation and not stand animation.
Please help.

Attachments

• Wonky.jpg
    Wonky.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 246