• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 34
Hey, i made some edits of HerrDave's Lotr orcs to turn them on WC3 fel orcs, they're just recolors and cnp, and some minor wrap edition on the models itself, all credits go to @HerrDave, @b17rider (for his Fel Thrall skin) and Blizzard/Activision, hope you find some use to them :peasant-frightened: @Kyrbi0

Attachments

• FelOrcBlackArrow.JPG
    FelOrcBlackArrow.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 383
  • FelOrcBlackArrow.mdx
    79 KB · Views: 108
  • FelOrcCaptain.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 98
  • FelOrcCaptain.JPG
    FelOrcCaptain.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 353
  • FelOrcCaptain.mdx
    110.8 KB · Views: 96
  • FelOrcSavage.JPG
    FelOrcSavage.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 360
  • FelOrcSavage.mdx
    64.7 KB · Views: 100
  • FelOrcStonehurler.JPG
    FelOrcStonehurler.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 351
  • FelOrcStonehurler.mdx
    73.2 KB · Views: 103
  • FelOrcWargRider.JPG
    FelOrcWargRider.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 311
  • FelOrcWargRider.mdx
    158 KB · Views: 112
  • FelOrcWarleader.JPG
    FelOrcWarleader.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 345
  • FelOrcWarleader.mdx
    74.4 KB · Views: 103
  • FelStonehurler.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 127
  • FelThrall.blp
    342.5 KB · Views: 191
  • FelUruk.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 94
  • FelWargRider.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 101
Level 34
Hello.
The summary only shows models until page 15 or so.
Has anyone created a Water Phoenix yet? If not, can i have one done, please?
- Fire particles removed
- Glow removed
- Deep blue recolor

Let me know and Thank you in advance!
Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion this is the closest to a water phoenix, the water dragon, maybe you can remove the spikes and voilá?

Level 20
Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion this is the closest to a water phoenix, the water dragon, maybe you can remove the spikes and voilá?
Thank you. I shall check this model out.

EDIT: the glow is cool, i don't mind the spikes, but at first sight it looks a bit low-poly. Will check how it looks in game.

EDIT2: this is fu**ing awesome and just what i needed! Approved!!!

Last edited:
Level 14
Can someone add a death animation to this, this and this? Creators aren't active anymore, or else I would have asked them :(
I assume the death animation for attachments would be the model just disappearing, right?
If so, here you go.

Attachments

• Goldensword.mdx
    6.6 KB · Views: 29
  • StarsOath.mdx
    12.4 KB · Views: 30
I assume the death animation for attachments would be the model just disappearing, right?
If so, here you go.

Yes that's what I meant :)

The Golden sword works perfectly (I think, will test it more thoroughly now), but the Stars Oath doesn't show up ingame.

Nevermind, forgot about the texture :peasant-frightened:

It works for me o-O
Did you make sure you set the texture path right? It shouldn't be "StarsOath.blp", instead it is "Star'sOath.blp"

LOL, that was the problem. I already had the texture set to Star'sOath.blp as I followed the import instructions, but it turned out the .mdx path also had to be changed to Star'sOath.mdx.

Anyway, works perfectly, thank you very much :) +rep (Can only do max 2, sorry).

Level 10
I posted this request in the 2D workshop by accident but here it is:

Would anyone be able to make a model of the Space Fel Orc but instead of an orc make it a night elf? Like just a headswap. I was looking for one with the Druid of the Talon head and one with the Druid of the Claw head. This includes turning the flesh from green to purple (the part of the arm that peeks through the armor.)

Thanks in advance!

Level 7
Greetings.

Can someone make a black version of these effects?

Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl

Thanks.

:peasant-smile:

Level 21
Greetings.

Can someone make a black version of these effects?

Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl

Thanks.

:peasant-smile:
Here you go, but they don't really look that good because there's only a few black in-game textures that I could use.

Attachments

• BlackBlinkCaster.mdx
    4.9 KB · Views: 38
  • BlackBlinkTarget.mdx
    7.6 KB · Views: 40
Level 21
Hello, can someone please recolor the hydra skin so that it would look something like this :
hydra2-jpg.329032
Here is that exact white Wow hydra skin; I just made it a bit darker, increased the contrast and added team color to make it better fit into Warcraft III.
WhiteHydra.jpg

Attachments

• WhiteHydra.blp
    203.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 5
Hi everyone! Can someone can edit Thrall's model, so his hammer disappears midway through his attack animation (like he is throwing it). I tried doing this myself, and even with an awesome tutorial from Rubellu i could not make it work. Add to that that both my model editor and Mdlvs can not, for some reason, show textures it makes it kinda awkward to work with, since i cant see the either the progress i make or the result. Thanks in advance.

Level 21
Can someone can edit Thrall's model, so his hammer disappears midway through his attack animation (like he is throwing it).
Here you go. To make it use the standard portrait set the path to Units\Orc\Thrall\Thrall.mdx
my model editor and Mdlvs can not, for some reason, show textures
The textures can't be loaded by model editors anymore since the MPQ archives that contained the game files have been replaced with CASC files since patch 1.30. For more information about this, you can read some of these threads.

Attachments

• ThrallRanged.mdx
    164.3 KB · Views: 40